Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yay Inglewood! There's absolutely no way you have a boy in there.....no more worrying!!! LOL Have fun PINK shopping!

Hi Mocha! How are you feeling, Hun?

Z- Here's a bunch of quilts that I found that are simple enough for me to make and I can always make them smaller(crib size or lap size). Enjoy looking!
    Moda Bake Shop: Jumbo Coins Baby Quilt

Moda Bake Shop: Sugar Garden Throw Quilt

Moda Bake Shop: Convertible Crib Quilt

Moda Bake Shop: Sugar Baby Quilt

Moda Bake Shop: It's a Hoot Baby Quilt

Moda Bake Shop: Building Blocks Baby Quilt

Moda Bake Shop: Java Stars

Moda Bake Shop: Get Framed

Moda Bake Shop: Meandering Path Quilt

Moda Bake Shop: His & Hers Personalized Baby Quilts

Moda Bake Shop: Random Reflections

Moda Bake Shop: Ruffle Quilt

Moda Bake Shop: Life Cycles Quilt

Moda Bake Shop: Welcome Spring

Moda Bake Shop: Verna's Flower Quilt

Moda Bake Shop: Scruffily Quilt

The Button Bush - Patterns Scroll down to Candy Hearts quilt

With a Mei Tai, you can wear a newborn in them but you have to froggy the legs. After the 3-4 month mark, you can put their legs out like normal and it's much more comfy for them. I used to use a wrap for my newborn but after discovering an upright hold in a ring sling....I've never gone back. It's easier to get them in a secure hold, it's less wrapping which equals less hassle and less fabric around you in the warm weather. No huge trails of fabric to keep off the ground if you were to put her on you at the grocery store etc. I think I posted a pic of me on here awhile back...it was the day that my DS3 was born and he was in my ring sling. It's the BEST for newborn wearing. I've just purchased a Boba 3G and it's also great for newborn wearing but the same thing applies...you have to froggy their little legs until they are a bit older and 2 of my kids hated being froggied. They liked having their legs out of the carrier. Once they are a bit bigger, the Mei Tai is seriously awesome I really love it. It's totally adjustable around your waist and the straps can be made in whatever width/length you need. I put a huge sleeping hood on it so it covers them from the sun and holds their head upright. I can make it out of whatever fabric you like I usually use twill or cord for the straps. The only thing about them is that with straps as long as they are(you wrap them around your chest/baby to secure)if it's yucky outside they can get dirty real fast. With a buckle carrier, there's no straps to drag in the water/dirt.

In regards to wearing a newborn....I'm a local babywearing helper to a babywearing teacher here in our town, and the only newborn/child carrier you really should never use is the forward facing(think Bjorn, Snuggly)crotch dangling carriers. They are TERRIBLE for babies. Even facing in towards you, they still stink. They cut off circulation to the legs and the legs should never dangle like that. The knees should be up at the same height as the hips. Plus, they should never forward face because the spine should never be put in that position....as well as it's just too much stimulation for them to face outwards. They start doing the arm flail and it's a sign of overstimulation. They need to safely be able to hide their face if they feel overwhelmed, so having your back or chest to bury their face into is a must. Just a plug for proper babywearing.... LOL
    Here's me and Harry...fast asleep This is very similar to the one I make.

Last edited by DoulaMama; January 10th, 2012 at 06:26 PM.
    Crunchy Mama to 3 rambunctious boys~ '06 :bike: '08 '10

Our beautiful is here!!

Felina Lilyanne was born at home ~ 4/12!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    DM, what a super talented lady you are!!! My MIL makes quilts like that and I'm so grateful to her. It's an amazing talent to make things like that and I'm super envious. Cute photo too, sleepy boy!! xx
    2002 2006

IDENTICAL TWIN born 3rd April 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DoulaMama View Post
    You know what sucks about finding out the gender secretly? Having to look for boy names when you know damn well you won't be needing one! LOL

How is everyone???
    Just tell your partner to choose the boys name, you won't have to worry if it's a name you don't like.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm doing ok, ladies. The nausea kicked in last night and I spent all of today feeling hungover. Normally I'd be upset, but at this point I'm happy to have symptoms since I think my symptomless pregnancy last time was a huge warning sign. As I watch all you ladies shopping for pink it makes me more impatient than ever to find out the gender. Only 15 weeks to go! Sigh.....
    Identical Twin Boys, May 2006

DS3, June 2009

Lost at 11 Weeks, November 2011

DD, September 2012

I can't believe I have a daughter!
    Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    DM wow--I am so interested in carrying the baby like that! I've always been a little worried they may not be able to breath very well. for ds1 and 2 I used the chest facing baby bjorn but even then I think they were a few moths old. I bought a little cloth sling for DS3 when he was born and he always looked like he may suffocate all buried in there and it scared me. So what do you recommend for a newborn? I love how you have DS on your back like that but he looks a little older right? Like maybe 3 months? I want to buy a cloth sling I can carry baby around in the house and have my hands free and I'm thinking something very lightweight and airy since I live in AZ and it gets 115 in the summers here!! Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

On a side note: I went with my son to a bday party this weekend and a mom there went on and on how her friend was told girl at 3 different ultrasounds and it ended up being a boy! she went on to say her friend had a major depression and it took her very long to get over that and bond with the baby!!! does that happen? I mean, I only had one ultrasound and now I'm scared to death. my poor sister has planned this huge pink shower for me and I'm thinking I should get another ultrasound. what do you all think? DH is totally opposed to another US as he feels they are not good for a developing baby and I should just get the minimum needed (he's a physician) and he went on to explain studies on too many US. Should I just book a quick shot of the goods and not tell him? that mom at the birthday really got me worried when I told her we are having a girl. she's like "you know those aren't always accurate!" UGH why do people do that and to add to it....other's chimed in on wrong ultrasound predictions!!! What's funny.....when i was preg with ds3 I loved hearing wrong u/s predictions...it gave me hope !!!!
    3 handsome s!
    our sway worked!
    Thought we were done...but expecting a surprise #5 nub looks promising for --shock of our life!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Ingelwood! I love creating! It's been a passion of mine since I was 13yo I love to crochet, sew, quilt and I'm just getting into knitting as well as hand dying, wool roving and hand spinning it! Lots of fun! I hope you get some gorgeous blankies from your Mum in law!

Mocha- I'm sorry to hear that you feel crappy...but at the same time...thrilled! Here's to a beautiful, straightforward, healthy pregnancy! xoxox

GG- Here's a link to a fantastic site: TheBabyWearer.com

You may have to sign up to read the forums but it's all about babywearing! As long as you do it with the right carrier based on baby's age so it's safe and baby is correctly placed in the carrier, baby will be fine! I wore my DS2 and 3 from birth I've even mastered a high back carry with a newborn! Oh the looks I get!
    As long as you have help the first few times, you can master getting them on you quite quickly. I really think that a ring sling or wrap is the way to go for a newborn...but in your case...a ring sling(RS). RS's are lighter, more breathable, easier to take on and off and if you need to nurse baby, they have a "tail" that can be thrown over the baby so you are covered(if that's a worry to you). Here's a link to a youtube video of a tummy-to-tummy wear in a RS:
    newborn - tummy to tummy carry (legs in) in a ring sling - Sakura Bloom - YouTube This lady does it perfectly

Once they need to have their little legs out the bottom of the carrier, you don't need to have the pouch section created with the RS anymore and it looks more like this:
    Tummy to tummy - legs out - YouTube

There are so many different RS's out there to purchase....
    I like the slings made by this company: sleeping baby productions | gallery (pic number 5 of the gallery is a good example of her work). I sent her a long wrap and she "slingified" it for me(made it into a sling). This is me and Harry about 8 hours after he was born. He lived in that sling
    sling.jpg
    I like this sling because the shoulder is incredibly comfortable(accordion style instead of padded)for me but some mama's prefer a padded shoulder like on this RS: Maya Wrap Baby Sling I drool over this one....but I have the burnt orange in this sling. Most nice RS's are going to be at least 70+ if you want a sturdy, nice quality carrier...which I wholeheartedly recommend You can resell them once you are done with them and they keep their value or you can gift them to a new mommy

If you sign up for the babywearer site, they have an entire section dedicated to RS's...and Mei Tai's, and wraps and structured carriers....you name it! It's a great place to find out what will suit you best
    Here's a pic of me with my 7w old(DS2) in a Mei Tai.
    sling2.jpg
    His legs are froggied inside the carrier and I can see his head position from the top of the carrier. You want to make sure their little head does not flop forward creating restriction when they breathe. This is why it's easier for new babywearer's to use a ring sling because the baby is more visible and you have to be more aware of their head position.
    Here is my DS2 in a RS at 7w old- I don't need to be holding his bum at all as he's in there snug as a bug, but I can't help but put my hands on their sweet little bottom's when they're being worn ....LOL

sling3.jpg

If you have any other questions just let me know, GG!!
    xoxo J

Our beautiful is here!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    And to answer your second question...I'm with your DH You don't need another u/s. You're having a girl IMO, your DH is right about too many u/s's as well.....they aren't actually proven to be safe as there have been zero studies on the long term effects of them. Same with doppler. I'm a little nervous about overuse as well which is why other than a 5 min "dating" scan at 14w and that 3 min gender scan at 19w...I've had no other u/s's or doppler use. I didn't have a single scan or doppler use with DS3 too

Just think.....you can't change it...baby is going to be what it's going to be. Plus, what if baby doesn't cooperate....will you go in for another scan? Will you be nervous that the tech was wrong again? I'd say you are totally safe to have that amazing GIRLIE shower!!!!! It'll be amazing!!! xoxox

Our beautiful is here!!

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    huge congrats Z , and everyone else on your little girls....
    but i have to admit with so many of you expecting pink, im thinking im out of luck.
    i have my scan tomorrow.....
    2003 2006 2008 2009 2010 2012
    Expecting #6 April 2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by dannikins View Post
    huge congrats Z , and everyone else on your little girls....
    but i have to admit with so many of you expecting pink, im thinking im out of luck.
    i have my scan tomorrow.....
    Danni, the pink swayers are doing fantastic atm! I'm sure the luck is gonna hold out for a good while yet How exciting that your scans tomorow!! Where are you based so I know what time to check in for the big results????? I also have to add that I love the pic of your boys xx The different hair colour is gooorgeous! My kids range from a white hair to the dark brown of your son lol, they are like a pepper pot I have my fingers firmly crossed that I get one with your lads red! I will pay good money for anyone who can arrange it lol!!! I need a red one and a bald one then I've completed the set

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just noticed your Aus Danni, d'oh me for not looking lol! So how many hours is it til your scan????

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast