Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Begonia - I'll miss you but I understand and I'm sure you're doing the right thing for your sanity. Please, please do pop back every now and again and let us know how you are and what you're up to though

Flava - I'm going to try and wait until after our 12 week u/s to tell the world this time around, mainly because I don't want the boys to hear that mummy has a baby in her tummy until we're sure that everything is ok. So I'll keep my trap shut for them!! Did you spotting stop after that one time? How are you feeling?

Mocha - I do have a good relationship with my colleague but she's the sort of person you would be silly to trust with a secret iykwim! In a way I'd rather she got to 'fess up (if indeed she is pregnant!) first because I don't want to steal her thunder - and I've done this a few times lately I'll be looking for advice when it comes to telling my other colleague though - she is having trouble ttc, has been on clomid and looks to be going down the IVF route and tells me a fair bit about it all. That will be difficult.

DM - I had considered giving my midwife the date 14 days before my ovulation date too but I ovulated early in my cycle and I would rather have a later due date because I don't want to be cajooled into having an induction if I go overdue! That said, I don't suppose it makes much difference as the date will be adjusted at my 12 week scan if it's different to what they calculate now. Sod it, I'll do the O-14 day thing then I'll get my scan earlier!!
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by zanacal View Post
    DM - I had considered giving my midwife the date 14 days before my ovulation date too but I ovulated early in my cycle and I would rather have a later due date because I don't want to be cajooled into having an induction if I go overdue! That said, I don't suppose it makes much difference as the date will be adjusted at my 12 week scan if it's different to what they calculate now. Sod it, I'll do the O-14 day thing then I'll get my scan earlier!!
    Oh I don't think I would I move the date if I knew they would move my due date up by a few days...in your case let them have your LMP and you gain a few precious days! I also DO NOT ever let an u/s determine when I'm due if KNOW the day I ovulated. A machine cannot accurately know when your baby is due....u/s's are notoriously wrong. They can put that down in their paperwork if they wish, but my 40 weeks are up when I tell them. It's the same with going overdue....if I feel baby is fine at 42w.....we're not inducing. End of discussion. They can't drop care, and they can't force you to do anything against your will. We hire the Dr.'s and MW's and we are in charge of our health and well being. Sorry...just a rant.....I just hate seeing others worried about due dates etc as when it comes down to it....it doesn't really matter because we can refuse their inductions, the "necessary" c-sections, etc.

Being a VBAC is very difficult in this country. Mocha- just know that with a second VBAC you have a .03% higher chance at rupture than a person who has never had a section. Basically, you have a better chance at getting hit with your sons school bus.... LOL

xoxo
    Crunchy Mama to 3 rambunctious boys~ '06 :bike: '08 '10

Our beautiful is here!!

Felina Lilyanne was born at home ~ 4/12!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You're preaching to the converted DM! None of my others have been particularly late anyway (+2 days, +3 days and -1 day) so it hopefully won't be something I have to deal with.
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks, DM - I did LOTS of research before my first VBAC, so I'm secure in how safe it is. I was induced with my twins since it was my first pregnancy and I didn't know how to advocate for myself yet (I was only 37 weeks 5 days, so no wonder the induction wasn't successful!), but ds3 came one day before his due date, so hopefully I won't go late this time.
    Identical Twin Boys, May 2006

DS3, June 2009

Lost at 11 Weeks, November 2011

DD, September 2012

I can't believe I have a daughter!
    Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mochagirl View Post
    Thanks, DM - I did LOTS of research before my first VBAC, so I'm secure in how safe it is. I was induced with my twins since it was my first pregnancy and I didn't know how to advocate for myself yet (I was only 37 weeks 5 days, so no wonder the induction wasn't successful!), but ds3 came one day before his due date, so hopefully I won't go late this time.
    Mine have come earlier and earlier...I'm hoping for the same thing too Although one of my close friends had 2 at 38 weeks and her last was 41+5! Yikes.....I'm really hoping that never happens again....LOL

Quote Originally Posted by zanacal View Post
    You're preaching to the converted DM! None of my others have been particularly late anyway (+2 days, +3 days and -1 day) so it hopefully won't be something I have to deal with.
    Sorry for the preaching!! I went to +11 with one of mine and it was HELL at the Dr's office. I just remember how much they pushed me into unwanted procedures etc and how much I'd regretted it afterwards
    Crunchy Mama to 3 rambunctious boys~ '06 :bike: '08 '10

Our beautiful is here!!

Felina Lilyanne was born at home ~ 4/12!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We'll miss you Begonia--I totally understand how you feel, having three boys and this is our last baby. Dh may want more, but in my heart I know I am done!!! I never wanted 5 kids, 4 was always maximum, it's the most I can have and still be 100% involved in their lives and be an active mommy! I would probably have to take a break too if I hear boy at my US (still not sure if I'm team green). I never had GD with #3 until I discovered IG. the more I saw women who wanted a Girl, the more it made me want one, need one.... and I do think these kinds of sites bring it on. Anyway, enjoy your Pink bundle--we will all be thinking of you!!! And I love your attitude--hope I have that if I hear boy!
    3 handsome s!
    our sway worked!
    Thought we were done...but expecting a surprise #5 nub looks promising for --shock of our life!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome Flava and Mocha!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    B, I underStand you having a break It iS Soooo nice to eScape the computer for a While and rejoin the real World! Concentrate on the houSe, kidS, XmaS!! I'll pm you aSWell When i get my neW keyboard, i feel retarded on thiS one GRRR!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh it's so sad B. is gone! She was always so nice to me. I get it why it was hard with DD4 back on IG and I didn't even have a nice group there like B. have here. No1 really talked to me after I said girl ...

Z- no more spotting! I really hope it's a sticky baby!
    +1

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi, guys. I really need to catch up w/this thread but I'm just jumping in right now to say, Begonia, my heart is breaking into a million pieces for you. By November I'll probably in the exact same situation. You do what you need to do to get through this. Just know that ALL OF US are sending you lots and lots of good thoughts and we are thinking of you. XXXX
    Jen + DH = & ... '08 & '10..........and hopefully 2012
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Suddenly surrounded by angels, we are honored and humbled to be the parents of our twins - 8wks and 16 wks (girl)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My Ovulation Chart for a R A I N B O W in 2012

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast