Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a problem with my back so when I was pregnant with DD I changed the car to a Ford Kuga which is a jeep crossover car.Nice and high for getting DD in and out. We mostly use this as the family car as it has plenty of space for when we are travelling with bags, baby gear and the dog. DH drives a Volvo S60 which is a good family car too. But we don't bring the dog anywhere in his car
    DD Christmas 2010

DS Sucessful Boy Sway July 2013

DD2: Sucessful Girl Sway March 1st 2016

Thank you atomic & gender dreaming. Feeling so blessed to have had 2 sucessful sways. We would love one more to complete our family and our fingers are crossed for blue

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by cvd View Post
    I'm impressed at 3 car seats in a Civic!!! Thats too funny! and I'm complaining about a second in my Jetta! I just looked at the Mazda 5, I'm glad you like it so much!!! I think it's a touch still too much like a minivan for us! I'd be more into their CX5 but I haven't looked for those before so thank you! I forgot about Mazda for some reason lol
    Well we had to get a Sunshine Radian to make it work, lol, and all the sides overlap. But a $300 new specialty car seat was cheaper then a new car at the time!

The Mazda5 looks deceptively like a van in their ads and in pics, but I was shocked how it totally felt like driving a car once you were actually driving it. That's because it's essentially a wagon body on a car frame. The chassis and wheelbase is still the size of a compact sedan, so it turns/parks entirely like a car. And, I'm super short and hate driving enormous 'bus' feeling vehicles and it's a great fit for me.

Auroara, we have the GT trim (the Touring) without moonroof. The size of the vehicle is exactly the same as the GS (sports trim) but it comes with more deluxe 'stuff'. Some things I didn't care about like 6CD changer, better stereo, leather wrapped steering wheel and alloy rims, but some I did like cruise control and computerized traction control (we live in Ottawa and we get nasty winters!!) You can check the Mazda site to compare the two trims, I believe the price difference is about $2800. We also added roofracks for $400 (ripoff) but again we need it because of all the construction materials we're buying for our home improvement stuff.
    Me (38) and DH (38)

SAHM military momma to DS1 (2004), DS2 (who's all boy but loves to dance, though not in a tutu!) (2006), DS3 (2009), and our rainbow baby girl DD1 (2017)

early m/c Jan 2013

Cycle #1 @ HRC (Oct 2014) - 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized and biopsied. 1XX and 1XY abnormal. 1XX no DNA found, rebiopsied and found normal, frozen.
    FET attempt #1 (Nov 2014) - cancelled due to functional cyst. FET attempt #2 (Jan 30, 2015) - NT. Remaining embie failed to thaw.

May 2015 - started infertility treatments at OFC. Femara 2.5mg
    July 2015 - BFP after second round of Femara. Aug 4 2015 - 6w4d
    Dec 21 2015 - mmc 7w1d

Apr 2016 - IVF Cycle #2. Converted to IUI because of uneven response and leading follicles.
    Apr 19, 2016 - IUI with 3 mature follicles (2 right, 1 left), post wash: 17mil, 94% motility and 89% rapid motility. BFN.

June 3, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 5w.
    Sep 1, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 8w.

Our rainbow baby girl arrived on Mon Aug 28, 2017 - "After every storm comes a rainbow". We are so thankful and grateful for every moment.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a 2008 Saturn Outlook. It's a crossover and seats 7. Love my car BUT not enough cargo space. I am going a Suburban or Expedition EL. Tahoe/Yukons have zero cargo with out puting the third row down, same problem I have now. I had a 2010 Jetta and loved it but was two small for a family of 5 and my DH tried to talk me into a Suburban then but I was prego and felt that it was too big. Lol now I can't wait for one
    My family is complete!!!
    2/2000
    6/2003
    4/2011
    7/2013

Swayed for a

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We have a honda pilot and it fits 3 car seats in the middle and has a 3rd row that can pop up if needed. Ours is a 2006. We like it so much that we are going to upgrade for the 2013 within the next 6 months or so.
    DS(2004) DD1(2007) DD2(2012)

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by LacePrincess View Post
    Well we had to get a Sunshine Radian to make it work, lol, and all the sides overlap. But a $300 new specialty car seat was cheaper then a new car at the time!
    The Radian is also what allowed me to jam 3 car seats in a Nissan Sentra! It's a great seat! We ended up getting another one for ds3 when he outgrew his infant seat just because we liked it so much, even though we had our Sienna by then. Now we have two Radians and a backless Graco Turbobooster three-in-a-row in the 2nd row of my van because the boys all want to be together. It's ridiculous!
    2004 2007 2010

It's a boy! Due 7/8/2013

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was anti minivan until we found out twins were on the way an then we would have 3 in britax carseats. I got over it. I really dont understand the snobbiness of having minivans. But im one of those people just haPpy to have something get me from point a to point b. Late dh got me a Honda odyssey for Christmas that year. I still have it! It's been wonderful! Next year we are getting a suburban or a tahoe.
    Mom to 3 little men! Age 8 and twins who just turned 6!!

My Ovulation Chart
    || Ovulation Calendar

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Boymomsrock View Post
    I was anti minivan until we found out twins were on the way an then we would have 3 in britax carseats. I got over it. I really dont understand the snobbiness of having minivans. But im one of those people just haPpy to have something get me from point a to point b. Late dh got me a Honda odyssey for Christmas that year. I still have it! It's been wonderful! Next year we are getting a suburban or a tahoe.
    I really like the Tahoe! And sorry I really don't want to come across snobby over minivans lol it's just not what we want/need with a family of 4
    June 21 2011 - Ryder
    May 22 2013 - Hudson

Our family is now complete - no more babies for us. We didn't get our girl but I wouldn't trade my boys for the world, so in love.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by jennaesue View Post
    The Radian is also what allowed me to jam 3 car seats in a Nissan Sentra! It's a great seat! We ended up getting another one for ds3 when he outgrew his infant seat just because we liked it so much, even though we had our Sienna by then. Now we have two Radians and a backless Graco Turbobooster three-in-a-row in the 2nd row of my van because the boys all want to be together. It's ridiculous!
    Hahaha! Aw I love that they wanna sit together, that's so sweet!!!
    June 21 2011 - Ryder
    May 22 2013 - Hudson

Our family is now complete - no more babies for us. We didn't get our girl but I wouldn't trade my boys for the world, so in love.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by cvd View Post
    I really like the Tahoe! And sorry I really don't want to come across snobby over minivans lol it's just not what we want/need with a family of 4
    No no not you! You wouldn't need one with two Kids. I'm just saying in general I know so many ppl (my sister included) that will say I would NEVER drive a minivan. As if it takes away your cool factor or something. Um you have spit up on your shirt, you're not cool anymore lmao!
    Mom to 3 little men! Age 8 and twins who just turned 6!!

My Ovulation Chart
    || Ovulation Calendar

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We drive a BMW X5 Jeep at the moment and it has had plenty of room with our two boys but not sure how we will be with 3 little ones so are looking at the Audi Q7 as an upgrade from a 5 to a 7 seater at the moment. Love the jeep I have though but not sure we can manage 3 car seats in it. Dh drives a Landcruiser and they are pretty spacious too.

We feel blessed and happy that our family is complete.

Mammy to two angels in heaven.You will always be missed and loved.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast