Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We will begin soon. I'm creeping up on 19 weeks, so I think it's about time to get started. We will definitely be having a couple of baby showers this go-around, so getting and organizing everything will come little bits at a time. We've already begun buying double of each item of clothing (I have almost no clothes left from when my 9 year old daughter was a baby) and various other items. I want to begin on the nursery, but we have to move our 3 year old son out of the room he sleeps in (which will be the babies' room) and into a room with his older brother first. We plan to do that this weekend. We'll probably paint in the next few weeks and start decorating. I've never had a really cute nursery before, so I'm excited to get started!
    Certified Labor Doula and Part-time Photographer
    Delighted Wife and Mama to (10) (8) (5) (3)

My identical twin girls were born at home on 6/13/13!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    don't have nursery or crib and just need to wash cloth diapers and what baby clothes I kept from big brother so I would do that in the 3rd trimester probably when I started gettign hb supplies and everything together
    Its A Girl!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Uggh I have been putting the thought of this off for a while now. Mainly because we don't know if the baby is a boy or girl yet. That will determine the sleeping arrangements later on. Also we are big into baby showers so I know I will either have to get rid of a bunch of boy stuff (if baby #2 is a girl) or wash a whole bunch of boy stuff (if baby #2 is a boy). So much to think about so little time, lol. I find out next Tuesday and then I am going to hit the ground running...promise, lol.
    Mommy to a darling 2 year old
    Expecting a in June 2013

Make a pregnancy ticker

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    considering our small bedroom, which we use a a nursery has been used as a storage room since we moved DD into one of the bigger bedrooms so she has more space for her toys and clothes. We would want to get started pretty soon. We have the main things furniture wise and we do a pass it on around the family for baby clothes that gets added to with each new arrival, so I currently have no baby clothes in the house ( except for one really cute red, gray and white pooh bear newborn set that I couldn't resist). I should be getting the clothes back in March/April some time. I am also knitting a white baby cardigan at the min for the 1st clothes in the labour bag.

I have a need for everything to be ready early this time. I have already started gathering bits and pieces together for my labour bag. With DD I had the nursery furniture delivered a week before my due date and wasn't concerned by that at all.
    DD Christmas 2010

DS Sucessful Boy Sway July 2013

DD2: Sucessful Girl Sway March 1st 2016

Thank you atomic & gender dreaming. Feeling so blessed to have had 2 sucessful sways. We would love one more to complete our family and our fingers are crossed for blue

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Am I the only one that will start at 36 weeks? Amywhere before that the baby won't come home with me anyway so I'll have a few days to prepare if needed.
    This is baby number 4. Have learnt by now all they need is a place to sleep, something on their bum and a few clothes.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    RKT Mama my original plans were to move my oldest downstairs and give the baby his room,but we have since then decided not to do that so that I can prepare a room downstairs so i can babysit instead of go back to work so now we don't have a room to prepare at all. My sister is driving me CRAZY trying to get me to go shopping and even picked out cars eats and tagged them to my FB. I told her the other day that I am not even thinking about shopping until May (baby due in June) so she would leave me alone and at this point that is my plan. I agree that you don't need much. up until the week before ds3 was born we only had a baby bath and a playpen and then I bought a car seat when the dr told me I was dilated to 3cm. When we brought him home that is all we had. I didn't even buy diapers because ds2 never wore a newborn size because he was huge and I didn't want to buy the wrong size. Right now we have 2 playpens and a crib and probably won't purchase anything for quite awhile.
    200120042007June 24, 2013

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Glad I'm not the only one not preparing my nursery

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm working on my fifth (and sixth!) child and while I certainly understand that babies don't need a nursery, decorations, etc, many of us are just happy and excited to have the opportunity to be creative and prepare a space for baby that is special. It's all about personal preference.
    Certified Labor Doula and Part-time Photographer
    Delighted Wife and Mama to (10) (8) (5) (3)

My identical twin girls were born at home on 6/13/13!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    my kids have been 10+lbs. and over and still fit in nb diapers for a lil while how big were yours lol.
    Its A Girl!!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ds1 was 8 lb 1 oz. he's wore NB for awhile. Ds2 was 8lb 9oz. They put one one him when he was born then brought in size 1 because they were really tight. Ds3 was 8lb 15.3 oz and they tried one but it was too small so they put the size ones on instead. With the exception of ds2 my boys were all pretty short though ds3 was only 19.5 inches. He was soooo chubby.
    200120042007June 24, 2013

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast