Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1826272829 LastLast

Thread: March Chit Chat

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mocha you should be proactive and email that mama It is TOTALLY like dating though isn't it? I mean when the other 2 moms and I got together for coffee last week it was very much ... like a first date. Somewhat awkward, but I did really like them. Especially since neither said a darn thing about my having 3 of a kind when they both had BGB. In fact one of them was from a BBGG family growing up and said she always wished she could have had another sister So she's my new best friend

Dannikins ITA re: PP. I was at the baby store this weekend with all 3 of my DD and there was a grandma there with her son and daughter in law, and their PP. She looked at mine and peeked in the carrier and said "3 girls. Oh my. My my my. Well we can't all be so lucky as to get one of each, can we?" as she smiled at her son and DIL. Seriously. My 6 year old is not an idiot lady. She JUST HEARD you call us unlucky. So I of course smiled and said we felt incredibly lucky to have 3 girls, it was our perfect family, and I wouldn't change a thing. I walked out of there hating people, LOL.

I wonder did y'all ever notice family make-up growing up? I was part of a PP but 2 of my very best friends were both GGG, with one of them having a B at the end, families. I never thought twice about it.

Flava making friends as an adult is hard I think! I think you do have to be proactive about it. Now that DD1 is in a school instead of preschool I'm meeting all of her new friends parents, and there are a couple that we have become friends with that way. But it isn't easy, that's for sure.

Here's hoping DM being absent is because she's having that baby

Ingle that's pretty funny/cute about one DD waking the other Can you tell them apart or do you think they look completely similar? My bestie is an identical twin ... she and her sis look very different to me but I think it's because I know them so well. FWIW she thinks being a twin is the best thing ever Glad to hear DH has been a help! Mine isn't, LOL! But I didn't expect him to be so it's no big deal; I knew what I was getting into

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm here! 2 days til 40w...sigh. Tried to stay off the computer yesterday as I had some sewing projects to finish. I was really thinking I would have this baby on the weekend. My hubby was hoping for the same thing He gets 2 weeks off and is pretty excited about meeting this new little one I've actually never seen him this excited with any of the others. He's pretty sure he'll get a "come home now!" call this week...lol I hope so!!!

Ingle- So happy to hear that you and family are well!! We need some more pics!!!

M- I'm a dummy..I meant Hypnobabies CD's...sorry, preggo brain. They are great though. I can totally send them to you Hypnobabies seems to be the most popular hypno birthing course out there.

Flava- It is really hard to make friends here too. I got into being a doula and 2 of my closest friends are doulas too. Other than that I have a close friend through a mommy group and a neighbor who's a very close friend too. That's it though.

Z- You do have us!!! xoxoxo Wish we were closer!! I'd love to have a tea with you

I have to read through the last 2 pages again for personals...I'm on my phone which is annoying to post from:-/
    Talk to you all a bit later Thank you for all the thoughts!!! You guys are awesome
    Crunchy Mama to 3 rambunctious boys~ '06 :bike: '08 '10

Our beautiful is here!!

Felina Lilyanne was born at home ~ 4/12!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Begonia, as part of a GGBG family, I always thought it was raining girls, haha. Maybe this is where my assumption of having daughter(s) came from: My mom had 3 girls and I always thought I'd have at least 2 and *maybe* a boy would be OK.

It was when my childhood best friend had two girls and I had two boys did I realize that maybe there was something at hand like a ironic fate, since ever since we were playing Barbies as young girls, she always said she never wanted a daughters, girls suck, and she only wanted to have boys, and I defended girls and said she could take my boys and I'd take her girls :Rofl:

Funny how we ended up with exactly what we said we didn't want as kids.

I'm in a private Facebook group called "mom needs a drink" its a group organized by a distant friend (our husbands were best friends for a while so we got friendly cuz we were often stuck together, lol) and she posted an article about gender disappointment on our private facebook page and blantaly said the article was for me. I felt a little called out on it (our group comprises of like 10 other moms that she knows). All I ever said was I'd like a girl after two boys, and because of that, somehow I'm getting treated in the group like I don't love/appreciate my boys? I don't understand why GD is so taboo; I love my sons down to my core, but why is wishing aloud for something different so heinous?

Anyway, I asked her in the comment section is she really aganist maybe having a girl one day? She had a preemie son. Her answer was: No, not against having a girl, but hate all that princess, and girl glitter crap that goes with it. And watch, she'll end up with a pidgeon pair, because in my experience, people with pidgeon pairs are always the people who really seem to be indifferent to the whole gender thing!!

Sorry to vent, but I guess because my scan's exactly a week away, emotions are a bit high right now.

And DM I hope this means you're having your baby if you're not posting Can't wait to hear the birth story and hopefully see pictures! I think if this is a girl, I'll be going nuts day dreaming over who she'll look like, since my two sons look similiar, I have an *idea* of what another boy *may* look like.

Begonia, I have had this sense for a while that I'll eventually have a 3rd boy. I don't know if it's now or later, but I just have a gut feeling that children may be what my mom had in reverse: BBGB. I just feel that he's out there, destined to be born to me. Doesn't that seem silly? Still, I can't shake how I feel about this.

Mocha, I think it's so lovely that your daughter will have the same setup you did. I've said here very often, but I was/am much closer to my older brother than my sisters.
    2007 / 2011 / 2012

Link to my girl sway: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...-its-girl.html

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, I typed a bunch out earlier but then my computer screwed the pics up...so here we go again...
    Please don't quote this post! Thank you! I'll be deleting later.
    Last edited by DoulaMama; May 3rd, 2012 at 01:32 AM.

Our beautiful is here!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The henna is a tree(of our lives)~ All of our horoscopes for our family are hidden in the branches. The Aries symbol is in the middle(PLEASE let this baby come before the 21st!!!) for this babe. I love trees

Our beautiful is here!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Beautiful pics DM!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You look FAB for just being days away from having a baby! I am hoping you have an Aries too, I am an Aries, I think it's a great sign
    2007 / 2011 / 2012

Link to my girl sway: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...-its-girl.html

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Aww, what lovely photos DM. I love the carseat cover you just threw together in a day - I took all morning on Sunday to take up the boys' bedroom curtains (they've been waiting 3 years to be done!) and one is a good cm or two shorter than the other. I give up, I'm not crafty!!

I can't believe how rude some of the people you come across are - Begonia, that woman was a smug cow!

Glad to hear those darling girls are doing well Inglewood, they're so adorable

I went to hospital to have a heart monitor fitted today and I wear it for 24 hours so they can monitor my heart rate and pattern. I was really worried about my palpatations etc. a couple of months ago but now I finally have the appointment I'm not! I thought it would be good to go through with it for reassurance anyhow so I'm back in the morning to see a consultant and hopefully he'll tell me I'm fit and healthy
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You look awesome Doula!!!!! I have been stalking this thread for news of your delivery.....Good luck
    Me-Gina
    age 37
    DH- 38
    DD: Nov 14

Ectopic Angel Sept 25,2011

After a hard 2011, I am looking forward to a great 2012

Thanks to gender dreaming for all the support! Our little miracle Makalee joined our family Nov 14, our family is complete and all my dreams came true

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    DM - you are so pretty! I love the henna (now why I never had anything like this??)
    The seat cover is very cute DD4 had that same white thing in the car seat it's so comfy I love it.
    +1

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by begonia View Post

I wonder did y'all ever notice family make-up growing up? I was part of a PP but 2 of my very best friends were both GGG, with one of them having a B at the end, families. I never thought twice about it.
    Come to think of it, my two best friends from childhood came from a single gender household - one with all boys and one with all girls. Actually, it was that particular boy family that helped me decide to try again. I was talking to my Mom about the mom of those boys - who used to be her best friend - and she said she'd always regretted not trying one more time for a girl. I didn't want that to be me. That being said, she now has two beautiful granddaughters, so I'm sure she's found happiness.

Quote Originally Posted by begonia View Post
    Glad to hear DH has been a help! Mine isn't, LOL! But I didn't expect him to be so it's no big deal; I knew what I was getting into
    Yeah, mine has never been a help either - even when I had newborn twins! Whenever I hear about those types of Dads who wake up in the night to change diapers, etc. and help with the breastfeeding in those early days I get jealous. My dh barely woke up when I was in LABOUR with ds3 much less when I was breastfeeding, and I think he's only changed a handful of diapers on all 3 kids over the 6 years we've had them.
    Identical Twin Boys, May 2006

DS3, June 2009

Lost at 11 Weeks, November 2011

DD, September 2012

I can't believe I have a daughter!
    Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1826272829 LastLast