Page 57 of 88 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Tomorrow I am 24 weeks, so happy to reach this week. I have a Dr. apt. tomorrow afternoon, wonder if I will have gained weight. I am pretty sure I have finally broke my pre pregnancy weight. When should I discuss my birth plan with my Dr.? Have you all already, or are you waiting till closer to 30 weeks?
    Mom of 5, DD , DS1 ,DS2 , DS3 and surprise DD 2 . Baby number 5 sure was meant to be here, she was born after I had a tubal ligation after baby 4 was born! We are so happy to have her join us, done having kids now (hopefully my body now agrees)!!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was 26 weeks yesterday, time is flying now. I have discussed a few things with my midwives Zem, just asking questions mostly. But because I'll be birthing at the hospital I don't know which midwife I'll have. I have been blessed to have really great midwives both other times so hopefully this time is the same. I just want a natural birth no dis or intervention unless it's necessary. Last time that worked well, I have actually never been offered any in labour and only asked for gas towards the end last time and my husband told me it would probably make me feel sick but looking back now I think I was in transition at that point.

I'd like to do delayed cord clamping and the midwife I asked said that shouldn't be a problem as long as there are no complications so I'll make sure my DH reminds the midwives at the time.
    Last edited by bythestream; August 8th, 2013 at 07:31 PM.
    2008 20112013

thankyou gender dreaming

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am 26 weeks too and just got my diabetes test results back... I'm good! I was a little worried. With my son I craved like mac and cheese and things like that. With this one I crave sweets, fruit, bread aka sugar! Just felt like I have been eating a lot of sweets.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You girls are planners! Have not even thought about birth plans!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So had my 24 week visit today. I am measuring a week ahead, so happy with that. I so far have gained 6 pounds. I told the Dr. today that in the event should this baby be breach by delivery time, I refuse to have a C section for it. He was so shocked, went to tell me that it wasn't recommended. Saying it is ok for a twin mom to birth the second baby if breach, but much more goes wrong with a single baby pregnancy. He did eventually say that if that did happen, he would be willing to help transfer me to a bigger hospital that does do breach births. I think he may have just gotten the first dose that I will not be the regular push over pregnant women, wonder what he will say at my 28 week visit when I present him with my birth plan.....LOL I also get to take my diabetes test next visit, that should be so much fun!
    Mom of 5, DD , DS1 ,DS2 , DS3 and surprise DD 2 . Baby number 5 sure was meant to be here, she was born after I had a tubal ligation after baby 4 was born! We are so happy to have her join us, done having kids now (hopefully my body now agrees)!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks like everyone is getting good bills of health. That is excellent news! I take the diabetes test at my next visit in September. They were very nice and gave me half the drink to take home so I can take it at home and not have to come in early and keep DS occupied at the clinic while I wait for the sugary stuff to take its effect.

Overall things are good. I've been feeling very tired lately, almost feels like I have no energy. The heartburn is still bad but I've been trying to avoid chocolate and soda to the best of my ability. DH brought home some apples and they seem to be helping too. Just sitting up more often is also helping.

Time is flying when I look at the calendar but it also feels like things are moving so slow! I am excited to have this little baby to love and play with. I wish she could come out sooner and be with us.
    2012 (my sweetest little bug)

2013 Thank you Atomic Sagebrush and Gender Dreaming!

Link to my successful girl sway: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...y-attempt.html

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Here's a question for everyone today...

Cord blood banking- are you doing it?

We're undecided. It's a pretty big expense and we don't know if it will be worth it or not. It's almost $2,000 upfront cost and then $130 per year for storage.
    Loving my two
    So excited to add a to our family

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I did it was DS3 and DD. the initial cost is high but storage is only $110 a year. However, they got a low volume of blood with DS3 which can sometimes happen. I chose to store it anyway. We are undecided about whether or not to do it a third time. We would get a discount for a third time but then we'd be paying $330 a year to store. I feel we should. But we have lots of time to think it over.
    Thank you God and Our Lady
    - 2005 - 2007 - 2010 - 2012 - 2013 - 2016

Due January 2021

Dec '12, Feb '13, July '15

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We never did, too expensive. Plus I like to wait till the cord is done pulsating before cutting it....

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    zem- that was one of my concerns... I want to do delayed cord clamping and figured cord blood banking wouldn't be a possibility if we do that. Plus the expense.
    My dr wants to know my choice at my appt on Wed so we're trying to figure out what to do.
    Loving my two
    So excited to add a to our family

Page 57 of 88 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast