Downloads
    Uploads
    can also save to do a beautiful tree of life art print
    Its A Girl!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh my gosh 3Men, I didn't realize that we had like the exact thought at the EXACT same time!

But wow Cinss, I've been enlightened now..
    Age 7 5 MC May 2012 BFP June 2012 My ~*Princess*~ is now 3 yrs old! MC May 2015 Chemical June 2015
    DS#3 Arrived in April
    I love my Rainbow Baby with all my , She took a year to conceive! Thank you GD!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a girlfriend who brings her placentas home and plants them under a new tree. That is then the child's special tree to look after once they are older. It's kind of sweet.
    Australian couple
    Parents to :4:2: Working with Dr Potter at HRC for our HT :or
    Cycle #1 IVF in Australia (MIVF) 2010, ER 22, 18 fertilized, 6 survived to day 2, 1 TF = Chemical. 5 frozen day 2 - poor quality
    Cycle #2 Aug 12 Dr Potter at HRC. ER 13, 10 mature, 9 fertilized, 8 to Day 3 PGD, 1 normal XX TF= BFN.
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/cycl...e-hrc-bfn.html
    Sperm frozen at HRC so I can cycle alone next time
    Cycle #3 December 12 Dr Potter HRC. Micro dose Lupron flare with GH. Preparation 12 weeks DHEA, acupuncture, chinese herbs, Metformin and extreme low carb diet. 11 eggs, 7 mature, 6 fertilized, 2 to day 5 Natera, both XY HB. NT :-(
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/cycl...ansfer-28.html
    Cycle #4March 13 Dr Potter HRC. Micro dose lupron Flare with Follistim 450iu & Menopur 300iu & Saizen GH. Continued acupuncture, chinese herbs, low carb diet, Metformin and DHEA. Added fertility yoga. 31 Eggs, 24 Mature, 18 fertilized, 10 to day 5 aCGH, 4 normal Hatched Blasts- 3 XY and 1 XX. TF day 6 fully HB. 7dpd6t BFP.
    Betas 7dpd6t = 134, 10dpd6t= 432, 12dpd6t = 713, 15dpd6t 2000
    Ultrasound planned 15th April

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nuthinbutpink View Post
    It's a placebo effect.
    There is a lot of research claiming otherwise. Not trying to persuade, it is just nice for those who might want to try. Animals not only eat it to hide from predators, but they also eat it to stay nourished and replace lost hormones until they feel well enough to eat or go hunting.

Research - Placenta Encapsulation

...After childbirth, a dramatic drop in hormones (estrogen and progesterone) in your body may contribute to postpartum depression. Other hormones produced by your thyroid gland also may drop sharply — which can leave you feeling tired, sluggish and depressed. Changes in your blood volume, blood pressure, immune system and metabolism can contribute to fatigue and mood swings...~Mayo clinic
    You & Your Hormones | Glands | Placenta
    Last edited by fairyfrog; December 13th, 2012 at 07:01 PM.
    Me (37) DH (37)
    Home schooling mom to (16) (12) (9) (5) (2)
    TTC June 2013

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This one is a little more humorous. The husband is more of the opinion of some of the ladies on here. Wish he would have done an update.

WARNING!!! Don't watch the video if you find placenta gross or are squeamish. Graphic! Shows lady washing the placenta.
    Afterbirth: It's What's For Dinner - TIME
    Me (37) DH (37)
    Home schooling mom to (16) (12) (9) (5) (2)
    TTC June 2013

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinss View Post
    I have heard of some people taking it home and burying it in their garden and planting a tree on it so it grows with the new baby. I guess they just put it in the freezer for you till you leave the hospital.
    Yes I have heard this as well!
    Mummy to DS10 who is the light of our world
    Swayed took us 8 cycle's and I'm finally

Please be a sticky little bean, we have wished and hoped for you for so long xo

Our family welcomed a in May 2013 and thats ok, we're head over heels in love with him and feel blessed to be honoured with 2 sons

January 2014 - A little surprise that went to heaven before we could meet

October 2014 - Officially swaying for one last little bundle and wishing and hoping its a pink one

April 2015 - All our dreams have miraculously come true, our sway worked and our family will be complete with the little girl joining us in October this year

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nuthinbutpink View Post

It's a placebo effect.

This!

Let's break it down.
    The only hormone it contains which *may* assist with PND is oxytocin, and this is what many people cite as the reason for placenta eating being a preventative measure for PND.
    So lets look at the chemical structure of this hormone.
    1. It cannot be absorbed through the digestive tract, so eating it will not make you body absorb it. It may be able to breach the blood brain barrier nasally, but even this is uncertain.
    2. The molecular makeup up of it means that it is susceptible to heat, so once you have steamed it, or cooked it in the oven, you will have destroyed the hormone....therefore rendering it useless.
    3. The lifespan of oxytocin is very short (minutes), ie its a hormone that is being constantly produced/excreted.
    Therefore even if it *could* be absorbed through the digestive tract, you'd pretty much have to eat it straight out of womb, fresh and warm then and there as soon as its delivered, but remembering that it can't be absorbed in the digestive tract (only nasally) means your still not going to get any of it back into your system....even if there was some way of achieving nasal absorption (snorting?) it would only live minutes, so it's affect, if any would be momentary.

As for the iron levels, your average multivitamin would contain higher levels then an encapsulated portion of placenta.

Our family welcomed a in May 2013 and thats ok, we're head over heels in love with him and feel blessed to be honoured with 2 sons

October 2014 - Officially swaying for one last little bundle and wishing and hoping its a pink one

April 2015 - All our dreams have miraculously come true, our sway worked and our family will be complete with the little girl joining us in October this year

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    LOL i just had the funniest conversation...

Me - Hey babe did you know some people eat their placenta?
    DP - Really?
    (he is playing xbox so i know he can hear me but is not really listening to what im saying)
    Me - Yeah so do you think we should eat mine? (trying my best not to crack up)
    DP - Whats a placenta?
    Me - Its the thing that comes out after the baby is born.
    DP - (he pauses the game and looks at me with a scrunched up nose) Isnt that full of baby poo?
    Me - I cant contain my laughter, i was crying i was laughing so much.
    DP - Some people are just F..... UP!

omg it was too funny!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinss View Post
    LOL i just had the funniest conversation...

Me - Hey babe did you know some people eat their placenta?
    DP - Really?
    (he is playing xbox so i know he can hear me but is not really listening to what im saying)
    Me - Yeah so do you think we should eat mine? (trying my best not to crack up)
    DP - Whats a placenta?
    Me - Its the thing that comes out after the baby is born.
    DP - (he pauses the game and looks at me with a scrunched up nose) Isnt that full of baby poo?
    Me - I cant contain my laughter, i was crying i was laughing so much.
    DP - Some people are just F..... UP!

omg it was too funny!
    Bahahaha...and you know I heard this said with Australian accents right? Hilarious!! LOL!!
    Proud mom of 3 sweet boys...
    and one BEAUTIFUL little girl!
    (Thanks Atomic!)

Guess my nub? LOL...

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ultr...guess-3-a.html

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh and I forgot to add that the average orgasm would release a higher dose and concentration of oxytocin then the residue oxytocin that would be found in the placenta.

Orgasm vs eating my placenta? I know what I'd choose!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast