Page 14 of 79 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by snipsnsnails View Post
    prayforprincess - I hope this is your girl for you. I think I said before but the headaches were the big girl symptom for me. Never had it with the boys.
    aidensmum- can't wait to hear the news. Your u/s got many girl responses so I hope it comes true.
    I am doing good, been busy switching my 2 year old to his new room and decorating it. Then I can finally start on the nursery.
    I guess the biggest thing that has surprised me and wondered if others have experienced this after they found out they were having a girl, is the negative comments...I never thought I would hear them! Of course before I was pregnant, I would get comments on how cute my 3 boys are, etc but where's the girl? Are you going to try for a girl? You need a girl in your life, blah blah..We have all heard the comments.
    Well now that I'm having a girl, I hear, why did you do that? Boys are so easy, quiet and mellow.. Now your in trouble with a girl. They are so loud, drama, etc. Even from moms who have a boy and a girl I have heard multiple times, I really wanted 2 boys but I ended up with a girl..
    I am just so surprised by the negative comments, made me wonder I'm not crazy for wanting a girl, right? I wanted to experience both boys and girls.
    Sorry for the long rant, I've just been so surprised and wondered if others have heard this too. I have of course heard many positive comments at times too. I guess people just love to give their opinions on everything!
    Oh boy... People are so nosey and difficult. You can count on people more often than not having something to say regardless of which you got - seem to love the sound of their own voice. Baby is healthy, you got your wish, that's all that matters! Leave it short and sweet - "baby's healthy and happy and that's all that matters, right?" That ought to leave them with very little to say!

18/5/13 (4+5 wks) 27/8/13 (4+6 wks)
    Jamie (12/6/14)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mum3blue View Post
    It definitely is a stressful time doing the test and reading about how Y stays in your blood, it has given me the tiniest element of false hope. I'm counting down to my visual confirmation - no doubt he will be boy!!! I still have the tiniest glimmer of hope, but it's not realistic as I have already started buying boy things and as much as this pregnancy and cravings etc are different all those theories have been dispelled as well :-). Here's hoping for a healthy baby at the ultrasound.
    I will tell everyone what the geneticist explained to me. I had the exact same question about y still being in my blood. She said the children we give birth too, their DNA stays in our body forever. But this is at the intercellular level. The blood tests, at least materni21 I would assume harmony look at the extra cellular DNA or free floating DNA in the mothers blood this reflects the current fetus we carry. And only stays present in our body for 1 or 2 months after delivery.
    So it should not detect previous Y chromosome, but few mistakes can happen, it's a test. No test is perfect. My clinic is a large clinic on the east side of a city and they had 1 opposite. Was told girl but ended up being boy.
    I really hope everyone gets their desired gender!
    3 Beautiful Boys 742 and a little lady

My baby girl is here and we are so in love with her! Thank you gender dreaming for making my family complete!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by prayforprincess View Post
    My boys are like energizer bunnies that never stop. Its constant sports, throwing balls int he house, fighting, couch cushions thrown, me yelling, breaking up fights, them running around etc. etc. etc. Its absolute nuts nuts all the time. Girls play much more quietly. Like they paint their nails or do arts and crafts or sit with barbies. I need a child that just sits down!!!
    Oh, DH was apparently a lovely child - he'd sit quietly and do something as far as craft or look at a book. His brother OTOH... However, DH was also the inquisitive child a loved to know how things worked. Took things apart. When he was nice and quiet - that's probably what he was doing!

My nieces, especially the older one is very vocal on 'I'M BOOOOOOOOORED...' and 'I want to do this, mummy make a cake with me, mum let's go to the park (regardless of weather), mummummum...' ARGH! I guess it varies from child to child...

Jamie (12/6/14)

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Adia View Post
    Sorry for intruding but my DDs are so loud and wild we taught them sign language to use at the dinner table just to cut down on the noise and screaming...it didn't work.
    They have mellowed out a lot as they have gotten older but they are still very loud, wild, and I feel like a referee all day when they are all home. They had a snow day last Friday, I had hoped to get a lot of homework done. I didn't get one lick of homework done and my feet were killing me at the end of the day from trying to keep up with my kids and all their energy.
    I am not sure this has anything to do with gender!! my first two boys were of the quiet variety and then my second two are like two small Tasmanian devils, and then I guess I hoped Suzy would be quiet because she is a girl but she is honestly worse than my 4th son is. She fights like a tiger. I long for those days with my first two boys where things were quieter and more peaceful!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by aidansmum View Post
    I woke up with a sense of doom. I just know I'll have another boy. I just have this feeling that I should not keep my hopes us and I'm inclined to listen to my inner voice.
    I hope the Harmony results are wrong for Jen but please let mine be correct, it would be very hard dealing with a bad result. The woman who did my test said to me Harmony is more accurate than ultrasound scans for gender, but I did hear before that it can pick up Y's in the blood from previous children. The things we do to ourselves!
    Ugh... so sorry. I hated my brain at the best of times. This is partly the reason why I thought going team green wouldn't be a great idea in the end, especially for DH - there's no telling what finding out a failed sway would be like in the delivery room. Don't get me wrong, being my first especially after m/c after m/c I would have been over the moon with healthy, 10 fingers and toes, and because we'd tried, he'd be a special determined little guy. But who knows how things are from person to person. I still really hope you get your pink bundle. x

Jamie (12/6/14)

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I also have had way more negative comments upon getting a girl than I ever had with my boys!! Very unpleasant!!!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry I've been so quiet - got quite a lot of catching up to do! How have we all been?

DH felt his first kicks this morning! He's so over the moon, especially since we had some bad news this morning. Helped brighten the day that much more. How far along do kicks become a regular occurrence? I only feel the odd one or two (by hand) every few days.

Jamie (12/6/14)

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My 2c on maternity21. I understand the free floating DNA & the way it is explained but I do have some questions. Researching online I have found many women who were told boy & the ultrasound showed girl. Now one of them was a medical problem with the way the baby developed & I'm sure some, I should just not believe because simply you can't believe everything on the internet. Having said that I have seen too many to believe the stats that sequenom puts out. Whether it has to do with simple human error, or finding Y from previous pregnancies or any other reason including meds Mom might be on I couldn't tell you the reason. Maybe it is even that the technology is just so new, don't know but I am personally not 100% committed to my results. I tested 10 weeks & 1 day from the day we DTD. I had heard prior that it was very likely to get a girl result early simply because the y would not be present enough at that point. I do not completely believe that I ovulated & conceived all on the day we DTD. I do not believe that I was actually 10 weeks on the day of the test. The only reason the dr's office said I was is from babies measurements at ultrasound but my kids always tend to measure big. I do believe the dates are off but I did the test anyway. I was sure I would hear girl but it could be wrong because the Y had just not showed up yet. That is one of the big reasons hearing boy threw me I was prepared to hear girl but knew that could be wrong.

My opinion for me & my pregnancy is that my baby is healthy & because of the test there is a very high chance that this is a boy. Having said that I do feel that there is still a VERY slim possibility that this could be a girl so until I have visual confirmation I will not shop or plan for this child. I know the chance of this being a girl is very slim & I am coming to terms with the fact that I will never have another DD, but I can not ignore the feeling that there is the tiniest possibility that it could be wrong so I should just not spend any $$ till I know for sure. This works for me mentally it may not work for someone else. I am debating doing a private gender scan next week instead of waiting till March just so I can get confirmation. Funny thing is since the test has been done & the initial misery of hearing boy set in I have had a lot of time to think & at this point I have convinced myself that a boy would be a better fit for my family(of course that is the mental side not the heart & emotional side talking).

Again just my opinion but whatever will be will be. This babies sex was determined at the moment of conception no amount of test results, hope or prayers is going to change that now. I just personally need to see visual confirmation before I can be sure. I hope those that are still waiting for their tests hear their desired gender.
    02 04 06 10 14

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Dreams-I totally agree. I Had to see visual confirmation before I actually believed it and started shopping. I was excited with the blood test but doubt quickly rolled in and couldn't truly believe it until u/s. Can you do the private scan? That might be your best bet?
    3 Beautiful Boys 742 and a little lady

My baby girl is here and we are so in love with her! Thank you gender dreaming for making my family complete!

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My dr's office offers a 3d ultrasound with gender at as early as 16weeks. Going to call on Monday to get prices & info. I already owe sequenom for the maternity21so I hate to spend a ton on an ultrasound knowing my regular one is scheduled for 3/10. Depending I may just have to schedule it so I can really know for sure. The uncertainty is driving me nuts!
    02 04 06 10 14

Page 14 of 79 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast