Page 15 of 601 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115515 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    At 14 dpo or less my beta is 114. Betabase said the median beta is 103. I'm a bit worried though. I got a bfp almost a week ago. I thought it would be higher.
    (9) (6) (5) (3) (1)

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Threemen try not too worry too much (this coming from someone who is still worrying)! Even atomic has said that it isn't one number in isolation, but how the first and second compare. Try not to worry! And, you are above the average so that is great! Everyone is a little different and produces HCG differently! I'm sure everything is just fine!
    (8) (6) (2) (1)

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I updated my other thread, but wanted to let you ladies know too in case you didn't see that one. My beta did double (well almost but b/c there wasn't 48 hours between labs it didn't quite double, but really close), but they forgot to do progesterone so I had to go back again today to see where that is. I get those results back tomorrow. UGHHH more waiting! I have been SO nauseous today though...couldn't even eat lunch!
    (8) (6) (2) (1)

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    NC I just sent you a pm...disregard it and thanks for replying.
    (9) (6) (5) (3) (1)

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    3M, you're above average....thats like a "B" in school!!! I would be happy with that number, please try not to stress yourself! Did they say anything about when you would go back?

Make a pregnancy ticker

Andrew '99, Tyler '01, Slade '11
    summer 2012

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I go back Wed morning. Hopefully it will be at least 228. I'm staying positive. NC made a good point. When I got a + my hcg may have been only 10 or 20. If so, it did double every two days. Thanks for the support guys!!!
    (9) (6) (5) (3) (1)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mummypink View Post
    I had my GP appointment this morning, they kept me waiting for an hour and then I could barely understand him (he is foreign). Turns out they have changed things here since I had my last pregnancy, before you made your GP appointment when you found out you were pregnant and the took a urine sample and blood sample. Then you basically saw the midwife with a few checks here and there with your GP as the pregnancy went on.
    They have never checked that I am actually pregnant, always just taken it from me saying I have a + test. This time I had to give a urine sample so he could confirm I was pregnant - which yes thankfully I definitely am lol! Then he said I have to come back in 3 weeks time (9 weeks pregnant) to do the blood samples. So annoying after waiting an hour! Especially as I took dh with me as when I had blood taken with my first pregnancy I passed out (don't know why as I haven't ever done before). So I wanted dh with me just in case it was a pregnancy thing! I also has him about Group B Strep as it was picked up on during my 2nd pregnancy so I wanted to know if it would be tested for automatically this time. He didn't even know what Group B strep was!!!!!!!!! He kept saying, well are you feeling ok? Do you have any symptoms? I must have said about 10 times that it wasn't something you had symptoms for!!

Got my midwife appointment on Thursday which I am looking forward to as it is the same one from my first two pregnancies and she is really lovely.

We've also told the boys, I know we're crazy as it is such early days, but I have my mum coming over to visit us for a couple of weeks soon and I think my sickness is going to give me away. I don't want them to hear it from someone else so we told them when we got them home from nursery. My 4 year old is excited but doesn't believe I have a baby in my tummy right now, and would like a baby brother please. My 3 year old gave me a big hug and a kiss, was fairly excited at the prospect of being a big brother but generally wasn't fussed and was more interested in the sweetie I had promised them if the sat nicely and listened to me!!!
    It will be interesting to see what they tell other people, the main person I'm not looking forward to telling is my mil as I know she will think we are insane for having a third baby. I don't get on with her generally, neither does my sil - or my hubby or his brother for that matter!

I cannot wait to hear babies heatbeat, seems like forever away! Especially long for a scan which I should hopefully get in November, so at least we should know before the end of the year if we are having a pink one or not.

So hoping that all our beans are nice and sticky and that the next 12 weeks fly by. xx
    Sounds like you had a clueless doc experience today too...My day was So frustrating!!! But why are you going to a GP why not an OB?

My docs nurse called me at 6 weeks and told me I was group b strep positive and the doc wants me on antibiotics.. I knew that was absurd so I cancelled the script. It's only a concern and they don't test for it until the last trimester because it CAN come and go throughout pregnancy and you wouldn't even know it.. and it can go away before you deliver your baby. It's nuts.. so my doc never said a word to me about the group b strep, but since I have my next OB appt next month I'll prob hear from the nurse again.. Oh well.. I'll educate HER!

And as for 12 weeks ... it's really only like 6 if you mean 12 weeks prego because you are almost 6 weeks! That's the good news.. we start out at 4-5 weeks. But I know how scary it is and how it can DRAG! Mine picked up around 10 weeks! But I hope you have a happy healthy pregnancy, it's all nervewracking.
    Last edited by Butterfly Spirit; August 20th, 2012 at 10:04 PM.
    Age 7 5 MC May 2012 BFP June 2012 My ~*Princess*~ is now 3 yrs old! MC May 2015 Chemical June 2015
    DS#3 Arrived in April
    I love my Rainbow Baby with all my , She took a year to conceive! Thank you GD!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey butterfly,
    Just wanted to say that I had strep b with both pregnancies (the typical 3rd trimester kind) but this one came up in my urine this pregnancy. I need antibiotics as it can cause preterm labour and there was one other concern that I forget... So maybe check if yours in your urine this time?!? Because it does make a difference if it's there!!

Had my first and only little girl Emmerson oct 19,2014 right on her due date!
    Hoping I stop calling her 'little dude, bud' and him real soon

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think if group B strep is detected in the urine at anytime during pregnancy they normally follow up with a course of antibiotics. It's just for the swab test they do later in preg that they only treat once labour starts or water breaks. I didn't think testing in early pregnancy was done routinely though?

ThreeMen and Beachy - Great news on the beta rises!

I had my doc appointment today and all went well, I got my referrals for the 12 and 20 week u/s which I have booked in this afternoon. 12 week u/s is on the 28th Sept. Also had all my blood tests taken, poor DS2 was scared when he saw all the blood. I had to tell him I was going to the doctors because I had a sore throat as we haven't told the kids yet and I don't want him to tell MIL when she babysits tomorrow. Lucky he seemed to buy it and didn't seem to be listening to what I was talking about while there anyway.

First midwife appointment is 26th Sept so will see the doc once more until then and then do full midwife care after that if all goes to plan.

It all feels really real now, can't wait to tell the kids but will hold out as long as we can.

Thank you Atomic and gender dreaming!!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yep, Group B strep was detected in my urine last time so I had antibiotics at about 18 weeks (I think) and then they retested me at about 36 weeks but I hadn't had the results back before I went into labour at 38 weeks so they gave me antibiotics during labour just to be on the safe side.
    They don't actually routinely test for it over here (I live in Norway but I'm originally from the UK) but my old GP tested me for it because she had previously had a patient who it hadn't been spotted in and the baby unfortunately died.

It can come and go but the main thing is knowing you have it so you can have the antibiotics.

We just see a GP over here Butterfly unless there are complications, they are usually pretty good I've just been unlucky with mine! Our midwife is our main point of contact thankfully, she makes all the appointments for scans etc. And yes you are right only 6 weeks until the 12 week mark I feel so sick today, not helped by my 4 year old deciding it was time to get up at 5am
    DS1 - 4.5yrs DS2 - 3yrs

Swayed for a but expecting a beautiful

My gorgeous son has arrived!

Page 15 of 601 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115515 ... LastLast