Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Names!

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My husband and I have a set routine for choosing names; we've been pregnant so many times now that we just keep an on-going list of baby names (especially boy names) saved. Whenever we hear a name that we really like, we add it to the list. When we're pregnant, and after we've found out the sex of the baby, we slowly start mentioning our favorites here and there. Once we get close to the birth, we make a very short list of all the ones we like best (which we don't share with anyone else). Once baby is born, we spend a day or two deciding which of the names best fits him/her. Then we announce it to family and friends.

Sometimes we're surprised how a name we really like doesn't end up seeming right for a baby once we've met and gotten to know him/her a little. It's funny!
    Last edited by aroundtheworld; January 2nd, 2013 at 03:26 PM.
    Certified Labor Doula and Part-time Photographer
    Delighted Wife and Mama to (10) (8) (5) (3)

My identical twin girls were born at home on 6/13/13!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by aroundtheworld View Post
    I absolutely LOVE the name Charlie. I actually have a really special chicken (a hen) that is my sidekick and I named her Charlie Apple. I'm quirky like that, but does it ever fit her!
    Awww you have a chicken! I want a pet duck but DH keeps telling me no.... One day he will come home to a duck lol I would also really like one of the micro mini pigs!
    ( 2004) ( 2006) (2011 )

Aug 27th 2013

Make a pregnancy ticker

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiggerian View Post
    Samuel Theodore? Charles Theodore?
    Those are possibilities. I have used middle names that were significant for my other boys (either family names, or one is after my favorite musician), so I would like to continue that trend and Theodore has no significance for us other than I like it. We'll see.
    2004 2007 2010

It's a boy! Due 7/8/2013

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, I have a special chicken. She's my girl. We have 4 others as well, and that's down from 25 total. But the hens we have currently are our egg layers, the others were meat chickens that we grew and butchered. They had zero personality (we called then "zombie chickens"), unlike our hens.

We've been talking about getting ducks. But they wouldn't be pets... they'd be to eat. Rabbits too. And we are definitely in the market for a couple of goats for milk/cheese/butter! I can't wait for that.
    Certified Labor Doula and Part-time Photographer
    Delighted Wife and Mama to (10) (8) (5) (3)

My identical twin girls were born at home on 6/13/13!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a neice named aubrey ( i guess the boy spelling lol) so I'd have to say that's a lil fem for me personally for a boy I like austin.asher, and other ones suggested
    Its A Girl!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We're actually coming around to Auden a bit more, we seem to get good feedback. I also have added Maverick to my list! but DH doesn't like it because at Cedar Point in Ohio, "Maverick" is the name of my favourite roller coaster! But that's not the way I came about it or think of it hehe!
    June 21 2011 - Ryder
    May 22 2013 - Hudson

Our family is now complete - no more babies for us. We didn't get our girl but I wouldn't trade my boys for the world, so in love.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Wanting-a-girl View Post
    Awww you have a chicken! I want a pet duck but DH keeps telling me no.... One day he will come home to a duck lol I would also really like one of the micro mini pigs!
    Sorry to take over the name thread, but had to say that I LOVE PIGS!!! I've wanted one since I was 16. My dh may be surprised when he comes home one day too. lol
    (9) (6) (5) (3) (1)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123