Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 LastLast

Thread: March Chit Chat

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks, Z. I'll try to get dh involved but he's really crappy at supporting me while I'm in labour so I doubt he'd be very helpful.

You have my thought exactly about trying to meet new moms - we have nothing in common with them. My only problem is since i haven't worked out of the home in 6 years and my playdates have become rare because all my friends work again now, days often go by where i don't talk to anyone over 6! I'm already feeling a little lonely and am worried it'll get worse.

Oh, and what do you mean you don't have any close girlfriends - you have us!!!!
    Identical Twin Boys, May 2006

DS3, June 2009

Lost at 11 Weeks, November 2011

DD, September 2012

I can't believe I have a daughter!
    Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey girl ! I never read or post here (I think it's not my place?) anyway just saw DM is almost 40 weeks?? wow!
    And don't do sex to bring up labour it's never works and hurts.
    I got DD4 at 42 weeks so who knows when they come huh? LOL Hopefully soon!

Im also all alone here no friend at all so others with no friend welcome to chat with me!
    +1

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Flava - once a part of a due date group, always a part of that due date group IMO. Even though you and I both lost our babies, these ladies are all still so welcoming - and I want to keep up to date on their babies being born!

Sorry you're lonely. You're a SAHM too? I'm lucky that I do have some girlfriends who I go out with in the evenings once in a while - it's just during the day that I don't have anyone to talk to.

DS3, June 2009

DD, September 2012

Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So are we all going to have virtual play dates here? It's an interesting topic Mocha! I made 2 new friends in the last 2 weeks because of DD3; there were 2 other moms I noticed at kindergarten pick-up who also had new babies, and they were their 3rd kids too. Both of their new babes are boys of course because EVERYONE here is having boys except me. They both had PP to start anyway. But anyhow, we all got together for coffee last week and I liked them, and esp since they have olders too we'll all be on similar schedules in terms of when we can get together. DD1 and DD2 had lots of playdates when they were preschoolers and it was mostly for ME to be able to have moms to talk with! But lots of people in my area have 3. If I have a 4th though I'll be a little strange But many of my friends have 1 or 2 now, so would be having their 2nd or 3rd when I have #4, so I'd probably have some friends with kids around the same age.

Glitter I'll join you in the spit-up on sleepless one handed typing! DD3 is in her car seat right now though. It really cracks me up that the car seat is her happy place. When she's tired and can't get comfy and is wiggly I just buckle her in to her car seat and she totally falls asleep! Usually for only 30-45 minutes, but it's enough for me to shower or get a load of laundry done. Or spend time on here Oh and FWIW my 6 week appt is next week and I am FOR SURE telling DH we have a couple more weeks before we're doing business again!

DM kudos to you for getting the job done; if only it would make her come out! It really is so fun to see what they look like isn't it? Sweet little baby faces

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You're lucky there are so many moms with similar families to yours. I have one friend whose dd is only a little older than ds3, but everyone else i know has kids 5 and up. I don't know anyone having a baby, and certainly not their 4th! Actually, I lie. There's one woman who's a casual acquaintance from the local twin association who has 4 year old twin boys, 2.5 year old boy and is expecting another boy in June. She seems nice enough - I may try to strike up a friendship with her. I suspect she's experiencing some GD, though, from some comments she's made, so I don't know if it would be tough to hang out with me once I (hopefully) have my little girl. I know I found that rough when I had GD....

DS3, June 2009

DD, September 2012

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've been lucky meeting lots of people with kids around the same age ... we moved to our city 6 years ago when DD was 6 months old and I knew NO ONE. But through our church and preschool I've gained a really great group of friends. We actually still have people bringing us dinner 3x a week right now; it's completely awesome

I bet you're right Mocha, about the other Mom having some GD, and it potentially being hard for her to be around you and your new DD. I still have a tough time with one friend who is pg now with a DS after 2DD. I'm happy for her because I know it is what she wanted, so it's not like I can't be happy for someone else ... it's just a reminder of how badly I wanted that for myself and how sad I was at that point in my own pregnancy. I really wanted that joy. I still do!

OK I have got to go get laundry done or DD will have no clean clothes for school this week

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah - when I was pregnant with ds3 one of my best friends was pregnant at the same time - her ds1 is the same age as my twins. She didn't care about the gender and actually thought she's prefer a boy, but of course ended up with a girl (is it just me or is it only people who don't care about gender who get a pigeon pair?). I found it really tough to hang out with her for a long time. She tried hard to understand my feelings, but just didn't get it. She's say things like 'You can buy pretty things for her if you feel the need to buy girl clothes' - like that's helpful! After about 6 months or so, though, I found it a lot easier to be around them and even before I knew this babe was a girl really didn't feel any twinges of jealousy when I was with them.

We moved to our city about 6 years ago too (well, 5.5 years ago), when my twins were 6 months. I was lucky too and made some great friends through the library and dh's work (wives of some of the profs who were also on maternity leave). It's SINCE then I've had trouble meeting people. I don't really have time to go to library classes anymore - the schedule doesn't work well for school drop off/pick up times - and when I do encounter other moms at places like that they're about 10 years younger than me and usually having their first baby. There are a few moms I chat with at my twins' school, but most of them have 2 kids and only a couple have babies. I did meet one really cool Mom of 3 at my boys' swimming lessons a few months ago and got her email address. Maybe I should be proactive and email her to get together. I just hate seeming so desperate or forward. Jeesh! Why does making mom friends have to feel so much like dating??!!

DS3, June 2009

DD, September 2012

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    im gunna come right out and say it.
    people with their pigeon pairs shit me!

i know so many people who have been lucky enough to have one of each, and then they just stop and dont have anymore.
    and they go and on about the whole gender thing, and how you should be happy with what you got etc, but they have no bloody clue, they are lucky enough to have one of each, they dont have any idea what its like being the only female in a house full of males, or to not be able to buy any of the cute little girls things etc.
    i have snapped at a few of them, when they start their 'holier than thou' crap,
    people that have one of each could never possibly understand, and i think they need to keep their opinions to them selves.

sorry ive been a moody cow all week.....
    pretty sure bub has dropped, i can breath again, got lots of pressure going on down there, and going to the loo 2-3 times a day, (im strictly a once a day person normaly) im constantly tired, emotional and irritable.....7 weeks to go....
    2003 2006 2008 2009 2010 2012
    Expecting #6 April 2014

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You guys are lucky making friends. Maybe no one likes me? I don't make any friends no clue why...but I also don't see other become friends at pick up when I go for DD3. The other kids school we never go they come home with the bus.(or just a few times a year)
    We also don't go anywhere because my girls don't play in any sport ect. DD1 had swimming lessons when she was 6 but no one made friend with me...also dancing still no friends.
    And i was trying!
    Oh well.
    So where is DM?
    +1

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi all, loved catching up with ur posts, had pages to read!!

Hope everyone is ok? The twins are doing well, 13 days old now! Still so teeny and it's strange after 2 big boys.
    LOVING having dh at home, he's fab and helps without a whim and the house has never been tidier!! lol

Dannikins, beautiful pic!

I have weighed myself today and have 20lbs to loose! not better than last 2 pg's where I've had at least 28lbs to loose!

DM, hope ur ok?

Not long for many of u ladies!! can't wait to hear, sounds like ur all getting prepared. Dh and I not had sex since I was 30wks and what an experience that was with a HUGE belly!! lol He's not fussed and not possible at the mo anyway! THANKFULLY! last thing on my mind with a sore wound and 2 babies!! The girls sleep beside each other in a cotbed in our room and dd2 always wakens dd1 by hitting her on the face! so not sure it will last long?

Take care all,

Mocha, still smiling for u and ur PINK news! xx
    2002 2006

IDENTICAL TWIN born 3rd April 2012

Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 LastLast