Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I usually buy the travel size stuff too that way I don't have to worry about not having it or taking stuff my family might need at home.

Praying I live in Indiana I imagine our hospital experiences are very similar.
    200120042007June 24, 2013

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mommyof3boys View Post
    I usually buy the travel size stuff too that way I don't have to worry about not having it or taking stuff my family might need at home.

Praying I live in Indiana I imagine our hospital experiences are very similar.
    Oh ok! Yes I guess we would have similar experiences living in the US. I can't say I thought of travel items last time but I will certainly be parking them this time.
    Mommy to a darling 2 year old
    Expecting a in June 2013

Make a pregnancy ticker

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Praying4Pink View Post
    Actually they made me use my pump in the hospital to help bring my milk in. I didn't bring it the first time and had to send hubby back home for it. This time the hospital is 45 minutes away so I will be bringing in my pump. Yes it is true that it doesn't have the same suction as the infant but I got an amazing amount of milk from my pump. I guess it depends on the pump and the person :-) but again I want to stress the use of the pump was only to help bring the milk in not to substitute for anything. The baby got plenty of boob time.

why would you need to hurry and bring your milk in?? colustrum has everything they need for the first couple days of life before milk comes in. it is true that when you are super engorged that expressing(which you can easily do by hand)will make you feel better if your boobs are too engorged making it difficult to nurse but you don't have to pump to bring milk in it will come. if you are a pro nurser(she said she never nursed before) or you are going back to work soon and babe will be on bottles so you want to get them used to them then pumping would be beneficial. If you are a newbie though the best adn easiest and sure fire way to a good nursing relationship is nursing,nursing,nursing.
    Its A Girl!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    mommyof3boys and other mommies
    here is a great site for all things breastfeeding
    http://kellymom.com/
    Its A Girl!!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks, I will check it out right now.
    200120042007June 24, 2013

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I will probably start packing around 28-30 weeks. I bring my own pajamas to change into after delivery, camera, laptop, camera, and boppy pillow. My hospital allows you to dress the baby so I will bring a couple of sleepers for her.
    Mom of and born July 18th 2013.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey ladies. I packed things like maternity and breast pads, a few toiletries, change of clothes for me, cheap underwear, nightdress and dressing gown, a couple of vests and babygros, and loads of muslins ready in my bag. I also dumped a big cheap pillow and baby blanket onto the pile as I'd had a tip from a friend about the awful NHS pillows and scratchy blankets. I added some of my favourite snacks to my bag too as I have food intolerances and again NHS hospitals are renowned for dire food. I drink tonnes of water so I also packed a two-litre bottle of water as I didn't want to keep asking for water. Oh and we also had a pile of coins in the car for the hospital car park as you have to pay (loads!).

I planned on homebirth for both boys but thought I should have the stuff ready just in case. With DS1 there was some meconium at about 9cm so the midwives advised transferring into the hospital. So I was really glad I had my bag ready and I was pretty pleased with everything I had brought. Nothing didn't get used but I was missing one vital thing - shoes! I was in my birth pool at home so I had to get out to transfer, so I stuck my dressing gown on to warm me up and got onto the trolley thing to go on the ambulance. Hence I was not wearing shoes. DH grabbed my bag, pillow and phone/camera and we were off. He popped home later to deal with the pool and popped back with my chargers, book and more snacks (!) but neither of us ever thought about shoes! So the next morning when it was time to go home with DS1 I had no shoes! So funny!!! DH took off his socks and I wore them across the car park to the car!
    2009 2011 2013 (failed sway)

HRC Jan 2016 - XX transferred - BFN
    HRC May 2016 - XX FET - BFN
    TTC 2017 - BFP!
    Our beautiful baby girl was born in September 2017!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Uk ladies who've had to stay in welcome your advice re what to bring o had three bags with ds1 virtually nothing. With ds2 which was fine I was in 3 hours

This time I think I'm gonna need to pack early n for a longer stay ;-)

Food is on my list lol!
    DS1 2009 DS2 2011

At around fifteen weeks sadly one of our babies became an angel fx for a healthy singleton!

*Update it's a girl! fx she'll make it!*

Thank you atomic praying our dream will come true

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Atsaukina1 View Post
    why would you need to hurry and bring your milk in?? colustrum has everything they need for the first couple days of life before milk comes in. it is true that when you are super engorged that expressing(which you can easily do by hand)will make you feel better if your boobs are too engorged making it difficult to nurse but you don't have to pump to bring milk in it will come. if you are a pro nurser(she said she never nursed before) or you are going back to work soon and babe will be on bottles so you want to get them used to them then pumping would be beneficial. If you are a newbie though the best adn easiest and sure fire way to a good nursing relationship is nursing,nursing,nursing.
    Not sure why they suggested it Atsaukina or rather highly recommended it. All I know is the nurse kept coming in asking if I felt tingling in my breast. I felt pretty pressured to perform. She kept saying pump, take a hot shower, nurse. I really didn't know much my first go round so I just did what she suggested. At one point my son was nursing every 30 minutes so we felt it best to give him a supplement. That coupled with the nurse saying I should be feeling tingling made me feel my son wasn't getting anything at all. I don't like that hospital and I will not be delivering there with this baby. It honestly wasn't about being engorged or anything the nurse kept trying to bring my milk in. I recently read that there can be a point where colostrum stops and no milk is there yet so I will be asking the professionals if that is true when I go for my breastfeeding class.
    Mommy to a darling 2 year old
    Expecting a in June 2013

Make a pregnancy ticker

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I did bring the travel size stuff last time for toiletries, it's wonderful. I want pack things like my camera or laptop though, it will just be set by the bag every night.

Our hospital supplies a ton of stuff, that sucks some ladies get nothing but technically our insurance is paying for it so it's not free either way. We get sent home with diapers, wipes, aspirators, wash bin, lotions, formula if needed, pads, bed pads, ice packs, peri bottles etc.
    DS 1 2008
    DS 2 2010
    DS 3 2013

May 2014 at 5 weeks

August 2014 at 12 weeks

DD1 our beautiful rainbow baby joined us october 2015. No sway...just miracles.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast