Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Newborn or 0-3 clothes?

So I've put of buying any clothes so far even though I've really wanted to . I felt it was too early, but I've just been looking at my next directory catalogue and I don't think I can stop myself any longer !. They have some gorgeous clothes in now.

Next do first size which is up to 7.8 pounds, up to 1 month (10 pounds) and 0-3 months (10 - 14 pounds) I've decided to buy the up to 1 month clothes as it doesn't sound like she will get much wear out of the first size and some 0-3 too.

How much new born (up to 10 pounds) will you be buying compared to 0-3? and will you just buy the new born now and the 0-3 when babies ready for that size or a mixture of both sizes before baby arrives?

. I'm finding it really difficult as their are so many lovely summer clothes but with her being due end of July, If I get these in 0-3 I think by the time she is ready for them it will be September and too cold?

My kids were around 7-8 pound mark except ds 2 who was 5 weeks early.
    Five lovely boys and my princess Jessica! Born August 2013

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I will be buying no newborn lol I have a couple newborn sleepers from ds3 and he wore them like twice and then he only fit 0-3 till he was 20 days old he grew so fast... If its a boy I won't have to buy a thing... Ds3 had a very nice wardrobe that he barley used... I would buy a few things that I love o... If its a girl DH is going to have to claim bankruptcy
    ( 2004) ( 2006) (2011 )

Aug 27th 2013

Make a pregnancy ticker

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Wanting-a-girl View Post
    I will be buying no newborn lol I have a couple newborn sleepers from ds3 and he wore them like twice and then he only fit 0-3 till he was 20 days old he grew so fast... If its a boy I won't have to buy a thing... Ds3 had a very nice wardrobe that he barley used... I would buy a few things that I love o... If its a girl DH is going to have to claim bankruptcy
    Lol, I'm the same. I think that's half the reason I've been afraid to buy anything. I know if I start I will get carried away and buy far too much!!

how much did you boys weigh?
    Five lovely boys and my princess Jessica! Born August 2013

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    For some reason i didn't think my girl would be as big as my boys were and I bought some little newborn onesies...well she was my second-biggest baby and all those little onesies were worn one time and I needed a team of mules to get her into the last couple LOL.

Plus, I guarantee that peopel will buy you some newborn pink!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My last two were 9lbs and my first was 6lbs he was 3 weeks early ds2 was a week late and ds3 was a week early so Im think I will get a 10lber this time :s
    ( 2004) ( 2006) (2011 )

Aug 27th 2013

Make a pregnancy ticker

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My boys were 8'6", 8'1", and 8'13". I don't bother with newborn size clothes!
    2004 2007 2010

It's a boy! Due 7/8/2013

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have actually stocked up on NB, 3m, 6m, 9m and even a touch of 12m lol!! A lot of it is Ryder's clothes of course but I've also done a lot of shopping, I love local sale sites, got some great deals. Luckily enough these 2 being born a month apart season wise, I'm pretty much anticipating the same as Ryder. Everything I've bought is versatile weather wise though, no snow suits or anything. Mostly sleepers and play outfits I didn't buy newborn clothing with Ryder and found 0-3 too big on him for a while (he was 7lbs 14oz) so I got some for Hudson (Ryder was born at 42 weeks, Hudson will be born at 38 so just planning that hell be smaller). I just love baby clothes.
    Last edited by cvd; March 19th, 2013 at 10:21 PM.
    June 21 2011 - Ryder
    May 22 2013 - Hudson

Our family is now complete - no more babies for us. We didn't get our girl but I wouldn't trade my boys for the world, so in love.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think it depend on the shop as some newborn clothes are up to 10lb and others are only up to 8lb
    I will have a few newborn items (all 2nd hand as they dont get much use) I have only been buying 0-3 months clothes. I would be expecting this baby to be born around 8lb or under
    DD Christmas 2010

DS Sucessful Boy Sway July 2013

DD2: Sucessful Girl Sway March 1st 2016

Thank you atomic & gender dreaming. Feeling so blessed to have had 2 sucessful sways. We would love one more to complete our family and our fingers are crossed for blue

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Iv got lots of 1 month size atm only a few newborn...my newborns have ranged in size from 5.5lb-7.15 and a half...im thinking if this one is top end then i wont really need new baby for very long at all but if its lower end i may do........going to wait as i get growth scans every 4 weeks this time(not that they are ever right) but i can usually guess how big they are going to be x.....next sizing has changed since i had my 1st baby the 'up to 1 month' used to be called 'new baby' and the now 'new baby' used to be 'little baby'......most other shops refer to up to 7/8lbs stuff as tiny or petite baby
    due 25th june
    in shock both blue sways worked!!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Funnily enough i had the same problem and hit next! I knew all my boys were boys so brought everything blue we are pretty sure this one's a girl (nub shot, cvs test and 2 i think its its a girl ultra sounds - although i'm still not convinced!) so we have nothing for a girl. My boys were 7.4, 7.5 and 7.8 with the first two wearing tiny baby clothes as the newborn and 0-3 swamped them. My third went into newborn and wore it for a while.

This one i am presuming will be smaller - partly due to gender, partly due to ultra sound measurements but i am still expecting her to be around the same size as ds3. As a compromise i brought her up to 1 month from next thinking next sizes are quite generous and will probably fit for a while (although mine are breast feed and usually wallop the weight on).

I'm really picky with clothes but so far i have brought her 1 cardigan, 3 baby gro's, a romper with a hat, a vest with a tutu skirt and something that i can't decide if its a long top with shorts or a dress - all from next as i love their range and it wears so well (or at least it did with the boys). Although i have them all hidden away as it feels wrong shopping so early (a bit like tempting fate, i always waited until after 30 weeks) and i'm still not convinced she's a girl.

For us im pretty sure this little one will be our last so i want enough for her to wear but not too much - i still have something things only one or none of my boys wore and its perfect

Ps we should start a thread in our due date group to post pics of all the things we brought
    Me, DH, the three musketers:

DS1

DS2

DS3

And our little princess

By the grace of god our precious little girl joined our family, hoping and praying for many happy years together

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast