Page 50 of 59 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The term wasn't coined at Northern at all - she isn't the only one with an opposite. But yes, Sway opposite is a better term for sure, I'll use that in the future, but if people with opposites find it too painful then of course I won't be posting stats anymore =)

I've also been on the other side of where Northern is - I lost my daughter and had two sons, my second son we very much would've liked to have been a girl and I was upset when I found out it was a boy, especially as my partner didn't want any more children after our second son was born, so I get how she feels completely.

Northern - have you considered doing PGD after this baby? (hope u don't mind me asking).
    2005 2008 2010 2014 2015

Hoping for another baby girl in 2016/17

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I didn't take anything as aimed at me or taking anything personally.

I won't be having any more children, 1, I am already struggling with the two I have before even adding this one into the mix and 2, we couldn't afford it.
    since 2005 2008 2010.

When our dream became a nightmare
    http://www.20-week-countdown.blogspot.com

Failed sway due April 2014

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry I didn't mean to imply you were aiming it at people or meant it in a negative way Tiggerian, I literally meant I don't like the term, even though I know it gets used all over the site as technically it is (hope that makes more sense!) i just thought maybe someone had a good idea of a nicer way to put it (I like sway opposites)

I can only imagine how it must feel for those who've lost their DG to then sway opposite, nature can be a complete bitch at times!

Sorry again - I hope I didn't offend anyone, it wasn't my intention!!

Xxx
    2009 2012 due Apr 2014

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Shutterbug View Post
    I didn't take anything as aimed at me or taking anything personally.

I won't be having any more children, 1, I am already struggling with the two I have before even adding this one into the mix and 2, we couldn't afford it.
    I understand. We won't be having anymore either, no money for it and I don't think we'd be able to cope with more children either. Especially our eldest is a bit of a handful and both of our boys are very temperamental.

I just gotta say, I do worry about you Northern, because i know how much you hurt - I hope you got good people around you who are being super supportive!

Ribena - I knew you didn't =D it was a response to a post by a different user. Sway opposites is a better term, I only used Failed because (like you) it was the term I'd seen used around this site.
    2005 2008 2010 2014 2015

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was terrified when I found out our second was a girl. I cried horribly. To make matters worse my mother and sister came with us and scorned me for being so upset. I was upset because my husband said there was no way he would go past 2 no matter the sex. It was very difficult for me at first to handle. Only after many days of tears did he say we could try again. If this one would have been a girl we would have been done. The only way we would have gone for a fourth would have been if it was 10 years down the road and we were rich and could afford high tech gender selection. I really didnt even think this time around we would be able to conceive. I have a condition with my ovaries and my dr told me as I get older it would be increasingly difficult to get pregnant. It took us a lot to get pregnant with our second. DD2 was a "failed sway" and I never really liked that term either. Even though I know there is nothing behind it just made me feel like I was calling her a fail and she definitely was not. So I understand the feeling on the term.
    Aug 2009

March 2012

Due April 19th, 2014!!!

View my successful sway:
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...y-attempt.html

I have some handcrafted bath and body products for sale in the B/S/T forum that were made by me if anyone is interested. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/buy-...tml#post484494

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I asked hubby about a gender scan last night, I found a place that will do it for £50, and he said no, because you only want one coz everybe on the forum is having one lol!! He's right, unfortunately, I only want one when I'm reaing about everyone else finding out ha!

3 weeks and 5 days now!!!!!

Xxx
    2009 2012 due Apr 2014

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I didn't think I'd be back here much once I found the gender but I keep re-reading all the comments on my potty shot saying "it's definitely a girl" because I keep getting panicked that it was wrong and there's a hidden willy and it reassures me, so silly!!

Haha aaawww Ribena maybe explain how they might not be able to tell at your NHS scan so you'll end up needing to pay anyway, may as well be early saving you 3 weeks of wondering?

Mine was £40 and I got two gorgeous scan pictures of her, as well as a potty shot, and it was honestly worth every penny, not just to ease my stressing over the gender but just to get an extra chance to see baby was wonderful too. I'm hoping to hear at my NHS scan in 3 weeks that it's a girl again as confirmation but not holding my breath. I've known NHS scans be wrong for quite a few people too. Xxxx

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, we've just got home from our NHS scan and I'm SO happy we paid for our private gender scan. She refused to stretch her legs! She was lying the whole time with her legs crossed, tucked under her bum! She did that at the gender scan too, but eventually moved them so we got a nice potty shot.

We have to go back in 2 weeks time as they couldn't get a proper look at her legs or her face (she had her hand up in front of her face the whole time). But everything else looks perfect! Because our DD1 had a severe heart defect they spend a long time looking at the heart and luckily her heart looks perfectly healthy and like everythings doing and looking like its suppose to!

We got 3 free pictures tho - for the "inconvenience"! And I got to prove to my OH what it actually means to have a baby on your bladder as she was tapdancing away (legs crossed!) on my bladder!
    2005 2008 2010 2014 2015

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good news bubba looks all healthy!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Actually all 3 of our boys had their legs wide open, and both girls have had them crossed politely hiding their bits hahaha.

Page 50 of 59 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast