Page 14 of 89 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congratulations LuckyLass!! Can't wait to hear the details!

HBP, that photo is absolutely gorgeous. I LOVE it!

Hope you ladies that aren't feeling so well, feel better soon! My best friend is having her LO tomorrow, so I'll be getting some newborn cuddles then I'm 2 weeks later, if he doesn't decide to come early! Yay for babies!!!
    2009 2011 2013
    Colton Allen born March 28th!
    In love with my baby boys

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Went to my appt today, all of these contractions are normal doc says! He suggested laying down a lot for relief...yeah...right. Hhahaa. I am dilated 2 soon to be 3 cm and 50% effaced and head is super low so that's good. Just hoping he doesn't decide to show up before April. I really really want my April baby and I still have lots to do!
    DS 1 2008
    DS 2 2010
    DS 3 2013

May 2014 at 5 weeks

August 2014 at 12 weeks

DD1 our beautiful rainbow baby joined us october 2015. No sway...just miracles.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinss View Post
    You have a doppler dont you Suregena? Maybe take a listen.
    I have, nightly! Haha! Heartbeat fine and dandy. But they always say movement is the first indicator of something wrong... heartbeat is the very last! :/

Either way... I went for my anti D injection today. While I was there, I found out my blood test last week said I was anemic! AHHHHH! The level was seriously the same it was in my last pregnancy at the same week it was taken. What the hell?! So I was prescribed iron tablets, and you bet I'm taking them starting today because I want my home birth!

I mentioned to the midwife while I waited after the injection about my concerns about movements since I was so sick. She said it's probably okay but since I sounded a bit unsure and worried she did a trace for 30 minutes. It took about 15 minutes for 1 movement! So she rang a very loud bell at my belly (it really was loud! Made me jump!) and made me drink ice water, and then I got 6 more movements (all small, subtle movements, mind you!) by 30 minutes. She said it may not be 10 but that it was 'acceptable' for my gestation... so I'll just keep kick counts and paying attention.

As part of the protocol before the trace, she measured my bump. Sooo... she acknowledged that each midwife is going to measure probably different things, but she measured me as 3 weeks ahead in bump measurements (last week at my antenatal appointment, my midwife measured me 2 weeks ahead.) Because of this, she had to refer me for a Glucose test thing to happen on Thursday. ARGH! So, now I have to do that. They do not do them routinely in the UK (I didn't have one with my son) unless there is a reason or indication for concern. Oy vey.

Why do I feel like everything this pregnancy now that I am getting closer to the end is throwing roadblocks to my homebirth? Flipping heck!
    Last edited by suregena; March 12th, 2013 at 03:15 PM.
    2010 - 1 DS
    2012 - Tried for a DD , and it worked!
    2013 - DD
    2017 - DD - didn't sway***

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Rosie i know the BH are annoying and painful sometimes, but after reading the hypnobirthing book it tells you that when you get a contraction you have to take a very big long slow breath in and direct it all into your belly, making your belly expand like a balloon to the count of 20, then exhale slowly for a count of 20 also, i have been practicing it and it really does relieve the pain its amazing, now i want lots more BH to practice with hope that helps you a little.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Cinss where do I direct it if I have mostly back labor? Just to my back instead? I am going to download the hypnobirthing music tonight, I just need to find my iPod. Ha.

I am very glad to hear its helping you, gives me hope it will help me too!
    DS 1 2008
    DS 2 2010
    DS 3 2013

May 2014 at 5 weeks

August 2014 at 12 weeks

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosie85 View Post
    Cinss where do I direct it if I have mostly back labor? Just to my back instead? I am going to download the hypnobirthing music tonight, I just need to find my iPod. Ha.

I am very glad to hear its helping you, gives me hope it will help me too!
    Well now that you mention it there was really no info on back labour in the hypnobirthng book. I know there is a similar system called HypnoBabies which covers back labour so maybe you need to have a look into that one. I am reading reviews and it seems ladies who have tried both actually prefer HypnoBabies.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Okay cool I will give that one a looksie! My labor is probably 90% back 10% abdomen...I am one of the unlucky ones
    DS 1 2008
    DS 2 2010
    DS 3 2013

May 2014 at 5 weeks

August 2014 at 12 weeks

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosie85 View Post
    Okay cool I will give that one a looksie! My labor is probably 90% back 10% abdomen...I am one of the unlucky ones
    Im glad you brought that up, i would freak out if i started having back pain in labour and had no way of controlling it, i guess it can happen to any of us.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have aways had back pain during labor thought that was normal! Is it not??
    Xx

Cycle 1: HRC march 2014 -NT- 14 retrieved, 3 fertilised, 3 to testing, all xy 1 normal.
    Cycle 2: HRC August 2014 -1 HB SEEN (EDD 14th may 2015)- 12 retrieved, 10 fertilised, 9 to testing, 3xy 6xx. 6 normals 2xy 4xx

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I never had back pain during labor.
    (9) (6) (5) (3) (1)

Page 14 of 89 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast