Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ELP - how many weeks were you when you had the U/S? I can't tell anything but I hear the "experts" are saying congrats on your baby boy. how exciting!
    Those little comments like "as long as your happy" always seem to come from Dad's. Just twist that knife a little Dad.

Begonia, it's easier to tell random strangers too. Plus I want everyone to know that I'm not just fat. Of coarse that baby is still near my pelvis but they don'ts gots to know.
    16yrs 7yrs & 4yrs
    DS#2 died day of his birth 12/15/10

Praying and swaying for a precious baby boy but being blessed with a instead

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by iluvmyman View Post
    ELP - how many weeks were you when you had the U/S? I can't tell anything but I hear the "experts" are saying congrats on your baby boy. how exciting!
    Those little comments like "as long as your happy" always seem to come from Dad's. Just twist that knife a little Dad.

Begonia, it's easier to tell random strangers too. Plus I want everyone to know that I'm not just fat. Of coarse that baby is still near my pelvis but they don'ts gots to know.
    Thanks iluv The private scan with the great piccies was at 12+6, I've never paid for a scan before but I'm glad I did, it has kind of taken away the obsession without really knowing, as nubs are never an official guess are they So I don't feel like I've cheated this baby
    I'm exactly the same with the chubby belly line lol!! My fat boy sway stomach is positively massive!!! I'm the same weight I was when i deliver my last baby! And looking it! I'm hoping to start some more healthier eating soon and stabilising the load lol!!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by iluvmyman View Post
    I haven't even told my dad yet, LOL. He lives in another country and doesn't have a phone so we only "talk" via email and the last one he sent was June. I'm sure he'll say something like "as long as you're happy" too so I can wait on hearing that, no rush!

Iluv you'll be finding out right? I'm so struggling with the wait!!! DH even said last night we can find out if it is really driving me bonkers, but I know he has ALWAYS wanted to have a surprise, even before we were ever pg with our 1st he said he thought that would be so special ... so I really, really want to give him that. I might try to find out and not tell him, LOL ... is that so bad?!? Like if I went for a private scan and didn't tell him??? I think I could keep the secret....

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    A secret scan B!!! That would be coooooooll!! Could you keep it secret though? If you could and you want to know then why not!! And if he finds out you've been then just keep teasing him by saying 'She's active today' then 'He's wiggling again' straight after

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi, ladies!!

I'm 12 weeks 2 days now! I have my first trimester testing coming up on Thursday, when I'll be 13 weeks 1 day. I'm really, really hoping the u/s tech will be willing to take the time to check out any nub action LOL! I found out my 2 year old was a boy at 13 weeks on the nose, but I remember being told "I'm only 80% sure, so don't paint the nursery yet!"

I'll have another u/s Sept. 30, so I think by then it will be more definitive. SO excited for Thursday!

Hope everyone is doing well--those with nausea issues, I hope it gets better for you soon! With my little boy, it lasted until about 14 weeks. (This one's been very kind to me so far as far as that goes.)

Begonia, I would TOTALLY do it in your position! I can't NOT know. If you feel you can keep the secret, go for it!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wantanother, how exciting about Thursday! You must come post scan pics for us ... ELP's were really FAB! Even if you can't see that nub scans are so fun, and I love the early pics.

LOL, to you guys cheering me on with my secret scan plan! I do think I can keep a secret, in fact I am sure of it, but I will say this: if it is a boy, I'll have NO trouble/guilt keeping it to myself. But if it is a girl, on the rare days that DH says something or another about "maybe" it being a boy (he thinks it is a girl, b/c why on earth would we make a boy this time?!?!), I'll be eaten up knowing that it isn't. Does that make sense? So anyhow ... I did check out scan places/prices, and my current plan is IF I can't see enough to know at our next scan (16-17 weeks, so in about 2 weeks time) and IF I really am just going crazy, I'll book one ... but FX I get a big enough hint at our scan and then I don't have the moral dilemma, LOL!

My other concern is that while I actually feel pretty great about the idea of girl #3 right now, IF I find out it is a girl ... will I have GD? I think it is totally possible. But I think if I wait it out I'll be a-ok with a sweet baby girl when I'm holding her.

Decisions, decisions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    B, I can honestly say that if you wait, and meet a sweet little lady at birth, you will hold her, look at her and say 'Do you know what little one, your gorgeous, you would have been the tiniest fraction more gorgeous if you had a little extra bit, but your mine and nothing in this world is ever gonna harm you' and this feeling will probably last about 10 minutes?? Then your mothers defensive instincts kick in, and God help anybody who dares says 'Never mind, you can get a boy next time.' GRRR!!!!! Go straight for the eyes

But!! If you do find out and its a boy then happy days!!! And if its a girl and you feel like letting DH down gently then think of it as telling a child that Father Christmas doesn't exist and they should grow up! Your DH is going to fall in love with who ever he meets in that delivery room, he's gonna fall in love with you all over again aswell like they do lol, soppy fools

Decisions!!!! I know WE want a sneak peek of who you got, but if you can hold off and you've never held off before then its a whole new torturous, mind screwing, exciting experience!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    WantA, great gestation for a scan!!!! Have you looked through loads of ultrasound clips on you tube??? Kind of like homework Then YOU will know what your seeing even if the tech prints you some inconclusive pictures Best of luck with your blue, I've got a very lucky feeling about this site!!!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ELP View Post
    but if you can hold off and you've never held off before then its a whole new torturous, mind screwing, exciting experience!!!
    LOL! This is the BEST description of what the wait is! I actually had a dream last night that I went to the private scan and found out it was a boy, and instead of being thrilled I was quite angry with myself for ruining the surprise. I think deep down I really, really want to wait ... but aaaaargh ... patience is NOT something I have EVER been good about!

And ITA with re: to the DH ... I think it would be OK to let him hold onto the hope even if I did go find out and it is a girl

We'll see ... the place I was looking at online will do the scan at 16 weeks, which is shockingly close! I mean, I could know in like ... 9 days?!?!!? Tempting for sure!!!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ELP, I have looked at TONS of 13 week scans, including my son's. I don't see a darn thing most of the time LOL! I just bought a new printer/scanner, hopefully I can get it up and running by next weekend so I can post the pics.

According to Intelligender, it's a boy, which probably means it's a girl! Either way, I'll find out for sure Sept. 30. My friend is an u/s tech & promised me a freebie. I know she won't stop staring at that screen until she can tell me for sure what it is.

Oh begonia, what a tough decision!! When I do find out the gender, I'm not telling anyone, at least not at first, so maybe we'll both be keeping a big secret!

Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast