Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2937383940 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks DM - I hope the hospital I use this time is as good as the last one, but with them training their staff in aromatherapy that's a good indication that they're supportive of natural birthing where possible. To be honest, I think most maternity units in the UK are but they're extremely short staffed and pulled in different directions a lot of the time. I don't envy being in their position! We're not that close to the hospital - probably around 40 minutes and we'll need to sort out childcare before we set off. Eek!

I'm sorry you feel so rubbish Inglewood - do your work know that you're pregnant? My 12 week scan is a week on Thursday (when I'll actually be 13 weeks!) so I'm excited for that, though at the same time worried to make sure everything's ok. I feel less worried having seen bubba on screen at the beginning of this week though! When is your next scan?

Mocha, that sounds awful! ELP's suggestion about the coughing forcing the blood out sounds quite possible and I have had days when I've had loads of yellow cm too. Get well soon x

I set my alarm for every 2 hours during the night to make sure my bladder didn't get too full - but apparently I wake around every 1.5 hours anyway!!
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ELP View Post
    Mocha, if your coughing alot then I would guess that the brownish cm is just old stuff literally being forced out of your body with the coughs Nothing to worry about and may not have even showed up without the cough!

DM, keep the rants coming!! I'm sure so many of us will go into the L&D rooms when time comes feeling alot more confident with what we're doing I'm hoping to be able to post on here from the delivery room for company as I go in alone and last time texting the family really comforted me, hope your online around mid-March
    I'll be here, Hunny! You just let me know if you need some support and I'll do whatever I can for you!! xoxo I'm sure there are a few people sick of the birth talk...LOL The birth junkie inside of me just can't control it sometimes!!
    Crunchy Mama to 3 rambunctious boys~ '06 :bike: '08 '10

Our beautiful is here!!

Felina Lilyanne was born at home ~ 4/12!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    DM - don't worry - I didn't think you were telling me my mw is rubbish!

Oh, and for the record, the blood wasn't from the epi. I gushed blood at every contraction from the onset of active labour. The midwife admitted to me later she was a bit nervous about it, actually.
    Identical Twin Boys, May 2006

DS3, June 2009

Lost at 11 Weeks, November 2011

DD, September 2012

I can't believe I have a daughter!
    Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mochagirl View Post
    DM - don't worry - I didn't think you were telling me my mw is rubbish!

Oh, and for the record, the blood wasn't from the epi. I gushed blood at every contraction from the onset of active labour. The midwife admitted to me later she was a bit nervous about it, actually.
    TBH I would have been nervous too!! Hmmmm...wonder if there was a partial plancental abruption which is why he had breathing issues for a bit. Did you gave sharp abdominal pain(if you recall)?

Our beautiful is here!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hmmm...don't remember. This is likely unrelated, but when he was born the mw discovered a full, tight knot in his cord. She'd never seen anything like it after a healthy birth. I even took a picture of it it was so freaky.
    Identical Twin Boys, May 2006

DS3, June 2009

Lost at 11 Weeks, November 2011

DD, September 2012

I can't believe I have a daughter!
    Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by zanacal View Post
    Thanks DM - I hope the hospital I use this time is as good as the last one, but with them training their staff in aromatherapy that's a good indication that they're supportive of natural birthing where possible. To be honest, I think most maternity units in the UK are but they're extremely short staffed and pulled in different directions a lot of the time. I don't envy being in their position! We're not that close to the hospital - probably around 40 minutes and we'll need to sort out childcare before we set off. Eek!

I'm sorry you feel so rubbish Inglewood - do your work know that you're pregnant? My 12 week scan is a week on Thursday (when I'll actually be 13 weeks!) so I'm excited for that, though at the same time worried to make sure everything's ok. I feel less worried having seen bubba on screen at the beginning of this week though! When is your next scan?

Mocha, that sounds awful! ELP's suggestion about the coughing forcing the blood out sounds quite possible and I have had days when I've had loads of yellow cm too. Get well soon x

I set my alarm for every 2 hours during the night to make sure my bladder didn't get too full - but apparently I wake around every 1.5 hours anyway!!
    Yay for being up every 1.5hrs... it's the same story here I feel your pain, Z. So no issues last night?

Oh and you're right- the day that any of our hospitals introduces aromatherapy to the birthing rooms...Pigs will fly I'd say you have a really great hospital and hopefully they'll respect your wishes! 40 minutes...that's a ways to go but if you get to the hospital too early for your comfort (and you have the funds)you could always rent a hotel room real close by and go in when you feel ready.

Our beautiful is here!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mochagirl View Post
    Hmmm...don't remember. This is likely unrelated, but when he was born the mw discovered a full, tight knot in his cord. She'd never seen anything like it after a healthy birth. I even took a picture of it it was so freaky.
    Wow! Well that could have contributed to the breathing issues. Although the Wharton's Jelly(thick jelly in the cord that allows the cord to be compressed without the arteries being "cut-off" so to speak) should help, it can sometimes be a very tight knot and baby can have issues. It sounds like there were a few things going on! I'm so positive that this birth will be straight forward and easier!! xoxo

Our beautiful is here!!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    MomtoRJA from IG also had a true knot in her daughter's cord and had a totally normal pg and birth.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I admire u too Mocha having the VBAC. I've had 2 c-sections and wouldn't like to attempt VBAC with the twins! My midwife did suggest I try at my book in , but now it's twins they have recommended a section. Which I agree with, too scared to have a VBAC x2!
    2002 2006

IDENTICAL TWIN born 3rd April 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by zanacal View Post
    Sure everything will be fine! 13wks will be a great nub time! will u ask for a nub shot?? My work know I am pg and are being great, but nightshift is tough on my body the best of times..... my next scan is a wk on tues.
    2002 2006

IDENTICAL TWIN born 3rd April 2012

Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2937383940 LastLast