Page 502 of 601 FirstFirst ... 2402452492500501502503504512552 ... LastLast
Results 5,011 to 5,020 of 6003
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Love it, gena!! Have a wonderful holiday!!
    Love of my life: DS born 10/2010

and due late May 2013! It's a sweet !!!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by spinningmadly View Post
    jheitz, how are you doing?
    I'm having ups and downs. I just feel like there is a big hole in my heart and I am worried that will never be filled. DH asked me if I wanted to keep going and try for a 4th but I just think that would be to have a girl and can't do that. We will have 3 lovely boys and my husband has 1 other son as well so that I just think we would be taking on more than we can afford/handle. I go from being sad about never having a daughter and mad that everyone around me seems to get at least 1 of each and wonder why I can't. I actually wished yesterday that we would have just stopped at 2 kids. What the heck?!?? Then I get mad at myself for even feeling this way because a baby is a blessings and he is healthy at that is all that should matter. I have to go back in for ultrasounds roughly every 2 weeks due to my preterm labor risk, so I'm hopeful it helps me bond with the baby more and get over this. Thanks for asking.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think everything you are feeling is normal
    I would have felt the exact same if I had heard boy and I did run those scenarios in my head, which is why unless we could afford HT I wouldnt even try again bc it would just be to have a girl AND i was freaking out bc kids are expensive . but when the baby is born all that will matter is that hes healthy etc etc, but for now, dont feel bad for having the feelings you do.
    If anything, at least there are plenty of people in this thread that can understand and you can talk to .. seems to be a lot of boy opposites :/
    Mommy to DS1 (3) DS2 (1 1/2) angel baby DD lost at 20 weeks (5/12) and another angel baby DD at 17 weeks due to ??? (12/12)

Next option will be HT eventually...

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by jheitz77 View Post
    I'm having ups and downs. I just feel like there is a big hole in my heart and I am worried that will never be filled. DH asked me if I wanted to keep going and try for a 4th but I just think that would be to have a girl and can't do that. We will have 3 lovely boys and my husband has 1 other son as well so that I just think we would be taking on more than we can afford/handle. I go from being sad about never having a daughter and mad that everyone around me seems to get at least 1 of each and wonder why I can't. I actually wished yesterday that we would have just stopped at 2 kids. What the heck?!?? Then I get mad at myself for even feeling this way because a baby is a blessings and he is healthy at that is all that should matter. I have to go back in for ultrasounds roughly every 2 weeks due to my preterm labor risk, so I'm hopeful it helps me bond with the baby more and get over this. Thanks for asking.
    The morning after I found out this baby was a boy I thought for a second that I should put him up for adoption. I still can't believe that I thought that way...even if just for a second. I promise it does get better. I found out at the beginning of November and I did have a few rough weeks. But now I don't think about it as much as I did. I hope you find peace with 3 boys or you keep the door open for a 4th. I did get my girl the third time, but I wanted her to have a sister, and that's why I went for the 4th and now 5th. I'm done...lol...but don't regret any of them. And I won't be calling an adoption agency any time soon...lol. I hope you start feeling better soon. And we are here if you need us.
    (9) (6) (5) (3) (1)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had all those thoughts with ds3, thought everything horrible under the sun but it does get easier - by about 8 months i was fine and just looking forward to meeting him. Still feel guilty when i look at him now, he is the most precious two year old and the one i get the most love off, he was mean't to be and so is your little boy. You may not realise it now but he is in your family for a reason and i'm sure he will bring you immense joy, your little girl is just taking her time to arrive but she'll come one day x
    Me, DH, the three musketers:

DS1

DS2

DS3

And our little princess

By the grace of god our precious little girl joined our family, hoping and praying for many happy years together

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know I will love this little guy and I already do. I am excited for him to arrive. I'm just struggling with wanting that mother - daughter relationship soooo badly. I went through this with DS2 and I really thought it would be different this time. I too still feel guilty when I look at DS2, but he melts my heart so much and I'm sure DS3 will do so as well. I don't know if a fourth will be in our future and I don't need to decide that now. I need to know I would be doing it for a fourth and not just a girl because chances of a boy are probably higher after 3. But keeping the door open is at least helping me a little. My mom had 6 kids, 5 boys and 1 girl (me). I was the fourth in line. Can't help but think I just am like my mom and make more boys but that just seems like a silly myth to me too. Anyway, anytime I get sad I am just trying to give my boys extra snuggles, kisses and playtime. Hearing their sweet giggles takes all my hurt away.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey jheitz77,

Sending you a big hug, I know exactly how you feel. The sadness is awful, mine comes and goes and I have moments where I think maybe I am over it and then the sad feeling overwhelms me again. It does seem so unfair, and I'm not sure how we move past that feeling. Of course we will love our new little boys to pieces but as you say it doesn't take away that longing for a mother daughter relationship.
    My dh was annoyed today as a friend let him down on a fishing trip he was supposed to be going on, so I replied happily 'hey don't worry in a few years you'll have three sons to enjoy all the fishing trips with that you want to!'. Of course the moment the words passed my lips I felt that dreaded pain in my heart at the thought I would never have a daughter to spend special moments with.
    Like you a fourth is a possibility for us but I know in my heart I never wanted to have 4 children, I only agreed to three because my dh wanted 4 and 3 was the compromise. Plus after ds2 I thought hey next time I'll get my daughter. I'm not going to decide now either and at least it is an option for us as I know it isn't for everyone but I will have to seriously think about it and part of me is hoping that when ds3 arrives my desire for a daughter will vanish with him.

As for your mum having loads of boys I wouldn't pay too much attention to that, my mum was one of 3 girls and everyone else in my family has had a mixture of boys and girls. In fact most have had a boy followed by a girl, and I stupidly always thought I would be the same.

I am honestly happy for everyone that has got their desired gender on here, I know how much you all wanted it, but envy is creeping in too and making me feel worse so I think I'm going to try and stay away for a while until I have got my head around things properly. xxx
    DS1 - 4.5yrs DS2 - 3yrs

Swayed for a but expecting a beautiful

My gorgeous son has arrived!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi all, I have not really posted before but just feel compelled to post and tell you all that I know exactly how you are feeling! I have 4 boys and 1 girl and just found out that we are amazingly having another girl in May. I really never thought I would ever have a girl. I tried shettles with DS2 and then a whole host of IG style stuff with DS3. I cried every day for a month after I found out we were having another boy and like many of the other ladies here have said that every day it got a little better. Out of all my children he is the one that tugs my heart the most! I still look at him and feel so blessed that he was another boy and not a girl!! I remember the overwhelming pain when I found out he was a boy and shake my head and give a little smile and think that God really knows what is best!! I tried again three years later to have another girl (always wanted 4 kids) and trying again with shettles (I was a slow learner!!ha!) had boy number 4!! That was a lot easier to take and thought that having 4 boys was pretty dang special - and it really really is!! When my DS 4 was 6 months old (was nursing him and still had not had a period found out I was pregnant and was absolutely floored (never wanted 5 kids) and she was a huge surprise from beginning to end. I guess the nursing thing and losing weight after the pregnancy really swayed for me. My husband has really gotten into the big family thing and has begged for a sixth (can you believe it - he only wanted 3) and I finally gave in And tried some GD type swaying very loosely and here we are almost 20 weeks later and having another girl which I am am so amazed about. Anyway I the pint of my really long post is to tell you that I tear up frequently at your posts as I know what you are feeling but do want to give you hope for the future! It does get better and one day you will look back and know that all that is happening is part of the plan and will be such a blessing. Sorry for such a long post!!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Funwithfive View Post
    Hi all, I have not really posted before but just feel compelled to post and tell you all that I know exactly how you are feeling! I have 4 boys and 1 girl and just found out that we are amazingly having another girl in May. I really never thought I would ever have a girl. I tried shettles with DS2 and then a whole host of IG style stuff with DS3. I cried every day for a month after I found out we were having another boy and like many of the other ladies here have said that every day it got a little better. Out of all my children he is the one that tugs my heart the most! I still look at him and feel so blessed that he was another boy and not a girl!! I remember the overwhelming pain when I found out he was a boy and shake my head and give a little smile and think that God really knows what is best!! I tried again three years later to have another girl (always wanted 4 kids) and trying again with shettles (I was a slow learner!!ha!) had boy number 4!! That was a lot easier to take and thought that having 4 boys was pretty dang special - and it really really is!! When my DS 4 was 6 months old (was nursing him and still had not had a period found out I was pregnant and was absolutely floored (never wanted 5 kids) and she was a huge surprise from beginning to end. I guess the nursing thing and losing weight after the pregnancy really swayed for me. My husband has really gotten into the big family thing and has begged for a sixth (can you believe it - he only wanted 3) and I finally gave in And tried some GD type swaying very loosely and here we are almost 20 weeks later and having another girl which I am am so amazed about. Anyway I the pint of my really long post is to tell you that I tear up frequently at your posts as I know what you are feeling but do want to give you hope for the future! It does get better and one day you will look back and know that all that is happening is part of the plan and will be such a blessing. Sorry for such a long post!!
    You have given me some hope thank you. What a wonderful family you must have. Would love to read your sway for your girls xx

Cycle 1: HRC march 2014 -NT- 14 retrieved, 3 fertilised, 3 to testing, all xy 1 normal.
    Cycle 2: HRC August 2014 -1 HB SEEN (EDD 14th may 2015)- 12 retrieved, 10 fertilised, 9 to testing, 3xy 6xx. 6 normals 2xy 4xx

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Funwithfive Would you like to be added to the due date list on the 1st page of this thread?

Page 502 of 601 FirstFirst ... 2402452492500501502503504512552 ... LastLast