Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by inshaallahxx View Post
    Did you sway if you don't mind me asking?
    I did the LE diet from July till BFP in October.
    due July 2013

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice! GL on everything.

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm glad you made a decision you are happy with and that you had a good experience at your ultrasound! I'm a little bummed out not to get to hear what you are having, though. Maybe you could send that envelope over here and I'll hold on to it for you.
    2004 2007 2010

It's a boy! Due 7/8/2013

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    hey thats a good idea jenna!

I've always wondered when you ask the techs to write it down if they do or if they'd be tempted to write something like "you don't really want to know, wait a few more weeks and have a great suprise!"

or you'd be really gutted if you opened it and it said

"sorry babe in a bad position - unknown"
    Me, DH, the three musketers:

DS1

DS2

DS3

And our little princess

By the grace of god our precious little girl joined our family, hoping and praying for many happy years together

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm glad your scan went well. Wow I really admire your patience. I wouldn't have even got to the car without ripping open that envelope x

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You have the answer in an envelope and haven't opened it... That is incredible will power! And very exciting! Do let us know when you open it. Glad your scan went well and was happy!!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Glad you enjoyed your scan! I am also almost set on not finding out when we do eventually get our bfp. I did find out with DS 1 and I really didn't get to savor my pregnancy OR the first few weeks of his life as much due to GD. I hadn't realized how much I had wanted a girl until I found out at 14 weeks that he was a boy, and then I spent the rest of the pregnancy and the first few weeks worried about how I was ever going to cope with raising a boy. It did kind of ruin the pregnancy for me. Once he started to get some personality, though, and I just loved him for who he was, and now I know I needn't have caused myself so much anxiety over something that was not nearly as bad as I had feared.

Now that I know I LOVE little boys (!!) I think my only disappointment would be missing out on not having a girl. I know for sure I will love the new little one right away when s/he is born, so I'm going to try to stay team green. I tend to process my disappointment in advance so I will mentally prepare myself during the pregnancy to have either gender.

Anyway, I don't know if this helps you much, but if you are like me and tend to get more anxious about things before they are upon me than after they have arrived, I think staying team green will be good. I only prolonged my disappointment by finding out so far in advance. Once the moment arrived, I was able to rise to the occasion.
    DS is nearly 3 yo. Swayed for a , but we are absolutely delighted to be welcoming a , sweet little brother for DS.
    Jan: started LE diet. Feb & March: BFNs. Chemical in April.
    May: Appendicitis at 9dpo; hospital blood test was BFN.
    Absolutely shocked by a BFP after I got home from the appendectomy. Luckily, the pregnancy was not affected in any way by this early experience. He's a healthy, robust little one!

My Ovulation Chart
    for bfp cycle

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had dd3 in an envelope....only managed about 5 mins after leaving tho lol
    due 25th june
    in shock both blue sways worked!!!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Jenna, Mrsp, 5boys and Nearly you all made me laugh! Envelope definitely still intact and I feel so much happier now. It's like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders knowing I could find out if I have to but just enjoying looking at my scan pic and feeling happy LO is ok. Especially as I was in hospital before Christmas hooked up to a drip on all kinds of drugs for a while. One of the infections I had completely burned off my stomach lining so I had to live on porridge and dry toast for 6 weeks all over Christmas till it grew back but baby is doing great!!! The tech said he had definitely identified the gender so it's sitting at the bottom of my drawer ready for a rainy day. When I open it you guys will be the first to know after DH of course!
    due July 2013

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Niva
    Anyway, I don't know if this helps you much, but if you are like me and tend to get more anxious about things before they are upon me than after they have arrived, I think staying team green will be good. I only prolonged my disappointment by finding out so far in advance. Once the moment arrived, I was able to rise to the occasion.
    It did help thank you. I spent the last 8 weeks driving myself nuts worrying about how I would react and I realised I'd rather just enjoy this pregnancy as it is my last. I know I would enjoy it more if I knew girl for definite but I weighed it up and like you say if it does turn out blue I thought it would be worse for me to prolong the disappointment. Though I've convinced myself the pic has a girly head so hopefully not setting myself up for a big fall.
    due July 2013

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast