Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Laptop, camera, old underwear, sweatpants, pump, ipod, baby clothes, insurance cards, toothbrush, hair brush, some make-up so I can feel prettier afterward, haha. That's about it....

I don't ever pack a bag really ahead of time...starting at 38 weeks I kind of set what I would need by the bag at night, make sure things are charged etc. So it's a grab and go or if I had an emergency someone would be able to come home and get it all for me and it's easy to find in one spot. I will throw the clothes in a bag and the pump but that's about it. You can't pack your toothbrush and such ahead of time!
    DS 1 2008
    DS 2 2010
    DS 3 2013

May 2014 at 5 weeks

August 2014 at 12 weeks

DD1 our beautiful rainbow baby joined us october 2015. No sway...just miracles.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Around 38/39 weeks lol........all 5 of my babies were within 3 days of due date so i feel pretty secure i wont need it before than lol
    due 25th june
    in shock both blue sways worked!!!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Do I need to bring a breast pump to the hospital? I haven't breastfeed before but I am planning to with this baby. I purchased a Medela pump but wasn't planning on taking it t the hospital is it something that I would need there? I didn't think I would really need it yet but I really don't know much about breastfeeding yet.
    200120042007June 24, 2013

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by cvd View Post
    Here at ours when you register they send you home with a list and a warning to ensure you have all things ready. They keep nothing on hand of that sort, no diapers wipes pads formula etc nothing! That's government health care for ya lol.
    what about people that haven't registered or homeless people or people that weren't seeking medical care. that just seems insane so they would let a babe just sit w/o a diaper or mom just bleed all over herself. they have to have those items. wow i know a lot of us in America talk about having free ins. like Canada but that sounds crazy.
    Its A Girl!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mommyof3boys View Post
    Do I need to bring a breast pump to the hospital? I haven't breastfeed before but I am planning to with this baby. I purchased a Medela pump but wasn't planning on taking it t the hospital is it something that I would need there? I didn't think I would really need it yet but I really don't know much about breastfeeding yet.
    If you are planning on nursing then you should not use a pump until you need to and nursing is well established. Pumps do not have the same suck as nursing and some women don't get very much milk from them(also since the same hormones are not at work)which would give you a false since that you didn't have "enough" milk. The most important thing that will make nursing easier is getting the latch right (having babe open wide) and nursing often. anytime you here a sound from babe they are either wet or want some boobie
    Its A Girl!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    nursed all 4 and still nursing my youngest
    Its A Girl!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Atsaukina1 View Post
    what about people that haven't registered or homeless people or people that weren't seeking medical care. that just seems insane so they would let a babe just sit w/o a diaper or mom just bleed all over herself. they have to have those items. wow i know a lot of us in America talk about having free ins. like Canada but that sounds crazy.
    I don't think its all of Canada, I'm sure other places are better with it lol but my hometown hospital. As soon as you start seeing a doctor they will tell you the hospital carries nothing so you have plenty of time to get ready. And once you get to the hospital they check to make sure you have that necessary stuff, I assume if you don't they ask you to send someone to Walmart next door? Not quite sure. I just know I've already had plenty of warnings so far lol funny how different things can be.
    Last edited by cvd; March 9th, 2013 at 08:59 AM.
    June 21 2011 - Ryder
    May 22 2013 - Hudson

Our family is now complete - no more babies for us. We didn't get our girl but I wouldn't trade my boys for the world, so in love.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Atsaukina1 View Post
    If you are planning on nursing then you should not use a pump until you need to and nursing is well established. Pumps do not have the same suck as nursing and some women don't get very much milk from them(also since the same hormones are not at work)which would give you a false since that you didn't have "enough" milk. The most important thing that will make nursing easier is getting the latch right (having babe open wide) and nursing often. anytime you here a sound from babe they are either wet or want some boobie
    Actually they made me use my pump in the hospital to help bring my milk in. I didn't bring it the first time and had to send hubby back home for it. This time the hospital is 45 minutes away so I will be bringing in my pump. Yes it is true that it doesn't have the same suction as the infant but I got an amazing amount of milk from my pump. I guess it depends on the pump and the person :-) but again I want to stress the use of the pump was only to help bring the milk in not to substitute for anything. The baby got plenty of boob time.
    Last edited by Praying4Pink; March 9th, 2013 at 01:52 PM.
    Mommy to a darling 2 year old
    Expecting a in June 2013

Make a pregnancy ticker

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mommyof3boys View Post
    Here you could pretty much not even pack a bag if you wanted. I only bring personal stuff for me and a few things for the baby. The hospital we went to before didn't really even want you dressing the baby in their own clothes or using your own blankets so they didn't have to keep it separate from theirs. They have little white shirts for them to wear and blankets for you to use until you get ready to go home.
    Here too! They supplied everything! But if you prefer to use your own pads, stuff for baby, etc... Then def pack it in your bag. I know some women are particular about the types of feminine products they use. We pay for that stuff here at our hospitals so I use it ALL, lol.
    Expecting a in June 2013

Make a pregnancy ticker

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosie85 View Post
    Laptop, camera, old underwear, sweatpants, pump, ipod, baby clothes, insurance cards, toothbrush, hair brush, some make-up so I can feel prettier afterward, haha. That's about it....

I don't ever pack a bag really ahead of time...starting at 38 weeks I kind of set what I would need by the bag at night, make sure things are charged etc. So it's a grab and go or if I had an emergency someone would be able to come home and get it all for me and it's easy to find in one spot. I will throw the clothes in a bag and the pump but that's about it. You can't pack your toothbrush and such ahead of time!
    Rosie last time I just used the travel size stuff. Don't know where you are but if that's an option go ahead and stock up on the small soap, shampoo, toothpaste, etc...that way if there is an emergency then the toiletries will already be in the bag.
    Expecting a in June 2013

Make a pregnancy ticker

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast