Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Anyone going to eat their Placenta ????

I saw a lady talking about this in the chit chat lounge and she shared this link:

How to eat your placenta - BabyCenter

She said it helped her avoid postpartum depression.

Has anyone ever eaten their placenta or is anyone intending to ?

I really dont think i could - just looking through that article made me feel sick but it sure does seem to have some benefits !!
    Mummy to 3 gorgeous Boys and FINALLY our baby Girl
    Owen 2004
    Ellis 2006
    Liam 2009
    D Amy 2013

M/C Oct 2012 after 4 months trying

BFP again !! - Nov 2012 - Confirmed Twins at 6+5 then my dreams were crushed at 8+ weeks when one of our twins sadly died.

THANK YOU TO GENDER DREAMING FOR HELPING MAKE OUR DREAMS COME TRUE

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I dont think i will be doing that.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Most certainly not!

The human body really is a magnificent machine, if it NEEDED the placenta, then it would not be expelled, it would be re-absorbed by the body.
    The body expels what it doesn't need, everything that is biologically considered waste, our body expels.....urine, faeces, uterine lining monthly, phlegm, etc etc.
    With the biological makeup of mammals, it does not make sense that the body would expel something that it needs, or that is of any help, to me, eating placenta would fall into the same bracket as drinking my monthly period, or munching on my poo.
    Mummy to DS10 who is the light of our world
    Swayed took us 8 cycle's and I'm finally

Please be a sticky little bean, we have wished and hoped for you for so long xo

Our family welcomed a in May 2013 and thats ok, we're head over heels in love with him and feel blessed to be honoured with 2 sons

January 2014 - A little surprise that went to heaven before we could meet

October 2014 - Officially swaying for one last little bundle and wishing and hoping its a pink one

April 2015 - All our dreams have miraculously come true, our sway worked and our family will be complete with the little girl joining us in October this year

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No.
    Age 7 5 MC May 2012 BFP June 2012 My ~*Princess*~ is now 3 yrs old! MC May 2015 Chemical June 2015
    DS#3 Arrived in April
    I love my Rainbow Baby with all my , She took a year to conceive! Thank you GD!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    And yes I know some mammals eat there placenta, but most mammals, especially in the wild, will instinctively eat anything that's remotely edible because they never know where they get their next meal from.
    Mummy to DS10 who is the light of our world
    Swayed took us 8 cycle's and I'm finally

Please be a sticky little bean, we have wished and hoped for you for so long xo

Our family welcomed a in May 2013 and thats ok, we're head over heels in love with him and feel blessed to be honoured with 2 sons

January 2014 - A little surprise that went to heaven before we could meet

October 2014 - Officially swaying for one last little bundle and wishing and hoping its a pink one

April 2015 - All our dreams have miraculously come true, our sway worked and our family will be complete with the little girl joining us in October this year

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    oh gosh I feel a littl blagh thinking about that, Ive heard you can get tablets made of it (not sure if thats right or not) but no I think Lassie summed it up perfectly for me, if I was meant to have it then surely the body would make a way of reabsorbing it rather then expelling.
    2006 (5) (3) & cautiously expecting a beautiful baby in May

Baby Annabelle Clare arrived safely into the world 10th May 2013 - Let the fun begin!!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No way. It may be for some people and fair play to them but it wouldn't be for me.

We feel blessed and happy that our family is complete.

Mammy to two angels in heaven.You will always be missed and loved.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Lassie1982 View Post
    And yes I know some mammals eat there placenta, but most mammals, especially in the wild, will instinctively eat anything that's remotely edible because they never know where they get their next meal from.
    Yep and also to prevent other predators getting a whiff of it and coming to investigate.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Er I was thinking of a lotus birth but my husband wasn't on board! Eating it is a hard for me to swallow. I know many cultures still consume it though. Each to there own!
    Hoping for a pink rainbow!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, I ate it to prevent PPD. It was a great success. I will eat it again with my next birth.

The body expels what it doesn't need, everything that is biologically considered waste, our body expels.....urine, faeces, uterine lining monthly, phlegm, etc etc.
    Your body excretes breast milk...that is not waste.

Some have it dehydrated ground up and put in capsules. In Japan you can actually by it at the local food mart/drugstore.

I personally cut mine into 7 pieces and blended (vita-mix is awesome for this) it with a strawberry smoothie once a day for 7 days. No taste or after taste. It tasted like strawberry smoothie. I did this with my fifth child after having severe PPD with my other 4. I was willing to try anything! I did it and My baby and I avoided PPD and the side affects of antidepressants!

http://www.birthrites.org/placent.html

http://placentabenefits.info/

http://www.moondragon.org/parenting/...alrituals.html
    Last edited by fairyfrog; December 13th, 2012 at 07:43 AM.
    Me (37) DH (37)
    Home schooling mom to (16) (12) (9) (5) (2)
    TTC June 2013

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast