Page 12 of 79 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by prayforprincess View Post
    This is what I am so afraid of -- my symptoms this time are so incredibly different and EVERYONE keeps telling me that "this is the girl!"
    I just don't want to hear it because I feel like my luck it will still be boy #4.
    But with my boys it was little to no nausea, felt good, looked good, little food adversions, ate a lot/ hungry a lot, craved heavier foods like carbs, creamy soups and sauces and lots of meat (especially red meat) and melted cheese.
    This time I was/still am terribly nauseous from week 5. All day everyday. If I eat it doesn't help, sometimes makes me more sick feeling especially at night. Soooooo many food adversions, hardly want to eat anything. Only light food like yogurt or fruit -- carbs gross me out and are too heavy and I haven't been able to touch any meat since week 6. I have NO energy, am in such a bad mood and feel so incredibly ugly. Oh, and headaches - I've been getting the most awful headaches.

So hopefully polar opposite symptoms are a sign of girl for me but I just can't put much stock into it. I just wish everyone in my life would stop telling me its the girl cause it keeps making me think "could it be?" and I feel only setting me up for total disappointment.
    Also is anyone else?...afraid of the moment when they hear boy and tell people and everyone says "oh I'm so sorry". I just feel like everyone in my life knows how badly i want a girl and when they hear its a boy will feel so bad for me. Instead of being happy for me as most are when u have a baby, they won't. I just don't want the pity, I don't want to have to say "its another boy" and everyone think "that's a shame, i know how badly u wanted a girl". I suppose I am rambling but does anyone else understand what I mean?
    I so understand what you mean! Been there twice. This time I'm just calling it 'the baby' and when someone says 'well, maybe this time it's a little girl' I say 'it's a baby, and I'm happy as long as it's healthy', that kind of shuts them up. The only people who knows how much I want a daughter are DH and my two best friends, I didn't even tell my family, and they are putting no pressure on me to have a girl. But they knew I was soooooo aching for a girl when I fell pregnant with Aidan that was all they talked about, so this time I cut it out straight away because I want to be happy with this baby, whatever the gender. This pregnancy was also different, a lot of nausea, completely put off red meat, lots of fruit and salads. I still crave cheese and dairy though. I lost my appetite, as with my boys I could eat the house down. You try not to read anything into it because that would be a mistake, but you can't help feeling hopeful.
    Mum to Lucas 13/12/1989
    Mum to Mateus 02/10/1991
    Mum to miscarried 22/09/2005
    Mum to Aidan 10/12/2010

My little Princess, Anya was born on the 22nd of July 2014. Thanks Mother Earth for this blessing! And thanks Atomic and all the generous and lovely ladies who helped me through this journey.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I couldn't agree more.
    And thanks for the good response. If anyone says anything I will reply with "a healthy baby is what truly matters"
    2005; 2007; 2009; arrived 6/28/14!!
    5 failed IVF/PGD's 2010-2012
    Ectopic pregnancy 2013 that caused IC

Emergency cerclage at 18 wks & Suffered through months of strict bed rest to keep this little man baking. My water broke at 31w4d and He finally arrive June 28 at 32 weeks!
    He is so strong and perfect! Truly my little angel.

-God, Grant me the Serenity to Accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to Change the things I can and the Wisdom to know the Difference-

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by prayforprincess View Post
    I couldn't agree more.
    And thanks for the good response. If anyone says anything I will reply with "a healthy baby is what truly matters"
    I had SO many people saying that stuff to me when I was pregnant with DS3.. "Ohhh I bet you're hoping for a girl" or "wow after 2 boys it's time for that girl!".. It drove me nuts.. To the point that we didn't even announce this pregnancy. I just didn't want to hear it all over again. We decided to wait until we knew the gender and even tho we found out almost a week ago that it's a girl, we still haven't announced it. Now I'm kind of spiteful to those people who said that stuff and it's almost like I don't want them to know lol if that makes sense?! But I agree with Aidansmum, just say "as long as he or she is healthy, it doesn't matter what's between the legs!!!"

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Bummer! I thought it was 2 weeks results from date of test but it's actually 14 working days, doing the counting I shouldn't know until about next friday or even the week after! And the wait goes on...
    Mum to Lucas 13/12/1989
    Mum to Mateus 02/10/1991
    Mum to miscarried 22/09/2005
    Mum to Aidan 10/12/2010

My little Princess, Anya was born on the 22nd of July 2014. Thanks Mother Earth for this blessing! And thanks Atomic and all the generous and lovely ladies who helped me through this journey.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by aidansmum View Post
    Bummer! I thought it was 2 weeks results from date of test but it's actually 14 working days, doing the counting I shouldn't know until about next friday or even the week after! And the wait goes on...
    I had my test done in Sydney and received the results exactly 14 days from when I had the test and not 14 working days. Fingers crossed for you ... My heart stopped beating and I think I almost started hypo ventilating when I saw I missed that call. Good luck.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    prayforprincess - I hope this is your girl for you. I think I said before but the headaches were the big girl symptom for me. Never had it with the boys.
    aidensmum- can't wait to hear the news. Your u/s got many girl responses so I hope it comes true.
    I am doing good, been busy switching my 2 year old to his new room and decorating it. Then I can finally start on the nursery.
    I guess the biggest thing that has surprised me and wondered if others have experienced this after they found out they were having a girl, is the negative comments...I never thought I would hear them! Of course before I was pregnant, I would get comments on how cute my 3 boys are, etc but where's the girl? Are you going to try for a girl? You need a girl in your life, blah blah..We have all heard the comments.
    Well now that I'm having a girl, I hear, why did you do that? Boys are so easy, quiet and mellow.. Now your in trouble with a girl. They are so loud, drama, etc. Even from moms who have a boy and a girl I have heard multiple times, I really wanted 2 boys but I ended up with a girl..
    I am just so surprised by the negative comments, made me wonder I'm not crazy for wanting a girl, right? I wanted to experience both boys and girls.
    Sorry for the long rant, I've just been so surprised and wondered if others have heard this too. I have of course heard many positive comments at times too. I guess people just love to give their opinions on everything!
    3 Beautiful Boys 742 and a little lady

My baby girl is here and we are so in love with her! Thank you gender dreaming for making my family complete!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    snip- People say stuff like that to me. Actually I hear it both ways. We were just vacationing and a couple was without children but talking to me telling me she was pg with her 4th. They had 2 boys 1 girl and were hoping for another girl. They were saying that the boys are so much harder -- they could have 10 of their dd's friends in the house and its still quiet and peaceful. With just 3 boys, its crazy, loud, running around etc.
    Some people though tell me "you don't want a girl, its so much drama etc" and I'm like "believe me you don't have a boy. First of all, 2/3 boys are so picky with their clothes too you would think they are girls. I have nieces and they are NOT drama! And no offense to any all girl mom's - but I have yet to meet one that has the chaotic home I have with my 3 boys! And 90% of my friends are girl mom's and they all say "I don't know how you do it". My boys are like energizer bunnies that never stop. Its constant sports, throwing balls int he house, fighting, couch cushions thrown, me yelling, breaking up fights, them running around etc. etc. etc. Its absolute nuts nuts all the time. Girls play much more quietly. Like they paint their nails or do arts and crafts or sit with barbies. I need a child that just sits down!!! I just need peace and quiet in my life!!
    The fact is, every kid is different. Some people have tough girls with major attitude, some have quiet angelic girls. Some (like me) have wild and crazy boys that drive them nuts, and some boys are more mellow. I don't think you can totally generalize and I hate when people act like because we don't have a dd we don't know. I feel like if you dont have a ds you have no clue what us boy mom's go though!
    (please don't take offense to any of this girl mom's)

Emergency cerclage at 18 wks & Suffered through months of strict bed rest to keep this little man baking. My water broke at 31w4d and He finally arrive June 28 at 32 weeks!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    oh, btw: I had a dream last night I was having a GIRL!!
    I am not putting stock into it; but I have to say that with ALL my boys, my dreams were that I was having a boy and freaking out. With ds3, I dreamed I delivered a boy and left him in the hospital -- I know bad.
    This is the 1st time I have ever dreamed its a girl. Although its probably my wishful thinking.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Honestly I think people in general are just to concerned about other peoples business. Its always greener on the other side so to speak & as prayforprincess put it so perfectly every kid is different. I do have both & yes my DD does bring the drama at times & my boys can be loud crazy & nutty but that is not all any of them are. DD is tough, strong courageous & incredibly intelligent & my Ds's are sweet, considerate & extremely loving . My DD plays & excels at softball but is as girly girl as they come with dresses, hair & makeup. Every child is different & wonderful in their own way.

Everyone has opinion but really yours is the only one that matters. Some people just can never be happy for anyone. People said horrible things when I was pregnant with DS2 & again with DS3. They were terribly inappropriate after I had DS3 & would say I hope your finally done now. I am a sarcastic person by nature & I would of course snap right back at them, I think they have learned their lesson cause there has been very little negative comments this time around.

One more thing I know 2 different families with girls. One has 4 girls & the parents are a whole lot of drama. As you can imagine so are the kids. The other has 3 girls & a boy, those parents are calm & loving coincidently so are their girls.

Congrats again on your girl snips & don't let anyone take that joy from you!
    02 04 06 10 14

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think some people are just so negative sometimes. And they certainly won't take me down with them..lol. I got terrible comments after ds3 and proved everyone wrong by having 3 very sweet natured and caring boys. We debunked that terrible boy stigma and would never change anything about them.
    I just hope this little girl follows suit
    3 Beautiful Boys 742 and a little lady

My baby girl is here and we are so in love with her! Thank you gender dreaming for making my family complete!

Page 12 of 79 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast