Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    User name: Kitty0911
    Due Date: April 10th 2014
    Swayed: Girl
    Expecting:

First appointment isn't for another 6 weeks. Hoping I get to hear a good strong heartbeat!

2011 Failed IG sway

2014 Failed GD sway

August 2015

Whoops DUE February 28th 2017 with a BOY! Didn't get a chance to sway for another girl, but this little guy really wanted to be apart of our family. We love him already!

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congrats & welcome to tmbabcock, kitty, ribena & hopeful. Wishing you all healthy heartbeats at your scans, and sticky beans!

Ribena - I totally know what you mean about scans. I am so terrified of them that I refuse to go to my ob's regular ultrasound place--I make them send me elsewhere, even though it's less conveniently located. I have heard bad news there so many times that I don't think I can even go into their waiting room without freaking out. I got anxious even for my uterine lining/ovarian response monitoring u/s--when I wasn't even pregnant, I'd still be like, "please don't tell me that something has died"
    our perfect family:

(8) (5) (almost one)

thank you to atomic for helping make my dreams come true

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Can anyone tell me a good place to look for a midwife. My first 2 were with OBs and this time I am contemplating a midwife and home birth. I'm not exactly sure where to look though. I've tried googling for Illinois but nothing really comes up. It's something that I would definitely like more info on though. Thanks!
    Aug 2009

March 2012

Due April 19th, 2014!!!

View my successful sway:
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...y-attempt.html

I have some handcrafted bath and body products for sale in the B/S/T forum that were made by me if anyone is interested. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/buy-...tml#post484494

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Im already a bit worried about the 12 week scan, ive already convinced myself i wont make it that far, just to make it easier to bear.

Ive had a lovely day with dd1 today, its taken my mind off being pg and ive had to remind myself a few times! I feel a bit icky but no real nausea yet. I really wanted sausages for my lunch and didnt have any and couldnt eat anything else!! Cant keep that up lol

Hope everyone has had a happy day

Xxx
    2009 2012 due Apr 2014

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Right, do i test in the morning so i dont spend all day tomorrow thinking about testing on friday and risk getting a faint line?

Or do i spend all day tomorrow thinking aboutvit and test on fridayvwhen af is due and im likely to get a better line??

And the craziness begins ha!!

Xxx
    2009 2012 due Apr 2014

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hahaha aww I totally feel your pain Ribena!! I had 2 missed mcs that only got picked up when I went for my 12wk scan. First time was a hideous bombshell because I figured mc = bleeding etc, I didn't know that kind of thing could happen. Very hard to bounce back from. 2nd time I felt like the unluckiest person in the world, so I literally HATE scans, I can't sleep thinking about them and get horrible nightmares leading up to them!

I actually spent all yesterday in a huge anxious depression because I realised my boobs weren't very sore and they were definitely mega sore last pregnancy so I spent all day prodding and poking them and googling it. Now today they're pretty sore but it's probably just because I've mauled with them so much!

I vote wait on the test. I took one then took one 2 days after and spent hours obsessing about whether the line was darker and did it look like it meant my levels had doubled because shouldn't it have looked darker than it did... blaaaargh! It was worse than waiting to test! I have one hpt left I'm trying to hold out from doing it as we speak haha!

I think I'm going to try and get an early scan about 7-8 weeks so I can see if there's a heartbeat. There's an early pregnancy unit near me that lets you self refer. Would mean I don't have to wait another month for bad news if god forbid it is bad news, and it means I can probably relax a little if they see a heartbeat (god willing, fingers crossed, touch wood etc etc)

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My boobs have not been sore at all this pregnancy which makes me nervous. Not even a little bit. That was my first symptom with my DS so it has me in a bit of a panic. Not sure if they are just desensitized after nursing for 16 months or what!? My first scan is not for another two weeks. I just started feeling a tiny bit nauseous this week so I am hoping that is a good sign.

Have anyone else's boobs not been sore on subsequent pregnancies?
    DS (2011)

Currently and hoping for a healthy next spring although another would be great too!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    In both my previous pregnancies I didn't get sore boobs till my 3rd trimester. I wouldn't think to much on it. I know some women who never got sore boobs at all during pregnancy.
    Aug 2009

March 2012

Due April 19th, 2014!!!

View my successful sway:
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...y-attempt.html

I have some handcrafted bath and body products for sale in the B/S/T forum that were made by me if anyone is interested. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/buy-...tml#post484494

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ive got really tingly boobs this time, i dont remember it being this much with the girls. Ive got weird nipples too lol.

I took your advice hopeful monster! I feel nauseous this morning, nothing like i did with the girls yet though, more just waves of it. Im so tired though, i feel like a SIM, where i have to direct myself to do certain jobs before my fat arse just sits itself down so hopefully there will be a nice line in the morning, i remember that they still can take a while to show so as long as it is darker than last time i will try to read into it too much.

Im still not sure about a scan, the epu is self referal here too, but they only scan if they suspect something is wrong, not for reassurance so we would have to go private. Last time i went private the baby had died at 6 weeks so i dont want to do that again either!! Cant win lol. I think i will see how i feel at 6/7 weeks, as i wouldnt want a scan til 9weeks anyway so can book something then. I figured it changes nothing, and i dont want the three weeks of waiting around for an answer again!

I hope everyone gets take home babies, i think we all deserve it!!

Xxxx
    2009 2012 due Apr 2014

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    tmbabcock ~ Find a doula! DONA International – Welcome!
    Seriously, doulas in your area will probably meet with you free of charge to talk about hospitals, homebirths, midwives and all things birthing. You can decide then if one of them is a good fit for you, and even if you don't end up deciding to hire one, a good doula will know more than almost anyone else about the different natural birthing options near you. Doulas, as a rule, love to talk about birth, and an experienced doula will have seen lots of different OBs, midwives, etc. in action, and be able to tell you a *lot* about how they work and how likely they are to cut an episiotomy, push an epidural, etc.

Ribena ~ I too vote to wait on the testing. But then, I've had great darkening lines, good betas, etc. and still lost the pregnancy. So dark lines don't reassure me so much. Early scans, on the other hand, if they show a heartbeat, appropriate development, etc. *are* very reassuring, so if you can get one, I'd do it. Would the epu scan you if you said you were having cramping? Not that I'm advocating lying, exactly, but just that if you've had prior m/c and a reassuring scan can reduce your stress levels, really lower levels of stress hormones in your body are good for you & your baby.... for a nice dark line tomorrow am.

As for me, bean was measuring right on target for dates on u/s, with a heartbeat of 175 audible on the Doppler this morning. My OB is recommending bi-weekly ultrasounds until the anatomy scan at 18 weeks, so I (hopefully) will get lots of reassurance in the coming weeks. And I didn't even have to ask for this. But then, I've had so many losses, so... I had so few scans with my DDs, and so many fewer worries with those pregnancies.
    our perfect family:

(8) (5) (almost one)

thank you to atomic for helping make my dreams come true

Page 13 of 59 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast