Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ladies - what do you drive that is family friendly?

My husband and I have been thinking about getting a bigger vehicle, I was wondering what is family friendly that is NOT a mini van.

We currently have 2 TDI Volkswagen Jetta's. Mine is a bit newer then DH's but we love them.
    We wouldn't buy new, we don't want huge payments, something more we can pay off in a couple years. So far we have looked at things like the Chevy Tahoe/GMC Yukon, Volkswagen Touareg, Volvo CX90 and Audi Q5. (We are SUPER into our VW's, if you can't tell lol, we'd like to stick to german engineering, we would pick that over anything!!!!) All those seem to be in our price range in the 2008-2009 years. We test drove a Yukon and I was SO unimpressed with fuel range, I obviously expect to use more fuel with a bigger vehicle but this was crazy. We'd almost be better off with a pick up truck (which DH is hoping for lol). Plus it was TOO big I think, they are pretty much off our list.

Does anyone have any of these??? Other recommendations?? Just want a little more room, after my stroller is in the trunk and 2 car seats in the backseat we are pretty much full.
    We both refuse to get a mini van, I will continue to cram my diesel Jetta until it DIES before I would drive a mini van lol no offence to those who like them of course, just my preference

Thanks ladies!!
    June 21 2011 - Ryder
    May 22 2013 - Hudson

Our family is now complete - no more babies for us. We didn't get our girl but I wouldn't trade my boys for the world, so in love.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's time for us to upgrade now too.. LOL but we are going the mini van route!
    Age 7 5 MC May 2012 BFP June 2012 My ~*Princess*~ is now 3 yrs old! MC May 2015 Chemical June 2015
    DS#3 Arrived in April
    I love my Rainbow Baby with all my , She took a year to conceive! Thank you GD!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly Spirit View Post
    It's time for us to upgrade now too.. LOL but we are going the mini van route!
    What do you drive now with your 2??
    I know mini vans are actually perfect, the price range is fab and it has all the room LOL we are just too picky!!!
    June 21 2011 - Ryder
    May 22 2013 - Hudson

Our family is now complete - no more babies for us. We didn't get our girl but I wouldn't trade my boys for the world, so in love.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah I have a minivan so I am no help. I would just focus on vehicles that have a large trunk and large backseat so no compacts for sure!
    DS 1 2008
    DS 2 2010
    DS 3 2013

May 2014 at 5 weeks

August 2014 at 12 weeks

DD1 our beautiful rainbow baby joined us october 2015. No sway...just miracles.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by cvd View Post
    What do you drive now with your 2??
    I know mini vans are actually perfect, the price range is fab and it has all the room LOL we are just too picky!!!
    Oh I had to have A sporty & hot Mazda 6 as my first car, and got it the year I met DH. we get tons of compliments on it and he doesn't want to get rid of it.. but we just have to now Maybe someday when we are rich we will buy it back again! LOL JK
    we've survived awhile though.. the groceries mostly go on the floor stacked below our boys' feet and whatever we can fit in the trunk that already has crap in it.

But DH has accepted that we now have our family of 5.. and we are done.. but that there is just NO way to fit 3 carseats in the back or get some cheap skinny unsafe booster ones just to squeeze an infant carseat in ..
    He's now excited to do the trade in.. the price is good, you can get good deals and gas mileage will stay about the same too!
    Last edited by Butterfly Spirit; November 29th, 2012 at 01:44 PM.
    Age 7 5 MC May 2012 BFP June 2012 My ~*Princess*~ is now 3 yrs old! MC May 2015 Chemical June 2015
    DS#3 Arrived in April
    I love my Rainbow Baby with all my , She took a year to conceive! Thank you GD!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We have a mercedes ML270 - 7 seater but still looks nice - My hubby is too picky to have a normal 7 seater people carrier and he wont let me drive mini van - he is a bit of a snob.
    We are looking at trading this in after xmas for an Audio Q7 which is the only other 7 seater we have found that we both like.
    Mummy to 3 gorgeous Boys and FINALLY our baby Girl
    Owen 2004
    Ellis 2006
    Liam 2009
    D Amy 2013

M/C Oct 2012 after 4 months trying

BFP again !! - Nov 2012 - Confirmed Twins at 6+5 then my dreams were crushed at 8+ weeks when one of our twins sadly died.

THANK YOU TO GENDER DREAMING FOR HELPING MAKE OUR DREAMS COME TRUE

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mum23boys View Post
    We have a mercedes ML270 - 7 seater but still looks nice - My hubby is too picky to have a normal 7 seater people carrier and he wont let me drive mini van - he is a bit of a snob.
    We are looking at trading this in after xmas for an Audio Q7 which is the only other 7 seater we have found that we both like.
    Oh I LOVE the Q7. If we could afford the TDI Q7 that thing would be in my driveway like TONIGHT lol!!!
    June 21 2011 - Ryder
    May 22 2013 - Hudson

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly Spirit View Post
    Oh I had to have A sporty & hot Mazda 6 as my first car, and got it the year I met DH. we get tons of compliments on it and he doesn't want to get rid of it.. but we just have to now Maybe someday when we are rich we will buy it back again! LOL JK
    we've survived awhile though.. the groceries mostly go on the floor stacked below our boys' feet and whatever we can fit in the trunk that already has crap in it.

But DH has accepted that we now have our family of 5.. and we are done.. but that there is just NO way to fit 3 carseats in the back or get some cheap skinny unsafe booster ones just to squeeze an infant carseat in ..
    He's now excited to do the trade in.. the price is good, you can get good deals and gas mileage will stay about the same too!
    Haha!! Poor DH!! It's just so hard parting with a car you love!
    Since this is our second, the Jetta is still DO-ABLE. Just as you said, groceries will go by feet and anything else will need to find a place to smush haha more space would be nice!
    June 21 2011 - Ryder
    May 22 2013 - Hudson

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ha ha us too - we would need to use finance over like 5 years so probably wont bother since our merc is owned out right we may as well run it into the ground until it dies or we win the lottery.
    Mummy to 3 gorgeous Boys and FINALLY our baby Girl
    Owen 2004
    Ellis 2006
    Liam 2009
    D Amy 2013

M/C Oct 2012 after 4 months trying

BFP again !! - Nov 2012 - Confirmed Twins at 6+5 then my dreams were crushed at 8+ weeks when one of our twins sadly died.

THANK YOU TO GENDER DREAMING FOR HELPING MAKE OUR DREAMS COME TRUE

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I gave up the audi and got a acura mdx. My complaint with both of them...not enough space. DH and I are very tall, and when we put the driver/passenger seats back to accommodate us, we squish the kids legs (they're both still in car seats). We're going REALLY big with the next vehicle...thinking Escalade
    Sept 2008 & successful boy sway June 2010.
    M/C Oct 2012

Is DE in my future?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast