Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

I had my gender ultrasound today...

I walked into the sonogram room, laid down on the table, the tech put the wand up to my stomach and as an image appeared on the screen, my first reaction was, "Something is different." She immediately proclaimed, "Do you see what I'm seeing??" I said, "What?" She replied, "There are two!" I said, "Oh my gosh... there are two! Those are TWINS! I'm having TWINS!" I started bawling- I couldn't help it. She left the room to "give me a minute" and I continued to cry and then laugh hysterically! My husband was in quiet shock. haha

We'd told the tech prior to the sonogram that we wanted her to write down the gender and put it into the envelope we'd given to her, then we'd open it later at home. We've done this with every child at every sonogram. She had us cover our eyes while she determined the sexes, then we resumed watching the babies on screen. I started questioning her about how techs can tell if twins are identical or fraternal... then I realized I shouldn't ask that so that I didn't get any clues. But she went ahead and pointed out the membrane on screen and said, "Do you see this? See how it's wispy? That's a good indicator that the twins are identical." So, of course, at that point I knew that both babies were the same sex. Right after this, my son Jasper said, "I bet they're both boys". Out of the corner of my eye, I saw the tech smile really big. In my mind, that confirmed to me that I was carrying two boys. I was a little sad, but how can one truly be disappointed when having two babies!

When we got home this evening, my husband and I were sitting on the couch and I told him I was opening the envelope that contained the babies' genders because I couldn't stand it anymore. I slipped out the folded piece of paper and this is what it said:

"Baby A and Baby B...

We are both GIRLS!!"

Talk about the most insanely glorious shock of my entire life! I am having twin girls! This is a fairy tale even I couldn't have conjured up on my own. I'm so happy I don't know what to do with myself... I just keep randomly blurting out, "Oh my gosh!" They appear healthy and are measuring close together and on time with my due date. I am on cloud 9 like never before! Praise God Almighty for such a blessing!
    Last edited by aroundtheworld; January 12th, 2013 at 10:26 PM.
    Certified Labor Doula and Part-time Photographer
    Delighted Wife and Mama to (10) (8) (5) (3)

My identical twin girls were born at home on 6/13/13!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congratulations!! What a great surprise.
    200120042007June 24, 2013

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    OMG! That's amazing...what an incredible story. A million congrats to you!
    2008, 2011, swayed for a and happily welcomed a ! Margot was born on June 28/2013! She's perfect and our family is complete!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What a great and wonderful surprise. Did you have an ultrasound earlier than todays? I would be over the moon if I were you!! Congrats and hope they are healthy!!
    Love my (2006) (2009) (2013) (2014)

THANK YOU GENDER DREAMING!!!!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Omg! So happy for you! Congrats on ur little girls
    ( 2004) ( 2006) (2011 )

Aug 27th 2013

Make a pregnancy ticker

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks y'all! No, I had not had an US prior to today. As a matter of fact, we wouldn't have had one at all this pregnancy if we hadn't have opted to do one on our own, purely for the purpose of gender reveal (my midwife would not have ordered one). Ha!
    Certified Labor Doula and Part-time Photographer
    Delighted Wife and Mama to (10) (8) (5) (3)

My identical twin girls were born at home on 6/13/13!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This is such a cool post, i am smiling ear to ear for you, wow what a great experience, you deserve it! Congrats on the TWIN GIRLS oh my gosh!!!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by aroundtheworld View Post
    Thanks y'all! No, I had not had an US prior to today. As a matter of fact, we wouldn't have had one at all this pregnancy if we hadn't have opted to do one on our own, purely for the purpose of gender reveal (my midwife would not have ordered one). Ha!
    Well your midwife would have had quite a surprise at delivery!! Congrats again on your wonderful surprise!!
    Love my (2006) (2009) (2013) (2014)

THANK YOU GENDER DREAMING!!!!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh my goodness. This is the best post ever! So flipping wonderful. A huge congratulations to both you and hubby.
    2005 2007 2011 2013

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So cool! What a dream come true for you! Did you sway at all or was it just a fluke and twins?!?

Had my first and only little girl Emmerson oct 19,2014 right on her due date!
    Hoping I stop calling her 'little dude, bud' and him real soon

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast