Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Don't do it Begonia!!!!! It is such an amazing moment, meeting your wet little babe and discovering(before anybody else does)what you have. I've experienced both knowing and not, and hands down, the surprise is sooooo totally worth the torturous wait! I wouldn't even want to look at a nub shot as I just couldn't jeopardize the surprise Just my 2 cents ofcourse! Oh and I secretly found out with DS2 and it sucked. My hubby was certain he was a girl(which of course is what I was hoping for!)and when we'd go shopping he'd pick out cute girl outfits and show me, he wanted to find the perfect girl name, he would say "she" all the time. I on the otherhand had to pretend that my mommy instinct was telling me boy it sucked to pretend I didn't know. Anyhow.....sorry to crash and be a party pooper xoxo good luck with your decision!
    Crunchy Mama to 3 rambunctious boys~ '06 :bike: '08 '10

Our beautiful is here!!

Felina Lilyanne was born at home ~ 4/12!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    DM you're always welcome, I think there's no such thing as crashing Seriously though ... I was just saying to the blue crew that I will be more proud of myself if I can wait til delivery than I would be of myself for having an unmedicated birth, that's how against my very nature it is to wait on things! I could handle another month or so of waiting but heavens ... 6 more?!?! I ordered a couch yesterday that won't arrive til January and I was like, that is FOREVER away ... and EVEN then I still will be pregnant and not knowing what I'm having. Can I reeeeeally do this?!?!?

I'm going to try. I'm hoping the sonographer accidentally tells me, LOL, then I find out but it isn't my fault

I can't believe you sneaky-found-out once! I see you as such a zen mama Thanks so much for sharing your experiences; I think you're fab and such an asset to this board!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by begonia View Post
    DM you're always welcome, I think there's no such thing as crashing Thank you Seriously though ... I was just saying to the blue crew that I will be more proud of myself if I can wait til delivery than I would be of myself for having an unmedicated birth, that's how against my very nature it is to wait on things! I could handle another month or so of waiting but heavens ... 6 more?!?! I ordered a couch yesterday that won't arrive til January and I was like, that is FOREVER away ... and EVEN then I still will be pregnant and not knowing what I'm having. Can I reeeeeally do this?!?!? You know what....It was torturous up until the 19w scan point....and then after that point I actually didn't really think about it too much. I had no way of finding out because I didn't want to have any scans so all that was left to do was wait. It wasn't that bad until the 39 week point! LOL

I'm going to try. I'm hoping the sonographer accidentally tells me, LOL, then I find out but it isn't my fault

I can't believe you sneaky-found-out once! I see you as such a zen mama Thanks so much for sharing your experiences; I think you're fab and such an asset to this board!
    HA! Nope! Zen when it comes to pregnancy and birth, etc.....but not when it comes to the sex of my baby! If I'm totally honest...I found out secretly with DS1 as well I went to my 18w scan and tried desperately to change my hubby's mind about finding out. It was a no-go I was so torn up about not knowing that I paid $200 dollars to get a scan at 26w at one of those u/s places that women go to for fun. LOL! I had GD right away. I spen the rest of my pregnancy hoping they were wrong but I knew that the penis I saw on the u/s was real deal. Fast forward to DS2 and they didn't let my family into the scan until after the measurements were taken. I asked to sonographer to write it down on a piece of paper and keep it hush hush. She did. I opened it up in the little room that you change your clothes in....and sobbed. My hubby had already left to go back to work and I drove home....I was a mess. I regretted opening that paper for the next 22 weeks and vowed I would never find out again. So...that's my story. No one knows I ever found out except 2 very close friends. Anyhow......it will most likely be difficult not knowing for some time yet but there will be a point that you don't think about it nearly as much as you do now. The excitement at the end is so worth the wait!!! xoxoxo

Our beautiful is here!!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Awww, DM, I want to hug you after reading that story. I really, really hope you get a sweet DD this time. But if not I know you're in a good place with the outcome ... but still, I'm giving you every ounce of pink dust I have! OK I keep wanting to ask you how're you feeling about the twin potential these days? Are you still thinking that *might* be going on?!?

It's funny but a friend of mine who didn't find out told me the exact same thing, that once she got past her big scan around 20 weeks she really didn't think about it much. I'm hoping that is true for me too!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    B- I forgot to say THANK-YOU for saying such sweet things about me I have to say ditto to the compliment above. You make me laugh and always come across as positive and supportive-which you absolutely are! xoxox ((hugs)) Thank you for all your pink dust! I'm really in a place right now that is ok with whatever I get.....it may change before babe comes but right now I feel good with a healthy baby. My boys are so incredible with each other that I know another little boy would just fit in so well! Oh about the twin thing.....my uterus is about 1.5 inches above the pubic bone but I just took a measuring tape and looked at my fundus height and it's right on for 9 weeks! YAY!!!! I guess my pubic bone must be shorter than average. What a relief! Twins would put my hubby over the edge into the madness category....LOL! I know I wouldn't be far behind! hahaha!
    Anyway, I can't believe you are 15w already!!! Holy shnikeys! Time flies I betcha in about 6 weeks time you won't be thinking nearly as much about what's in your belly xoxo I'm guessing your girls know? What have they said??

Our beautiful is here!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh My gosh--Begonia I'm in the same boat. I was totally team green and hoping to wait to find out BUT...everyone on this site and coldwater on IG saw my nub and thought it was a girrrrl! Now I am so desperate to know, yet I don't want to know. What do I do?? I was so happy with having DS4 and being done...now that there is the possibility that this may be my girl, I don't want to miss out on the joy on pink shopping (cause we all know, realistically how much shopping can I do once I have a newborn and three kids who hate shopping to tote around??) I keep thinking I can't put anymore energy looking for a boy name that I actually like, and I can be in pure heaven for the next 6 months if it is a girl RIGHT?? BUTTTT if it is another wonderful boy, well, the excitement wont be as great and I will kick myself for not waiting. PLUS I don't want anyone to know....I want to make all the family wait. They are all urging me to find out and it makes me more angry. my MIL asked dh last night when we will find out and he told her well, it depends on if I wanna know. It made me happy he said that and I felt like being a brat and now I wanna make everyone wait!
    3 handsome s!
    our sway worked!
    Thought we were done...but expecting a surprise #5 nub looks promising for --shock of our life!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    IF you get a chance, can you girls please look at my NT video I just posted on the US board? Maybe if I get some good expert advice on what you think I may be having, that will satisfy me and I will wait til birth. I really wanna be strong enough to wait (plus I wanna make everyone else --our families--wait too....tee hee hee--yes I am evil) LOL! I'm just so tired of hearing all the "do you think it's another boy comments" or "I hope it's your girl" from all the family just waiting to find out. I'm gonna torture them LOL! You can see my pregnancy hormones are kicking in!
    3 handsome s!
    our sway worked!
    Thought we were done...but expecting a surprise #5 nub looks promising for --shock of our life!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DoulaMama View Post
    I'm really in a place right now that is ok with whatever I get.....it may change before babe comes but right now I feel good with a healthy baby.
    This is how I feel too! PHEW. Unfortunately I think the fact that I feel OK with either is what is making me MORE inclined to find out, LOL ... I thought it would make me LESS so, since I'd be happy with either. But like Glitter ... I'd love to not have to go through picking out another girl name. Sheesh .... I can't even begin. I already told DH we're not talking names til week 39 I'm glad to hear the twin thing isn't as big of a concern now! We STILL haven't told the girls, LOL! I can't believe it ... but I'm really not looking pg so it isn't like it will make sense to my 2 year old. My 5 year old was 3 when we told her about DD2 on the way (they are 3.5 years apart) and she was fine with the news, not thrilled but not upset, and I expect the same reaction again. She is a great big sis but really has never been too interested in babies! We're moving in 6 weeks so I'm thinking we'll tell them then by pointing out where the nursery will be

Glitter, I totally get your point! If you find out then will you keep it a secret from everyone but DH? Because really, with Coldwater saying girl .... I'd say odds are better than 90% that you'll hear girl. Oh it's so tough!!! If you hear girl do you think you can hide all that pink shopping!?! And ... I think odds are slim, but if you hear boy, will you be OK? Or will you wish you waited?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Begonia--I think the main reason I want to wait is that if I hear BOY at delivery, I will be so overjoyed and happy that it will make no difference to me because I will be holding my sweet baby (I waited w DS2 and it was wonderful)...I am dreading trying to come up with another name though. BUT....If I knew it was a girl now, then I can really enjoy all the fun things about having a baby of the opposite sex...I would feel the same if I had 3 DG and was expecting a boy... All the new things I get to buy, changing the nursery around, etc.-for me it's not so much having a girl as it is just having a different gender child that will feel so new and exciting and different. I get 6 months of that. If I wait and hear girl, well that's awesome too but I'm afraid I will miss out on all that stuff cause just having a newborn and breastfeeding and getting a routine down with the other kids will be overwhelming enough. Anyway I think I have made up my mind for now. I may ask the tech to show me the parts and let me guess in my head but never give me a definite answer. I am so horrible at US guessing (I guessed on so many on IG and I'm only 50/50 right LOL). I think deep in my heart, I'm going to just nubsess the whole 9 months and wait.
    DM--I always love reading your posts--you said it perfectly...the joy of holding that newborn is so awesome and since we are planning to have this be our last, I might as well enjoy one of the only true surprises there is
    3 handsome s!
    our sway worked!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Glittergirl View Post
    Anyway I think I have made up my mind for now. I may ask the tech to show me the parts and let me guess in my head but never give me a definite answer.
    Glitter this is what I was thinking I might do, if DH isn't at the next scan ... if he's there, I'll totally go along with the whole not-finding-out business. Bah. But I got my way 2x, he can have his once

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast