Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm so so sorry to hear that you're suffering. SPD is nasty and I had it with both ds1 & ds2. I was referred to an NHS physio around 16 weeks with ds1 and given exercises to do and a maternity belt, which I just could not do without. I only got to 30 weeks with ds1 as I had severe pre-term pre-eclampsia but I was sore enough. I went full-term with ds2 and was in so much pain. I remember struggling to get up and down any stairs and had to teach ds1 who was only around 18 months then to bump down the stairs with me! I went back to the physio then and had a maternity belt the whole time. Thankfully we moved back to England from Scotland when I was 30 weeks and stayed with my parents until ds2 was born. They had no stairs so that saved me from needing a wheelchair. I did have crutches, but had we not sold up to move for dh's job I would've needed a wheelchair - or at least that's what they were talking about. Urgh.

I really feel for you. It sounds like you're in a catch-22 situation, especially as I remember the physio trying to stop me from carrying ds1 around so much. I even had to devise a step for him to get into his cot!

You're in my thoughts, I've just found out that I'm pg and will be asking for my referral to the physio asap! I just hope it's as easy to get an appt as it was in Scotland. Perhaps you could lay it all out on the line for your midwife? I understand how you feel about being induced and maybe you could stress that point to her?
    2007 2009 2013 (My VBA2C & sway opposite baby)

So proud to announce that after many long years of GD our precious DAUGHTER joined us in June 2016!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks ladies I have spoken to my midwife this morning who is refeing me for urgent physio she has suggested seeing my GP fo some pain relief as im allergic to paracetamol and has given me yet more tips on ways to help out in the day lkike a carrier bag on my chairs etc so can swing easily off with legs together instead of twisting etc. She also said once im down the morning stay down - easier said than done when i have a baby of 11 moths that still needs carying up for her naps twice a day plus a spare room full of kittens that need checking on throughout the day.
    Mummy to 3 gorgeous Boys and FINALLY our baby Girl
    Owen 2004
    Ellis 2006
    Liam 2009
    D Amy 2013

M/C Oct 2012 after 4 months trying

BFP again !! - Nov 2012 - Confirmed Twins at 6+5 then my dreams were crushed at 8+ weeks when one of our twins sadly died.

THANK YOU TO GENDER DREAMING FOR HELPING MAKE OUR DREAMS COME TRUE

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ugh SPD is a nightmare! So sorry you're suffering from this I had a severe case of SPD combined with other illnesses and I was in a wheelchair from week 20 of pregnancy till about 6 months AFTER I had the baby. We got NO help from the government whatsoever. My husband and family had to do everything for me and the kids. It was awfull. I've tried everything, from physio to chiropractors, acupuncture etc. but no relief. I'm dreading another pregnancy because of this. I don't know how I'll cope. I wish I didn't have such a strong desire for a daughter, so I wouldn't have to put myself and my family through this agony again I'm sorry, not really cheering you up here I'm afraid. But I must say, once it was all over, I really hardly ever look back. I try to forget. And once I held my babies in my arms, I was just over the moon. It was worth it. Tho it would have been nice if I could have been pregnant like everyone else who seems to enjoy their regnancies... But keep your eyes on the prize: babies from difficult pregnancies tend to be extra extra gorgeous, trust me, I'd know
    Mummy to a girl, born sleeping & two gorgeous & loud little boys

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've not experienced it personally but will share my friend's journey. First pregnancy started early 2nd trimester, spent last few months in wheelchair (hear me out...) second pregnancy started early, like 6-8 weeks in.
    She went to osteopath who had special interest / skills in pregnancy - fixed (though had one or two recurrences that again were fixed in single encounter).
    Now bear in mind I am a physio, and saw a physio when I had awful back and pelvic pain in my second pregnancy. It was a bit better, but really the message was to put up with it, would be better after birth. I too went to see this little magical osteo and again, cured. Some of the treatments made sense, as did the exercises, but some of the oh-so-gentle manual therapy felt like fairy dust or something. It wasn't a cheap undertaking (like $120, then $80), but worth it IMO
    Anyway, I hope you find some comfort soon xx

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh and I've been induced with DS1 and it was a horrible experience. it was extra sore on my pelvic area because the contractions were so intense. But with DS2 I had a beautiful natural birth. I kept my foot down, no more inductions for me. Unless of course the baby or I were in emediate danger. But SPD is luckily not deadly, although some days I really thought the pain was going to kill me ugh lol. So hang in there, it can still be beautiful, without any medical interventions.
    Mummy to a girl, born sleeping & two gorgeous & loud little boys

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had it in the last few weeks of pregnancy with DD this time around I started feeling the pinching sensation in my pelvis at around 20 weeks. I booked into see a pregnancy osteopath and I have been seeing him every 3 weeks since and I have had zero pain since starting the osteopath and doing the exercises he recommended in the evenings as part of my yoga routine. Mine is caused by a pelvic imbalance due to a curve on my spine and a tumour on my spinal cord.
    DD Christmas 2010

DS Sucessful Boy Sway July 2013

DD2: Sucessful Girl Sway March 1st 2016

Thank you atomic & gender dreaming. Feeling so blessed to have had 2 sucessful sways. We would love one more to complete our family and our fingers are crossed for blue

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    are you ladies wearing the belt? went to chiro and was telling her how I had it last prego(not this time hopefully) and she suggested wearign the belt if it ever happens again since babe is pushing on something hitting a nerve trying to relieve the pressure off of it. might help a little alogn with seeing the ostepath,ect.
    Its A Girl!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i have the support belt and it does ZILCH. A friend came over today and reccomend her osteopath too she said its expensive at £45 a visit but well worth it so might have to save some pennies and go down that route :-(
    Mummy to 3 gorgeous Boys and FINALLY our baby Girl
    Owen 2004
    Ellis 2006
    Liam 2009
    D Amy 2013

M/C Oct 2012 after 4 months trying

BFP again !! - Nov 2012 - Confirmed Twins at 6+5 then my dreams were crushed at 8+ weeks when one of our twins sadly died.

THANK YOU TO GENDER DREAMING FOR HELPING MAKE OUR DREAMS COME TRUE

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mum23boys View Post
    Im really worried about my work and how Im going to keep going until my Maternity leave in July - I ant afford to go sooner as being self employed im already having to save nearly 4 thousand pound to be off for the 9 weeks I want to take matwernity leave and the weeks holiday I have booked off in June. Im not anywhere near having saved this amount yet so any other leave let alone htis one is a no no. I must look into incapacity benefit etc but when i can earn £400 a week working and have £1250 a month of bills to pay a benefit of £40-50 a week isnt going to be a great help. Seems like a no win situation and I just know Im going to end up in a complete mess :-( Sorry to moan ladies i am just in constant pain and crying and the worry isnt helping. I dont want to tell them how bad it is at the hospital either inase they take me in at 37 weeks and induce me ( as was suggested) as im desperate for another home birth naturally after an allergic reaction to the induction stuff last time
    Oh hunny i'm so sorry your struggling. My midwife was useless she has referred me to the pelvic group again that i did with the boys which pretty much just tells you common sense stuff, after that if you still have problems they refer you to the physio but it adds to the wait so its looking like a few weeks before i get any sensible help.

Midwife saw how much i was struggling (i couldn't even get on the bed thing as the pain was really bad) and still didn't seem to care just pretty much told me to get on with it or start my maternity leave early (which its too early, i'd get no time with baby afterwards if i used 3 months of it now!)

Not sure it helps anymore but i think sick pay is £70 per week but you could also get more tax credits or other benefits if you can't work depending on your hubby's income, not going to make up your income but if worse does come to worst make sure you get all the help you are entitled to.
    Me, DH, the three musketers:

DS1

DS2

DS3

And our little princess

By the grace of god our precious little girl joined our family, hoping and praying for many happy years together

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mum23boys View Post
    Im really worried about my work and how Im going to keep going until my Maternity leave in July - I ant afford to go sooner as being self employed im already having to save nearly 4 thousand pound to be off for the 9 weeks I want to take matwernity leave and the weeks holiday I have booked off in June. Im not anywhere near having saved this amount yet so any other leave let alone htis one is a no no. I must look into incapacity benefit etc but when i can earn £400 a week working and have £1250 a month of bills to pay a benefit of £40-50 a week isnt going to be a great help. Seems like a no win situation and I just know Im going to end up in a complete mess :-( Sorry to moan ladies i am just in constant pain and crying and the worry isnt helping. I dont want to tell them how bad it is at the hospital either inase they take me in at 37 weeks and induce me ( as was suggested) as im desperate for another home birth naturally after an allergic reaction to the induction stuff last time
    Aww that's really awful when the pain gets that bad especially when it starts earlier and you feel like you have ages to go. I was lucky that I could give up work early when mine was so bad i couldn't walk hardly. So it must be really stressful for you trying to keep going. They gave me a massive list of tips last week like wearing silk pjs in bed to help you slide out of bed without causing as much pain and other random stuff I could post for you if it would be any use. But I know from my own experience it's the basic stuff like walking and picking kids out of cots etc that you can't do a lot to help with. I hope they manage to find something that works for you. Big hugs.
    due July 2013

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast