Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: March Chit Chat

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sarah- This may not be what you're interested in...but if you can get ahold of the book Gentle Birth, Gentle Mothering it has some info about GD and testing etc that you may find very interesting. It's written by an MD. She really goes through all the testing and why it's being done, how it affects you, how it may mean nothing etc. It quite eye opening. I, for one, have issues with sugar every pregnancy. I spill +2 to +3 sugars all the time. But my GD testing comes back ok. Others have a borderline test but rarely spill sugar on the strip. GD testing is different all over the world...no 2 countries tend to do it the same.....which is slightly odd and makes you wonder. The reason you feel terrible may be because you should be eating normally. Many times a woman is put on a GD diet and the outcome does not change much at all. Babies may be bigger, but many times only slightly. It also increases stress for the mom and stress is bad for both of you. I would research it all a bit more before jumping straight to insulin...but this is just what I would do If you feel worse....there's a reason for that. Take Care! J
    Crunchy Mama to 3 rambunctious boys~ '06 :bike: '08 '10

Our beautiful is here!!

Felina Lilyanne was born at home ~ 4/12!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello All!!

Mocha- so excited for you!!! I'm sooo hoping that you hear "GIRL" at your scan!

Z- how are you feeling lately? You're in the 30's now!!!! How exciting! It's going to fly by now!!!

Ingle- So close now, Mama!! You must be very excited to meet your daughters!!! Can't wait to see pics and "oooh and awwwe" over them!

I just looked at my ticker and instead of just looking at the part that says "36w1d" I looked at the pic and had a minor freak out! That little baby is so darn close to the 40 now!! Holy crap! I'm kinda ready but not really....27 days seems like tomorrow....LOL

Anyway, I'm feeling pretty yicky I'm pretty sure I either have a tummy bug or my m/s has come back with vengeance....ugh. I puked like crazy last night. Feel a bit better today but have to eat very small bits all day long or I feel sick. My SPD is a bit better today...sciatica still sucks...and the baby is taking up so much room I feel breathless(worse when I lay down). I haven't been able to do much these last few weeks with all the pelvic pain I've been having so just walking up the stairs leaves me winded.....I've never had this before- anyone feel the same? I feel like I'm totally out of shape These last few weeks have kicked my ass I'm getting more and more content about this one being my last baby. I do not want to go through this again. Oh and the cervical pain!!! OMG. This baby likes to cram it's head down there and make me squirm! I grabbed my crotch in front of 3 people in the bank yesterday!! How embarrassing!!! I think I went 8 shades of red!
    My gawd I'm a complainer....sorry guys...just needed to vent.

I hope everyone is doing ok. I've been doing a lot of craft stuff lately as it's the only thing I can really do. My kids are so bored...I can't wait to walk easily again....sigh

Take Care!!
    ~J xo

Our beautiful is here!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm sorry about all the troubles you ladies are having! DM you sound so sick and miserable! Hopefully it's a bug and will pass quickly. As for the baby related stuff...at least she'll be here soon.

Princesssarah - that really sucks about the blood sugar stuff. I've always tested ok but worry every time because I have a long history of diabetes in my family. I hope it gets sorted out soon!
    Identical Twin Boys, May 2006

DS3, June 2009

Lost at 11 Weeks, November 2011

DD, September 2012

I can't believe I have a daughter!
    Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am so looking forward to being done with this pregnancy also. DM I am getting that same cervical pain and I have started to feel sick again in the morning. I am definitely okay with this being my last. I also get winded really easily and feel like I am totally out of shape. I am hoping this baby comes early. My other 2 were 1 and 2 weeks early so hopefully this one will be too.
    DS(2004) DD1(2007) DD2(2012)

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks DoulaMama................I have researched until my brain hurts from reading so much. I talking with the doc Monday and we will go from there. I have to say this pg has been very different than my others and I have had a lot more pain and yuckiness than any of my others. I figure one it is because I am older and not a spry as I once was. But what ever the cause I am trying to just let myself not stress over it to much. Although that is easier said than done. And that is another thing I am going to talk to the dr about....my plate is so full right now that this diet has me teetering that plate badly. But for now I am just going to take it one day at a time until Monday and by golly I am gonna enjoy myself tomorrow at my friends baby shower!!!!
    "All because 2 people fell in love"

1998 2007 & 2009
    2010 Evan Daniel....fought hydrops for 4 long weeks then I said "it is ok to go now" gone but never forgotten

5/7/2012 He is finally here!!!

http://princessamongprinces-1.blogspot.com/

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    {hugs} to everybody having a crappy time. The end is in sight for all of us - I can't believe our babies will be born so soon! Has anybody heard from ELP? Wonder if baby has arrived!

DM - your boys will be fine. You just chill out and do what you want and can. I remember being very lazy towards the end of my pregnancy with DS3 and just letting the boys be, I got quite into the swing of it in the end! My due date seems close and so far away at the same time! I'm on count down to maternity leave at the end of April (with some time off over the Easter break before then!) so that doesn't feel too far away but we're not ready with the boys' bedroom/nursery yet and there doesn't feel like enough time for that - not the it matters really with the baby being in with us, it's just more likely to get done now than it is after she's born!! I have no idea how you have time for all your crafting!
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Z- Thanks I'm trying to let the house go right now and I'll worry about it later...but that's easier said than done when nesting is such a huge urge right now oh well.
    Oh and if you go on the TTC Blue Crew grads in the BFP section- ELP has pics etc of her little blondie on there He's super sweet

M- Thank you For some reason I didn't expect the end to be this hard

Lob- misery loves company LOL We're almost there Mama!!!

Sarah- I really hope you feel better soon Hugs~~~

Our beautiful is here!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Princess, DM is right, it's so different everywhere, but your right to investigate things yourself and question everything! I have a friend who had GD (with insulin) with baby 1 and he was average weight, she never got it again with 3 other pg's either. It's a weird one! I had it borderline with ds1 my blood sugar was a good bit above average (always) even tho I ate as I was told and they never did anything about it. Never had it with ds2 and now starting to get glucose in my urine, but will never know if it would of got worse since they will be here in 10 days. I'm so sure ur being so good and it must be so annoying that things are still the same and u don't feel better, but don't beat urself up over 2 M&M's... how could u not!! was only 2! Enjoy ur baby shower and GL monday! x
    2002 2006

IDENTICAL TWIN born 3rd April 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    DM, I feel for my boys too!! Ds1 is 9 and can play with friends more, but ds2 (is 5) relies on me more, so next wkend we are having a Fun wkend before babies are here. Going to a superhero day to help plant super fruits (ds2 loves gardening). To the cinema for ds1, then out for tea. If nice we can go to the park too, will be a busy but worthwhile wkend!!

Sure our boys will be fine, I have moments when I worry about it more and feel for ds2 who has been my 'baby' for years!
    2002 2006

IDENTICAL TWIN born 3rd April 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks guys I'm trying to remind myself that these last few weeks will go by quickly and before you know it I'll be able to move around again no problem and take the kids out again. We stay home a lot any way as I homeschool, but they're used to atleast one playdate per week and one outing with me and daddy so, lately its been boring, to say the least.
    So...just 5 more days left in March!!! Yay! And then Ingle, Lobella and myself are in the homestretch!! So exciting!!!
    Anyone doing a last minute datenight with DH? I'm hoping we can go for dinner and a movie... We haven't done that for 2 years! Yikes!

Our beautiful is here!!

Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast