Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow! Congrats! Why would your midwife not order any ultrasounds...this very reason seems like from a medical standpoint, one should be aware of the situation. This puts you into a different category of higher risk so I would think she may want to be aware and you too!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    huge congrats....what brilliant news!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    congratulations!! you're so lucky

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    congratualtions!!! is this a hb midwife? are you still going to be able to deliver at home if so? I am happy that my mw has done many twins before but I know not all states allow it or mw do it. I hope so fx for you. were you having any super extra symptoms or just reg. prego like your previous ones? guess I'll tell my mw if she finds one hb to keep checking for another jic lol as we don't do sonograms
    Its A Girl!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Am so incredibly pleased for you and i hope i dont bring a downer on it when i say your post made me cry - you have just been given my dream and it did make me cry probably because my dream was taken from me but honestly I am so so pleased for you. Youhave been truly blessed. Cngratulations
    Mummy to 3 gorgeous Boys and FINALLY our baby Girl
    Owen 2004
    Ellis 2006
    Liam 2009
    D Amy 2013

M/C Oct 2012 after 4 months trying

BFP again !! - Nov 2012 - Confirmed Twins at 6+5 then my dreams were crushed at 8+ weeks when one of our twins sadly died.

THANK YOU TO GENDER DREAMING FOR HELPING MAKE OUR DREAMS COME TRUE

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly Spirit View Post
    Are you guys going to do a gender reveal party your family? It would be funny if you brought out a box with a 'Just Kidding' reveal.. and then say here's the real result.. and then go crazy with that one..

Or bring out 2 wrapped boxes and act clueless and then unwrap them for the outside of the box to say: Baby A and Baby B

Or just one box to unwrap saying "WE Are Both Girls!"

Ahh I can think of many fun ways to reveal twins!
    Well, I have wanted to do a gender reveal very much, but we live 3 hours away from my family/friends and now that we know we're having twins, we honestly really need a baby shower or two. I do have a little girl who is 9 years old, but I only have a single small box of clothes from when she was young (I only kept my favorites), so not only do I need girl clothes, but I need DOUBLE the girl clothes! Not to mention double of a few others items. So, knowing this, I simply can't have all of these parties... and expect my family/friends to be able to attend them all. And, honestly, it'd be a strain for us to have to make our way 3 hours south that many times within the next few months. Does that make sense?

As an alternative, DH and I have decided we'll do a couple of mini reveals. My sister is throwing me a 30th birthday party in 3 weeks and I plan to tell my friends at the party. We'll also be getting together for lunch or dinner with mine and my husband's families while down for the weekend, and we'll do a little reveal with them too. We've decided to do it this way:

Take a pool of what everyone thinks the gender of our baby is. Afterward, we'll hand each person a filled blue or pink balloon (according to what they think "baby" is) and a safety pin, explaining, "Each balloon has a small slip of folded paper inside. Inside the paper will be a pink or blue heart sticker. When you pop the balloon, open the paper to reveal if we're having a girl or a boy."

Instead of a single heart, they'll see two pink, identical hearts with "#1" and "#2" written inside them.

I think it'll be a shock and a fantastic surprise!
    Last edited by aroundtheworld; January 13th, 2013 at 02:49 PM.
    Certified Labor Doula and Part-time Photographer
    Delighted Wife and Mama to (10) (8) (5) (3)

My identical twin girls were born at home on 6/13/13!

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nuthinbutpink View Post
    Wow! Congrats! Why would your midwife not order any ultrasounds...this very reason seems like from a medical standpoint, one should be aware of the situation. This puts you into a different category of higher risk so I would think she may want to be aware and you too!
    Many midwives do not order sonograms. There is much question with many people as to their safety. And, eventually, I think twins kind of reveal themselves during exams and what not.

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I currently reside in a state where, unfortunately, it's illegal for licensed midwives to attend twin homebirths. However, there are ways around this without technically breaking the law. I will just say that everything is under control. We are weighing our options, but I believe that I will still have the opportunity to deliver in A home, if not MY home.

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mum23boys View Post
    Am so incredibly pleased for you and i hope i dont bring a downer on it when i say your post made me cry - you have just been given my dream and it did make me cry probably because my dream was taken from me but honestly I am so so pleased for you. Youhave been truly blessed. Cngratulations
    It is not a downer. I absolutely cannot fault you in any way for feeling how you do. And I do not want my posts to hurt you. I care very much about your situation and I want to be sensitive to your feelings.

Thank you very much for the congratulations. It means a lot.

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ultrasound images of my girls! Ack, I love saying that!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast