Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Early Gender Scan? To pay or not to pay...that is the question

Ok, ladies. The suspense is driving me crazy, waiting another 7 weeks for my 20 week scan sounds like torture. I swore I wouldn't obsess during my 12 week scan but I caught a glimpse of the nub and thought "oh my gosh, that might be girly." Then I asked the tech where my placenta was and she said "anterior left side". I realize that Ramzi's theory can only be applied between 6-8 weeks gestation but I can't help but gather hope from having a left-sided placenta. Until my 12 week scan, I'd been functioning from the assumption that this is a boy and I'll need to be ok with that. Now that I've allowed myself a smidge of hope, I feel like I'm in a tailspin and need to be put out of my misery. I've tried to explain to my DH but he doesnt' get it. He says there's no point in crossing the border to another country (USA) to pay for a scan we're going to get for free a few weeks later. Why can't I just be patient?, he asks. He says that getting the early scan won't change the outcome, he thinks I should just relax and enjoy my pregnancy. But I'm not enjoying the suspense, it was better before I thought I saw things on my last scan. I allmost wish I hadn't looked, then I'd still be blissfully ignorant. The other reason I'd like to know early, is that when I hit the 18 week mark, people will start asking when my scan is. I'd like to have a couple of weeks to wrap my head around the result before people start pestering me about my gender scan. What do you guys think? DH says if it's important to me, he'll go along with it. What do you guys think? Should I just relax and leave well enough alone? Or should I end the tortuous wait and pay for the scan? Are they even reliable at, say, 15 weeks?

Help!
    2008, 2011, swayed for a and happily welcomed a ! Margot was born on June 28/2013! She's perfect and our family is complete!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Tough decision eh! I had a scan booked for around 15 weeks and decided to cancel. First reason being if was a bit if a drive for me. Secondly, I started wondering you know what if they say girl and I get my hopes up only to hear the opposite at 20. I started to second guess knowing so early. So I cancelled! Some days I wish I had still gone for that scan but others I'm glad I'm waiting till I feel totally comfortable with knowing its a 100% fact. I'm not sure the reliability rates at 15 weeks but I knew I'd just be doubting the whole time anyway so wasn't quite worth the drive/money for me!!!!
    June 21 2011 - Ryder
    May 22 2013 - Hudson

Our family is now complete - no more babies for us. We didn't get our girl but I wouldn't trade my boys for the world, so in love.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ps! I know we're both from the same region in ON. Where did you find that would do the 15 week scan??? Only place I could find was Niagara Falls! Being east of the GTA it was a little road trip hehe. You'd cross to the states??
    June 21 2011 - Ryder
    May 22 2013 - Hudson

Our family is now complete - no more babies for us. We didn't get our girl but I wouldn't trade my boys for the world, so in love.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Really? I'm in Ontario also and with my third I was going to pay for a gender scan and there was a place in Toronto area that would do it... And the uc baby by my house was going to do it a 15 weeks cause I called and they booked the apt which I later cancelled
    ( 2004) ( 2006) (2011 )

Aug 27th 2013

Make a pregnancy ticker

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Wanting-a-girl View Post
    Really? I'm in Ontario also and with my third I was going to pay for a gender scan and there was a place in Toronto area that would do it... And the uc baby by my house was going to do it a 15 weeks cause I called and they booked the apt which I later cancelled
    Since the CBC report on early gender ultrasounds in June, no where in Toronto will take you before 19-20 weeks. I called every single place possible in the GTA.
    June 21 2011 - Ryder
    May 22 2013 - Hudson

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, I found a website for a place in Tonawanda, NY called "Baby's Bungalow". The tech there states that she has 15 years of experience and claims a 100% accuracy rate in early gender determination. It's very tempting to just go and get this over with. I know what you mean though, you make a very good point. What if she says 'girl' at 15 weeks and I'm ecstatic only to hear boy at the regular 20 week anatomy scan....eeeeek. I don't know what to do, CVD! I'm so torn
    2008, 2011, swayed for a and happily welcomed a ! Margot was born on June 28/2013! She's perfect and our family is complete!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That happend to my cousin just opposite way around she was told boy early and it was a girl
    ( 2004) ( 2006) (2011 )

Aug 27th 2013

Make a pregnancy ticker

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadis View Post
    Yeah, I found a website for a place in Tonawanda, NY called "Baby's Bungalow". The tech there states that she has 15 years of experience and claims a 100% accuracy rate in early gender determination. It's very tempting to just go and get this over with. I know what you mean though, you make a very good point. What if she says 'girl' at 15 weeks and I'm ecstatic only to hear boy at the regular 20 week anatomy scan....eeeeek. I don't know what to do, CVD! I'm so torn
    Is that far for you?? Her accuracy rate sounds promising lol with that kinda info I'd be tempted for sure! We're also paying for our scan at 18.5 weeks because our hospital scan has 60% success rate here. TERRIBLE. The guy shouldn't guess if he doesn't know. So DH didn't like paying for 2 scans in 4 weeks! Eek. I dunno what to say. The 100% success is very appealing. If I lived closer and was 15 weeks I'd prob do it to be honest hehehe
    June 21 2011 - Ryder
    May 22 2013 - Hudson

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Would you guys let the left-sided placenta give you any hope, or would you dismiss it? I can't find anything definitive to read! I wish I could find Ramzi's phone #, I swear to God I'd call him right now. It's only the placenta thing that's driving me to the brink of insanity.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by cvd View Post
    Is that far for you?? Her accuracy rate sounds promising lol with that kinda info I'd be tempted for sure! We're also paying for our scan at 18.5 weeks because our hospital scan has 60% success rate here. TERRIBLE. The guy shouldn't guess if he doesn't know. So DH didn't like paying for 2 scans in 4 weeks! Eek. I dunno what to say. The 100% success is very appealing. If I lived closer and was 15 weeks I'd prob do it to be honest hehehe
    No, it's not too far. Only about an hour but crossing the border is always a headache, eh?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast