Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    DM - I'm definitely proud of myself for BFing my twins until they were 2. I belong to the local twin association, and it's definitely rare for twin moms to nurse past a few months, if at all. It was a hard road, but sooooo worth it. After that, nursing ds3 who was a strong nurser from the moment he was born was so easy!
    Identical Twin Boys, May 2006

DS3, June 2009

Lost at 11 Weeks, November 2011

DD, September 2012

I can't believe I have a daughter!
    Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi ladies

I got given some lovely presents at work today! It's not my last day until Friday but my colleague is leaving for maternity leave today so they did our presentations at the same time. I'd quite like not to go in on Wednesday and Friday now!

I also don't mind one night in hospital, a bit of quiet bonding time with baby because it's so hectic once we're home! The minimum time I have to stay in hospital this time is 6 hours so depending what time of day baby is born I won't be hanging around - I don't want to be moved to a ward and have other people's babies keeping me awake!!

DM - I had a day of no twinges whatsoever and a very quiet baby before I went into labour with DS3. I'll bet this is your calm before the storm. That's always how I described it too!

Princesssarah - Yay for the imminent arrival of your precious little man Make sure you update us on Monday!

I thought I'd cop a feel of my cervix today to see what it's doing and it's nowhere to be found! Is it usual for a pregnant lady's cervix to be really high up? I've never lost it before!!
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Z I tried to feel my cervix a couple of times toward the end of my pregnancy and I couldn't find it either. How exciting to be almost done with work. I just realized you are getting close too. Do your babies usually come on time?
    DS(2004) DD1(2007) DD2(2012)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Checking cervix- It tends to stay posterior until right before labour or during labour. So yes, it's really hard to find
    I have a shorter canal than average, I think so it's always been easy for me to find. I find either sitting on the toilet or squatting the 2 best positions to use.

Z- Sounds like a great time!! I wouldn't want to go back either!!

L- I'm faking it til I make it...in regards to the patience...LOL!
    Crunchy Mama to 3 rambunctious boys~ '06 :bike: '08 '10

Our beautiful is here!!

Felina Lilyanne was born at home ~ 4/12!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Stalking you, DM....hope all is well for you! And PrincessSarah also!!!
    (2002) (2005) from 1st marriage. TTC since Aug 2010- Dx: low sperm count and 1% normal sperm. We are giving up and moving on with a baby-free life.
    UPDATE: surprise bfp in Feb 2013! It's a BOY!

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Every day now when I first log on, I always check here 1st to make sure DM is still knocked up and not had her baby yet! Although now I am starting to get wee bit impatient at the lack of an awesome birth story! C'mon, Felina, make your appearance already...we are all waiting for you
    2007 / 2011 / 2012

Link to my girl sway: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...-its-girl.html

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by auroara78 View Post

I must the very odd one out, I actually like being in the hospital when I have the baby. I like the 3 days of not worrying about the house or deal with my DH giving me a look if I ask too many times in one day for a favor. I like the nurses pampering me and I like that time with my newborn and I, just hanging around, just us. For my 2nd son, my 1st just visited every day for a while and my DH stayed for a few hrs too, but had to go home to take care of him, and it was kind of magical, just me and the new baby alone with some paid help, hehe.
    Oh me too Auroara!!! I second you on the magical part ... those 1st few days I had lots of quiet time where it was JUST me and my newborn. It was amazing. I cherished every bit of it. It was wonderful to come home and have my whole family (DH and the 2 big sisters) as well, but oh ... that special time with just me alone with DD3 was perfection.

Crazy that y'all have to go in for check-ups every other day if you do a Dr birth! I had a dr and just had to go see him for my 6 week check-up. DD and I only had to go to her pediatrician at 2 weeks, then not again til 2 months. I'd probably pick a MW too if it meant I could avoid leaving the house every other day, that's tough!

Only 13% with singletons nurse past 6 months?!?! WOW. I had no idea. I crack myself up because EVERY time before I give birth I'm like, "BLAH. I HATE breastfeeding." And then my baby arrives, and I'm like, "breastfeeding is the best thing EVER. We will breastfeed til you're 16!" Ok not QUITE that enthusiastic but y'all get the point. I love love love that time with my baby. I'm so very thankful that nursing has always come very easily to me with great latches and ample supply.

Umm. What else. Oh yes. C'mon out Felina!!!! The world is super fun! And Princess I'm so very happy you have an end in sight as well! FX for smooth L&D for you two gals!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ugh...I know I had no reason to complain with the things some of you ladies are going through, but I feel like crap today. My boys were all sick with the flu all last week - ds2 had a fever that lasted 8 days! They're all on the mend now, and I thought I'd escaped it, but suddenly today I started to feel horrible. Dizzy, headache and aching all over. I hate the fact that I have a bad backache - even though I'm 90% sure it's just part of whatever this is I have, it's always scary to have a backache in pregnancy....

DS3, June 2009

DD, September 2012

Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    {hugs} Mocha. I saw on FB that your boys had all been ill and that's rough! Even worse if you're coming down with it. Look after yourself x
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    After I came home from my boys' swimming lesson today, I really needed to lie down. So I'm ashamed to admit, my big boys have been playing Nintendo DS all afternoon and DS3 is watching TV. Bad Mommy moment. My tylenol's starting to kick in and I'm having a cup of tea now, so I'm hoping I'll have enough energy soon to insist they turn their screens off.

DS3, June 2009

DD, September 2012

Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast