Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

When will you all pack your hospital Bag ?

And what will be in it ? Im moderating my list from last time cos although I dont technically need one i pack one "just in case" something happens in my homebirth and I have to transfer in.
    Mummy to 3 gorgeous Boys and FINALLY our baby Girl
    Owen 2004
    Ellis 2006
    Liam 2009
    D Amy 2013

M/C Oct 2012 after 4 months trying

BFP again !! - Nov 2012 - Confirmed Twins at 6+5 then my dreams were crushed at 8+ weeks when one of our twins sadly died.

THANK YOU TO GENDER DREAMING FOR HELPING MAKE OUR DREAMS COME TRUE

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good question. I was just thinking about this yesterday. I know I have plenty of time but I hate waiting till the last minute because I always think of things that I should have brought and we are 30 minutes from the hospital so it will be hard to get things we forgot afterwards. I think I am going to start purchasing the things that I will have new in the bag (toiletries, etc) and making a list of what I want to bring so I can add to it if I think of other things. I am definetly bringing some of my own clothes though. I hated wearing those hospital gowns after I had ds1 and didn't think I needed to bring extra clothes so I was basically stuck in them for 2 days. With the other 2 I brought clothes to wear and sleep in and was much more comfortable. I'm not sure exactly what I will being so I cant wait to hear everyone's suggestions.
    200120042007June 24, 2013

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    With my first i took three bags - very over the top, everything off the lists and had it packed from 37 weeks as instructed. With my last i threw a few things in a bag a day or before and forgot to take it when i left (although i didn't think i was stopping then - i'd booked a home birth but had some bleeding so i went in and became high risk and they kept me in), my hubby had to bring it up when the grandparents arrived to watch the kids
    Me, DH, the three musketers:

DS1

DS2

DS3

And our little princess

By the grace of god our precious little girl joined our family, hoping and praying for many happy years together

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well the last time I had the basic list plus my laptop and breast pump. I did mine before 37 weeks because I am just crazy like that. This time I will pretty much be sticking to the same list I used the last time. I didn't find it too extensive. I am already working on packing it (at 25 weeks) just because...again I'm crazy like that, lol. Some things that I would def include: nursing bras, full undies, night gowns/pjs, soft socks with grips, flip flops (and shower shoes if you have them), toiletries (travel size to save space), hospital documents, camera. Def if you plan to breast feed take your pump and a few accessories like lanolin cream and pads. And of course things that you wish you had during the last delivery and leave out things you didn't use.
    Mommy to a darling 2 year old
    Expecting a in June 2013

Make a pregnancy ticker

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Praying4Pink and I were just discussing this on the main thread lol. I have also started getting things ready to go and Praying4Pink's list is what mine is like too lol fresh fruit/veggies is also on there for me. Luckily, I live 2 mins away from the hospital and there is a Walmart right next door to it so if I forget anything it's super easy to have someone bring it in. The only thing I wish I did differently from last time was the fresh fruit and veggies!!!! Everyone kept bringing me junk food - this time I am packing my own friggen fruit/veggie/healthy snacks supply (I ended up with an enema last time just so they could send me home so I'm doing as much as I can to avoid that this time). I feel a bit better knowing exactly when I'm going in (fingers crossed Hudson doesn't decide to make an even earlier entrance though of course).
    Ou and I should add - I'm not sure about the hospitals in your area but here they supply NOTHING for you or baby so I also have on my list my pads, diapers/wipes etc.
    Last edited by cvd; March 8th, 2013 at 08:24 PM.
    June 21 2011 - Ryder
    May 22 2013 - Hudson

Our family is now complete - no more babies for us. We didn't get our girl but I wouldn't trade my boys for the world, so in love.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't. Kinda like wishing for bad luck to me. I figure if I need to transfer it will be an emergency situation( I would never transfer for fatigue or something been throuhg this 4x already lol.) and whatever I might need can be brought at a later time.
    Its A Girl!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    cvd- here they do supply you with dipes,wipes,pads, and sedn home with some too. They would need to have some there to supply those that don't have any and are not as prepared as others
    Its A Girl!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    oh DON'T FORGET THE CAMERA ladies!!!
    Its A Girl!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Atsaukina1 View Post
    cvd- here they do supply you with dipes,wipes,pads, and sedn home with some too. They would need to have some there to supply those that don't have any and are not as prepared as others
    Here at ours when you register they send you home with a list and a warning to ensure you have all things ready. They keep nothing on hand of that sort, no diapers wipes pads formula etc nothing! That's government health care for ya lol.
    June 21 2011 - Ryder
    May 22 2013 - Hudson

Our family is now complete - no more babies for us. We didn't get our girl but I wouldn't trade my boys for the world, so in love.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Here you could pretty much not even pack a bag if you wanted. I only bring personal stuff for me and a few things for the baby. The hospital we went to before didn't really even want you dressing the baby in their own clothes or using your own blankets so they didn't have to keep it separate from theirs. They have little white shirts for them to wear and blankets for you to use until you get ready to go home.
    200120042007June 24, 2013

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast