Downloads
    Uploads
    That's a really sweet story, pp
    Identical Twin Boys, May 2006

DS3, June 2009

Lost at 11 Weeks, November 2011

DD, September 2012

I can't believe I have a daughter!
    Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, the round ligament pain has definitely started. With this nasty cough I have, all my abdominal muscles or sore, but there's one spot down low on the left near my groin that experiences a terrible sharp pain every time I cough. I was starting to worry I had a hernia, then I realised this was probably just round ligament pain. Luckily after some googling I found a way for a bit of relief. Turns out if you flex your hips (sometimes I actually bring my knees to my chest) before coughing, the pain is lessened A LOT. Thank goodness, because I thought I was going to die the other night when I got a long coughing spell in bed and felt like my abdomen was going to rip open!

A funny story too - my brother and SIL were visiting my dad in the hospital yesterday, and my Mom said that out of the blue my SIL, who I've never been close with, started quizzing my Mom about how I'd lost so much weight (she hasn't seen me since I was still a size 00, right after my BFP). She's a yo-yo dieter and has never found anything that worked and is quite heavy right now. My mom knows why I dieted and even a few details of what the diet was like, but didn't share any info with SIL other than to say she knows I cut out salt and watched what I ate. My SIL told her she was going to call me to get the details. I'm not sure what I'll tell her when/if she calls. I haven't told any family members other than my Mom that I'm pregnant, but I'm 10.5 weeks and will likely tell them all after my scan in a week and half. I don't want any of them to know the extent of my swaying, but am not afraid to say I purposely lost weight because studies show that can help you conceive a girl (they all know how badly I want a girl). My SIL is a strong believer in Atkins type diets - eating almost pure protein and steering clear of all carbs. I even remember her giving me lectures about the 'right' way to lose weight and how carbs are evil and should be avoided. I'd really like to see her face when she hears I lost 20 lbs eating almost nothing but carbs and practically no protein!
    Identical Twin Boys, May 2006

DS3, June 2009

Lost at 11 Weeks, November 2011

DD, September 2012

I can't believe I have a daughter!
    Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mocha - that is a good story. sorry about the pain. I wish pregnancy could be easy and pain free because you still have give birth later. The things we women do to give the world the most beautiful thing ever.

I used to wear a belly band. I had a size that was smaller then what I should have been wearing but it helps for the stomach pain.
    2007 2008 2009 2010
    2012 twin

DADDY wants

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by purplepoet20 View Post
    I met the sweetest little girl yesterday, while visiting a local farm to order our meat (organic and local). The little girl was crying because her family had moved here from Ohio a week ago and she lost her doll somewhere along the way. Her mom has been looking for a similar doll but because it was handmade by the girls grandma no one has it. I asked if they had a picture and the mom pulled it out of her purse. I couldn't believe it but I told them I have the pattern. One that my great grandma bought when I was a kid. I offered to make a doll for the girl and she came over last night to feel the fabric (trying to match what she had). She looked around my house and asked if I had a girl, I said no, and she said that she hopes I have a girl so I can make her a doll.

I was able to sew the doll in a short time last night and I just delivered it... never been so proud of something as simple as a little 10inch cloth doll.
    You are so nice this is a sweet story! You should have take a pic !
    +1

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I forgot the picture. I was in a hurry to get it to her because she was so sad. It was a very simple doll and I am getting my own pattern ready since it has been on hold for so long. I will take pictures of mine when I am done.
    2007 2008 2009 2010
    2012 twin

DADDY wants

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok I like to see the doll ! You know I wish I can go to a local farmer to get meat.
    I think you should change the blue cheerleader to a pink one in your siggi. Look like you cheer for blue!
    +1

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    never thought about the blue cheerleader... I don't care for cheerleaders (sorry to anyone). I wish they had a purple crawling baby!
    2007 2008 2009 2010
    2012 twin

DADDY wants

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    TGIT(Thank G_d it's Thursday.... ) cause I am exhausted Oh and Mocha I feel your(RL) pain! It's so frickin bad this time! Every time I stand too quickly, get out of bed, sneeze, cough....ugh!!!! At least my sciatica hasn't kicked in yet....when that hits I'll be a total mess. One thing that I find helps with the RL pain.....if you massage down by the pubic bone where the round ligament attaches....it helps a lot! My chiropractor helps me with the stretching while I'm there...she's one of my favorite people for a few days after

PP- Very sweet story It feels so nice to do those things for people hey? I love doing the same thing

Flava- I'm waiting for the day that I get to make you a sweet little boy blankie!!! xoxo

Z- How the pee situation??? I hope it's starting to subside((HUGS))

OK...so one more name question and I swear not to bother you all again....

We are a definite yes on Rhoslyn Lily....
    My MIL's name is(was...she passed 5y ago) Lillian but we always called her Lily.
    So, my mom has said a few times, "please don't use my name at all, ok!!!" because she hates her name. Beverley Anne....
    Well, I know we will not have any other children and I'm soooo close to my mom, I feel very pulled to use her middle name.

So, I have 1 middle name for all my boys....would it seem like special treatment to give my daughter 2 middle names....am I over thinking this?
    Plus, does Rhoslyn Lily Anne sound ok? It's just so odd for me to say 2 middle names....Thank you girls
    Crunchy Mama to 3 rambunctious boys~ '06 :bike: '08 '10

Our beautiful is here!!

Felina Lilyanne was born at home ~ 4/12!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mochagirl View Post
    Thanks, ladies! I'm not a big fan of dressing girls in pink, frilly stuff, either. I love girl clothes in brown with just hints of pink or blue.
    Ohhh.....me too I love bright hints of colour My fave colour combo is teal/orange I plan on using more colour but not tons of pink. Like P said earlier...I'm not wanting the pepto bismol look in our house
    Crunchy Mama to 3 rambunctious boys~ '06 :bike: '08 '10

Our beautiful is here!!

Felina Lilyanne was born at home ~ 4/12!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DoulaMama View Post
    BTW, GG what did your hubby say???
    He was so happy--like I said, initially he's the one that longed for a DD. But he's so crazy....as I was getting all excited last night, he's like now just remember u/s are not 100% correct and I have had several parents get told the wrong sex (he's a pediatrician) and I said now why did you have to go and say that!!?? Seriously??!! Are you gonna push me over the edge and have me get a million more opinions??! MEN!
    3 handsome s!
    our sway worked!
    Thought we were done...but expecting a surprise #5 nub looks promising for --shock of our life!

Page 11 of 52 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast