Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm the same Mocha. I HATE the hospital. Hate the bed, the food, not having my hubby or kids close, the noise, the constant bugging of the nurses... I love being able to crawl into my own bed and bath after I have a baby Although, my hubby does EVERYTHING after the baby is here, usually for 2 solid weeks. I basically lounge, nurse, eat and sit on the deck the entire time. I'm so grateful he's so hands on. I don't have any other family to help as my mom works full-time and my aunt is useless.
    Crunchy Mama to 3 rambunctious boys~ '06 :bike: '08 '10

Our beautiful is here!!

Felina Lilyanne was born at home ~ 4/12!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Stalking still!
    DM-I can not believe you are so patient in waiting out this baby....and to be late on top of that!

Well I had my weekly Dr. appt. today and the doc said the word "induction"!! He said because of the Gest. Diab. they like to push a early delivery....safer from what I hear. And so I said "fine by me!" and really inside I was scream YES YES YES! So next Monday he will tell me when to be exact.....but knowing he likes to schedule stuff like that on Thursdays I am thinking it will be next Thursday....but we will know for sure next Monday!! I have so much to get done this week just to be on the safe side....with baby stuff and then finishing up home school paper work to turn in for my oldest.....it is gonna be a crazy week...but hopefully it means it flys by faster!
    "All because 2 people fell in love"

1998 2007 & 2009
    2010 Evan Daniel....fought hydrops for 4 long weeks then I said "it is ok to go now" gone but never forgotten

5/7/2012 He is finally here!!!

http://princessamongprinces-1.blogspot.com/

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That sounds like a great plan, Princess!! I'm really excited for you!! At this rate you'll have your baby before I do! LOL!
    I've actually hit a point now where I'm totally cool being preggo until the 2nd of May. I figure I shouldn't go a full two weeks overdue, most likely, and by changing my due date in my head, it's really helped my "Zen"

Our beautiful is here!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Great news, princess! It must be exciting to be so close!
    Identical Twin Boys, May 2006

DS3, June 2009

Lost at 11 Weeks, November 2011

DD, September 2012

I can't believe I have a daughter!
    Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That is SO exciting Princess! Your little babe will soon be here!!!
    Age 7 5 MC May 2012 BFP June 2012 My ~*Princess*~ is now 3 yrs old! MC May 2015 Chemical June 2015
    DS#3 Arrived in April
    I love my Rainbow Baby with all my , She took a year to conceive! Thank you GD!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    DM --I love that, hehe, great thinking, although I'm so impatient, I would be going crazy if I was overdue....you are so strong!!

princesssarah, yay for having the baby soon!!! I was just going to say as I read your post "you may have the baby before DM has hers"

I must the very odd one out, I actually like being in the hospital when I have the baby. I like the 3 days of not worrying about the house or deal with my DH giving me a look if I ask too many times in one day for a favor. I like the nurses pampering me and I like that time with my newborn and I, just hanging around, just us. For my 2nd son, my 1st just visited every day for a while and my DH stayed for a few hrs too, but had to go home to take care of him, and it was kind of magical, just me and the new baby alone with some paid help, hehe.

You are very lucky DM that your DH is sooo fricking awesome and helpful!!
    2007 / 2011 / 2012

Link to my girl sway: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...-its-girl.html

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, DM - ditto about your dh. Mine is USELESS with a newborn. If my Mom weren't able to come help me out those first few days (which is a possibility with my Dad still in the hospital), it would be me doing almost everything. I STILL would opt to come home rather than staying in the hospital, though. I just had such a negative experience with my twins. They tried to force formula on me when they started losing weight (last time I checked, all babies lose weight after being born, and it's completely normal for the milk to not come in right away), the lactation consultants there were HORRIBLE and basically wrote me off as a lost cause, sending me home with a crate of formula (despite their pessimism, I continued to pump and try to BF my TwinA, and by 6 weeks I had both of them BF exclusively. I think only one bottle of formula ever passed their lips, and that was because they wouldn't let me leave the hospital unless they gained a bit of weight!), and I got really annoyed by nurses who kept trying to take my babies away from me to take care of them at the nursing station in an effort to 'help'. There was no way I was letting those boys out of my sight for a second!).
    Identical Twin Boys, May 2006

DS3, June 2009

Lost at 11 Weeks, November 2011

DD, September 2012

I can't believe I have a daughter!
    Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The girls were born ( by c-section) the tues 0933/0935 and I was home by thurs 3pm! Did feel a bit pushed out this time, Midwife came the next day then every 2 days after for a wk as girls cord were still attached. The health visitor now comes in once a wk till they are around 6wks and looks after me too till then. That's what happens in scotland. Although with ds1 I was in 4 days and ds2 3 days post c-section.
    2002 2006

IDENTICAL TWIN born 3rd April 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My hubby wasn't always so helpful!! When I became a doula I seriously put him through daddy boot camp! LOL! I would talk about what type of rest the mama needed for her uterus to heal and for her cervix and pelvic floor to return to normal(talking a lot about prolapse and incontinence). Also, the faster I heal, the better I feel and the more likely I'm going to want physical closeness....lol. He's ALL ABOUT physical closeness After all our chats, he seemed to get the hint for #3 and I laid in bed for 3 days while he served me meals etc. I do make quite a few freezer meals for the time he stays home- about 10 of them, so he does meals from scratch 2 days a week and relies on the freezer the other 5. I do have to say that he's always been the one to get up at night if kids are ill, need a snuggle or to be tucked back into bed etc. And he changes diapers ALL THE TIME even in the middle of night as well as takes a screaming newborn and bounces them for an hour or two if I need sleep. Other than the dishes and laundry, he doesn't do much housework though...lol My toilets are a little worse for wear after 2 weeks....yum! I feel very lucky but at the same time I feel he does need to help out or he'll have a wife who hates him. He'd rather help LOL

Baby is really quiet today....not sure if it's just sleepy time or it's the "quiet before the storm" so to speak. I keep looking at dates on the calendar, seeing which numbers look appealing...I like the 25th as I'm born on the 25th in a different month. I also like the 27th as it's my closest friend's Birthday and she would just be totally thrilled to share this little peanuts birthday After that...the 28th is the new moon....maybe it'll have some sort of affect...LOL I can't even think about going past the 28th right now as it seems too far away at the moment. Sigh....This daughter of mine is a stubborn little turd already....

Ingle- That's a really quick hospital stay for c-sec!! Holy crap!

M- Every time I read about your start with your twins, I have to say that I amazed that you held on and nursed them through all that crap! It is an incredible accomplishment. You were probably one of very few women in Canada, that year, to nurse your twins past the 6 month mark. I know for singletons, only 13% of women nurse to the age of 6 months and beyond.

Our beautiful is here!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow DM you are so patient. I was so done by 39 weeks. hopefully she comes soon. my due date is tomorrow and its my moms birthday

Princess you are getting so close. How exciting!

I don't mind the hospital too much for one night but more than that drives me crazy! i was in for 2 nights with my DS, 24 hrs with DD1. Since I had this baby at 1 am I ended up having to stay that second night. The second night was rough so I really wished i could have been home. i pretty much nursed for 10 hours straight because my milk hadn't come in yet and she would cry unless I was nursing her. Nurses kept coming in and offering to take her so I could sleep, but I wouldn't let them. My mom stayed for 3 days after she was born so she helped a ton. My DH helps with taking care of the other 2, but he doesn't help with newborn stuff or housework. He also can't take extra time off work because he owns his own business so yesterday was my first day of doing everything by myself. It was quite a day. Lily had her first check up. She is now 6 lbs 10 oz, only 5 oz from her birth weight. At least after a busy day we had a great night last night. Lily slept for 5 hours straight and only woke up twice to nurse.
    DS(2004) DD1(2007) DD2(2012)

Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast