Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 3 Days Left...

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am so sorry!! I am in your exact same position only I haven't told ANYONE that I am PG. I am so fearful of what people will say that I feel like I need to deal with it myself first. I had bad GD with my DS2. I had to BEG my DH for a third and he made me promise that I wouldn't want a 4th baby if this is a boy. I was planning on swaying and then... BFP. I have already convinced myself that this baby is a boy and I am bracing myself for the disappointment and the comments from friends and family. I really do feel for you however, the women on here are great and make me feel more "normal" about the way I feel... especially when DH is ready to commit me because of my GD... he really doesn't get it at all!! GL to you and let us all know either way. The women on here are very supportive!!
    Love my (2006) (2009) (2013) (2014)

THANK YOU GENDER DREAMING!!!!!

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by jennaesue View Post
    Thanks! I am really thinking it's a fourth boy for me at this point. We'll see in about 4 weeks!

I think I am going to ask the tech to show me the gender bits and let me look for myself. I would rather just see boy parts than to have to hear "it's a boy." If I think it is a boy, I'll say "it's a boy, right?" and then have her confirm or deny, lol. I don't know why, but I feel better about figuring it out for myself and not having her make some grand announcement.
    I still have my fingers crossed for you, but more importantly I hope that you are at peace if you hear boy (of course healthy too, but that's a given). I feel the same way as you. I don't want to be waiting for her to tell me as I don't want her to be waiting for my reaction after she says "it's a...". I'm sincerely hoping that if I see a boy, I'll be excited and ask without being sad.

I'm Bee

(DS1-5 yrs)
    (DS2-10 mos)
    with our

Due June 15th!

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorz300 View Post
    I wish I had the magic potion to take the GD away from all of us! I worked really hard at trying to be ok with another boy and I even "think" I am finally at a place where I can say I will be fine with 4 boys, but I worry that it might be easier said than done, I may not be as ready as I think I am to have a 4th boy. I too wonder if I should just wait to find out the gender. If you do decide to wait, I would just look away during the scan. With my last baby, I wanted to wait, but as soon as the tech put the wand on my belly, I saw his boy parts staring right at me!!! LOL so I really didn't even get the choice to wait, I didn't mean to find out!!
    I'm so sorry for your pain, there are not a lot of people in our lives who truly understand what we go through with GD
    I totally agree with you....I wish that GD didn't even exist for any of us. I wish we could all get what we want. I really did want to wait, but I especially can't listen to sooo many people saying that I'm having a girl. Last time, I was so upset when everyone kept saying boy....this time I am just the opposite. I don't want that false hope.

When will you find out if you decide to?

I'm Bee

(DS1-5 yrs)
    (DS2-10 mos)
    with our

Due June 15th!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just a short reply as I've been up a lot overnight with a sick toddler, but just wanted to say welcome. Come over the the due date thread if you like. Hope all goes well with your scan and there are so many is the same position as you or that have been exactly were you are and understand. Lots of hugs at this uncertain time.
    2005 2007 2011 2013

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by EmmyRoo View Post
    I just know this will be a boy, I believe swaying works but I don't think it has for me, I didn't lower testosterone enough and frankly, I can't see myself being lucky enough to be blessed, not only with a third healthy baby, but also my DG. The thought of the scan sends my heart rate sky high though, I am dreading that moment so much I'm almost forgetting to worry about it being healthy! It's a horrible thing GD, I wish none of us had to go through it. I really hope you hear girl on Friday, but if not, you're not alone.
    X
    It is a horrible thing, but I know that all of us ladies want our babies to be healthy. We might not worry about it, but that's because our other issues take front row. I will never know if a sway would have helped us. I do know that I o'ed in a new moon phase, hubs and I had just gotten engaged in August and I had been newly accepted to a nursing program, so I was blissful and calm (for once lol). I was eating the same as normal and I know that diet is a huge factor in swaying. We weren't trying. I think that's the biggest thing in my favor. TTC makes me bat-shit crazy.

I do feel the same way, you and DH will need time to come to terms with it yourself without the rest of the rude freaking world butting in. I hope you hear girl too.

I'm Bee

(DS1-5 yrs)
    (DS2-10 mos)
    with our

Due June 15th!

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadis View Post
    Oh ladies, I connect so much with each of your comments. Mommabee, I'm right there with you. I've got 2 boys and am aching for a daughter. My gender scan is TOMORROW and my stomach has been in a knot all day. I'm not sure I'll get much sleep tonight because tomorrow feels like doomsday for me. Once I know that this is a boy, I can't unknow it. Having my last shred of hope dashed will hurt so bad. This is our last baby and our last shot for the daughter I feel I need to fill this gap in my heart. My DH doesn't get it, he's just excited to find out and he's not fussed whether it's a boy or girl. Of course, he says he'd like a girl for my benefit but he doesn't relate to the ache I feel.

Tomorrow afternoon, I'll be asking the tech to write the gender in an envelope and include a potty shot for me to take in with my own eyes. I just know that I will fall to pieces if it's a boy and I'd like to do that in the privacy of my own home, not a clinic. I know that waiting until the birth won't change the outcome and I think it's better for me to have the time to process the news before he's in my arms. Still, I'm terrified. I'm sorry I don't have any advice for you, Mommabee, but I totally get it.
    The potty shot w/ the announcement sounds like a good idea too. I imagine you must be soo nervous right now. I am pretty nervous/anxious/whatever and I still have two days left. I totally get what you're saying...completely. Hubs doesn't understand this for me either. He'd like a daughter, sure, but he doesn't feel so strongly about it. If he shed a tear, it would be for me and not for the daughter he won't have. I completely get the ache you're talking about...I've always wanted a daughter and now it's like...oh man, I might not get one. THEN what?

I'm really hoping you hear girl tomorrow...I'll be stalking! What time is your appt?

I'm Bee

(DS1-5 yrs)
    (DS2-10 mos)
    with our

Due June 15th!

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wantingpink- Yeah, I can't believe that I didn't get a chance to sway either. Our surprise came a couple years too early. lol. I hope we both hear girl...ups our chances of our OH's NOT committing us LOL! (mine has flat out said he thinks I need therapy...but just because he doesn't understand it doesn't make it abnormal, per say.)

Violet- Thanks for the welcome! I will be joining the roll call thread. I hope your LO is feeling better soon. It sucks when they are sick, the flu JUST finished making its rounds here. Ugh.

Mommyof3boys- I worried about waiting until birth. It was bad enough that I checked my last boy right after I had him... "just to make sure" although I had had 3 ultrasounds to confirm his gender. It's those small memories that hurt. Moments when I should have been basking in having delivered my child and instead I am making sure that they weren't wrong. Sigh. Like you, I tell everyone that I think it's a boy- I had a dream this one was a girl and instead I posted that I had a dream that it was a boy. I feel like a fake, but I want them to think I'm getting what I want for once. Or maybe I'm fooling no one but myself. Team green is awesome though, such a great surprise (and hopefully PINK surprise for you!).

Sorry I got tired of trying to respond to everyone individually. =)

But thanks to everyone for all the support. I feel so welcomed here. I really, really appreciate it. it's so nice to be understood.

I'm Bee

(DS1-5 yrs)
    (DS2-10 mos)
    with our

Due June 15th!

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I found number 3 hard.....but i was so convinced she was a boy i think gd would have been worse at birth...40 weeks is a long way to go when your convinced it the opposite gender x
    due 25th june
    in shock both blue sways worked!!!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Not long to go now Mommabee!!! Only 1 day to go Hope you hear PINK!!! x
    1 2010 April
    2 2011 April
    due 2013 July

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Omg, I know! 2nd night in a row I've had intense dreams that wake me up. Tonight, this girl I know who has two boys (and aborted a third after finding out the sex) was there, as well as, my ex best friend, who had a daughter 2 wks after I had my littlest. All 3 of us were pregnant. The girl who has 2 boys kept saying 'i dont care what it is...I'm happy with my boys' and my old friend kept patting her stomach without saying a wrd about the gender of her baby.

Don't know what it means...probably just my subconscious all a flutter with this extra stuff. I'm not exactly stressed...more like nervous, anxious, excited....all at once. Lol. I am so ready to know.

Thanks! Hoping I get a pink one too

Nearlydone- Yea, totally agree. For me, I dont want to keep the hope alive for too long. I'd be crushed, I think too. But going green seemed like a good idea at first. Perfect cover though! This is my first preg that tons of people arent all dying to know immediately!

I'm Bee

(DS1-5 yrs)
    (DS2-10 mos)
    with our

Due June 15th!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast