Page 13 of 96 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Lol too funny Carameline, I was thinking of getting a pair of those too yesterday after I was done from my appointment but as always it was more expensive than the US so I passed on that
    2/04

11/05
    11/09
    06/14

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello all!! Trying to get caught up on the past few days. Aidansmum love the picts!!

Mumto3boys & greasemonkey congrats to you both!!!!!!!!!! I'm very happy for both of you!!

Menlc611 fingers crossed all is ok!

Hope everyone is doing good!
    02 04 06 10 14

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So had my first really upsetting comment the other day. Told a supposed good friend of mine that baby was a boy & got a crappy response. She just had her first DD after 2 DS's & swears by having DH release than DTD (which is exactly what I wound up doing). She knew I wanted a girl really bad & that I was trying different things to sway. When I told her baby was a boy the response I got was that this proves its just a 50/50 shot & none of that stuff works. She is planning on having another child & wants a girl also so she than went on to say she will stick to the way she did it since that works(again I did do that also).

You know what how about just some compassion?? She knew how desperately I wanted baby to be a girl. Why feel the need to throw it in my face that everything I tried didn't work. Plus I did what she plans to do & that didn't work for me so why is she so sure that it will work for her again. It just really hurt my feelings. Now obviously she really isn't as good a friend as I thought, she had also told me before I was pregnant with this one that I shouldn't have anymore. I'm not a mean person & I don't like feeling this way but I can't help but hope her next kid is a boy.

Had fun with the kids at Disney, DD is doing much better with the fact that baby is a boy. Surprisingly Disney was a lot harder on me than I anticipated. Saw way too many adorable baby & toddler girls & it really broke my heart. Sorry for the downer post & thanks for letting me vent.
    02 04 06 10 14

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Dreams, It can't be easy to feel the way you're feeling and you should certainly expect better than that from a good friend. I would never put my friends down like that or say anything other than encouraging in that situation, after all you're still getting used to having another baby boy, as you said, no compassion. I'm sorry she made you feel that way but there will be people you think you can trust and they let you down. I'm glad DH is supporting you and that at least you are having fun with your family. A big hug and don't let people put you down, you are pregnant with a beautiful, healthy baby boy that will bring so much happiness to your life you will look back and see that you wouldn't want him to be anyone else other than himself. x
    Mum to Lucas 13/12/1989
    Mum to Mateus 02/10/1991
    Mum to miscarried 22/09/2005
    Mum to Aidan 10/12/2010

My little Princess, Anya was born on the 22nd of July 2014. Thanks Mother Earth for this blessing! And thanks Atomic and all the generous and lovely ladies who helped me through this journey.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Dreams529, what an awful thing for a friend to say. She obviously didn't listen well and wasn't being very compassionate. I kind of hope she has a boy next time too.

Thanks for mentioning how seeing little girls at Disney was tough. I'm having some heartache seeing little girls too. It's not that I'm not ok with having a boy but I still long for a girl. And that is so unlikely to happen. I try not to get carried away with the sadness, but it is there and it often shows up when I see a little girl.

I don't find myself longing for this little boy yet. I'm sad about that, I want to enjoy him, but it is hard to without knowing him. I can feel him moving sometimes now and I hoped that would help me feel more excited about him, but I'm still kind of in a space of not knowing. Maybe when I can sense more about him, like what positions he likes to be in and what music he likes, maybe then I'll feel more connected. I feel pretty confident that at latest when he is born I'll be over the moon for him. But not now.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just wanted to pop in and say yay for all of the pink news!

PFP- I know you must feel sad, but your son will be a perfect addition to your family. Give yourself time.
    TTC Blue!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know, its very weird I've waited so long to go there but I still can't because it hasn't hit me - it will when she's born I suppose - I can wait, I've got a couple of outfits for hospital etc... but I'm already being given things left right and center, including the grandmothers who will spoil the crap out of her before she's even born Lol...
    Quote Originally Posted by momof3boyz11 View Post
    ha ha ha ha I still do that! I instantly go towards blue and my husband laughs

I am so excited for you! Love the bump
    Last edited by Mumto3boys; March 15th, 2014 at 05:06 AM.
    5yrs 4yrs 2yrs : Grace born 6.8.14 Thank you gender dreaming for your guidance and support & the heavens above for sending me Grace. For when our eyes met for the first time my heart felt whole and aches no more ♥

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Girl scan.jpg Just thought I'd share my ultrasound pic are any of you doing a gender reveal to family and friends?
    5yrs 4yrs 2yrs : Grace born 6.8.14 Thank you gender dreaming for your guidance and support & the heavens above for sending me Grace. For when our eyes met for the first time my heart felt whole and aches no more ♥

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Not a friend - I have one of those and I deliberately chose not to tell her I wouldn't give her the satisfaction as she has previously rubbed in my face "I've got two girls, then I got my boy" so we're just the lucky ones!... or my other one "I got my girl first so I'm not to worried that this ones a boy"...although I'd rather another girl because their clothes a much prettier - seriously I couldn't care less about 'pink' clothes or how fun it is to paint nails - I have 3 boys she is going to be dainty but tough! she will kick a ball and jump in mud.... and if my boys want to play with her dolly's well so be it!.
    Quote Originally Posted by dreams529 View Post
    So had my first really upsetting comment the other day. Told a supposed good friend of mine that baby was a boy & got a crappy response. She just had her first DD after 2 DS's & swears by having DH release than DTD (which is exactly what I wound up doing). She knew I wanted a girl really bad & that I was trying different things to sway. When I told her baby was a boy the response I got was that this proves its just a 50/50 shot & none of that stuff works. She is planning on having another child & wants a girl also so she than went on to say she will stick to the way she did it since that works(again I did do that also).

You know what how about just some compassion?? She knew how desperately I wanted baby to be a girl. Why feel the need to throw it in my face that everything I tried didn't work. Plus I did what she plans to do & that didn't work for me so why is she so sure that it will work for her again. It just really hurt my feelings. Now obviously she really isn't as good a friend as I thought, she had also told me before I was pregnant with this one that I shouldn't have anymore. I'm not a mean person & I don't like feeling this way but I can't help but hope her next kid is a boy.

Had fun with the kids at Disney, DD is doing much better with the fact that baby is a boy. Surprisingly Disney was a lot harder on me than I anticipated. Saw way too many adorable baby & toddler girls & it really broke my heart. Sorry for the downer post & thanks for letting me vent.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mumto3boys View Post
    Girl scan.jpg Just thought I'd share my ultrasound pic are any of you doing a gender reveal to family and friends?
    Doing a gender reveal to the four grandparents this afternoon. Got a 4D scan booked. Hoping little one is cooperative!

18/5/13 (4+5 wks) 27/8/13 (4+6 wks)
    Jamie (12/6/14)

Page 13 of 96 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast