Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: June Chit Chat

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Eek, happylea, glad you heard baby's heartbeat...not to start stuff back up, but your potty shot is very iffy, and I am still hoping you'll be surprised in time for your scan!

Mocha, that's my husband...house troll! Except he's not doing anything important, he's playing his video games...so when I'm "on duty" he's "off duty" in his bedroom playing his computer. He does get off quite a bit to play with the kids...but it's quick snippets here and there, and if I ask him for anything real (like give them a bath, feed them a full meal, or change a diaper), he refuses when he's "off duty" but he'll do quickie stuff, like give them a snack, or watch them so I can take 'shower' (glad he's got his priorities so straight!)

yesterday, he helped clean the big plastic baby pool we have...it was first time use since last summer and it was dirty and he cleaned it real good, and helped skim it as the kids played in it, then he said his feet were "burning" and hurried inside to return to his girfriend, his video game, lol.

then we made some yummy dessert together: I made the cheesecake but he created a homemade yummy cherry topping for it. It was a delightful sin and I had two big pieces and it was sooo great!

So yeah he does do a fair amount of "men activites" when im home but he tries to balance it a little, I'd like more time, but i guess at least he tries...that counts for something.
    2007 / 2011 / 2012

Link to my girl sway: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...-its-girl.html

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Auroara - your dh is a SAHD though, right? So at least, presumably, when he's 'on duty' he does stuff with the kids. My complaint is that as a SAHM I'm on duty 24/7! I wish I could just tell dh he's on duty for the weekend and hide away with my computer!!
    Identical Twin Boys, May 2006

DS3, June 2009

Lost at 11 Weeks, November 2011

DD, September 2012

I can't believe I have a daughter!
    Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Im a 24/7 SAHM also although i must admit when daddy not workin he does help out. I just never have any time to myself but neither does he really, he either at work or when at home we do stuff together mostly.
    Although ladies tomorrow night i am of out for a meal with the girlies while MIL minds the kids as DH working

Matt started back to work today after 2 weeks off, which just flew by. Kids also started back school after half term, they are all up i bed early tonight shattered and i think i will be soon following...i have a headache that i cant seem to shift. Although i dont seem to have leaked anything today which is good
    Mummy to 6 beautiful boys and expecting our

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    HappyLea, I always have weird stuff going on "downstairs" during pregnancy! With my first, I think I probably got at least 4 yeast infections...I'm sure all hormone related. My last one, I was 38 weeks along and totally thought I was leaking amniotic fluid, too!

I'm happy that with this pregnancy I've made it to 22 weeks with only one incident so far.
    DS1: 13 Nov 2009
    It's a girl!! 14 Sept 2012

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mocha, yeah DH is a SAHD and he does do stuff with the kids in the daytime.

But if they are content with coloring books, playing together, the boys are playin together a lot better, my husband sneaks onto the computer in the living room (where the kids are) and plays his online game then. But he's gotten a lot better about chores (still not quite as clean to my liking, but doable) and he cooks ...so there are some highlights there!

I guess my issue is I do work full time and when I come home the kids are so happy to see me they jump on me and literally give me no room to breathe until their bedtime. And if the roles were reversed, I know if he worked full time and I was a SAHM he would play with the kids at nite too, but not the way I do....I guess it's not really fair, but I am still the mother, but I do love getting the chance to be a full mother to them at nite, it just gets a little exhausting....

I'm not quite sure what I'm complaining about to be honest with you...the other nite after work DS1 was very busy and independent and I felt quite lonely he didnt' want to spend our usual time together....
    2007 / 2011 / 2012

Link to my girl sway: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...-its-girl.html

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mocha, do you ever leave your DH with all the kids for a while? Like a long while?! I have always tried to make sure my DH feels capable of looking after the boys on his own as I think it is easy for them to rely too much on us. I never say no when he asks to go on a fishing trip or out with his mates, because then he can never say no when I want to do something! I have flown to Sydney with a girlfriend for 4 days when the kids were smaller. The sleep-ins were the best bit! And once when we had just moved here and I was thoroughly exhausted I told him I just needed some sleep and would love to go to a hotel for 1 night and he organised it for me! Not saying you need to book into a hotel, but I believe men can be pretty clueless and they need us to spell some things out!

Hobber, I am not sure that it is exotic, mostly just a relaxed place to live. We don't swim in the ocean in Darwin (well some do) because there are crocodiles in it and box jellyfish that can kill you. I have been in snow but have never even been skiing, so I am very jealous that you have snow on your doorstep!

HappyLea, hope your 'leakage' stays away and your baby starts giving you some more reminders that they are ok. Ouch, that internal sounds nasty.

Pinkin, I don't blame you for sleeping on the lounge. They normally snore when they have been drinking and stink for that matter. Hope you took some time for yourself the next day.

Auroara, I can just picture your kids racing up to you at the end of a long day as mine do when DH gets home. It is so sweet.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Nope - I've never been away from my kids overnight, and dh has never been alone with them for more than a few hours. Once a week I go out for dinner with my girlfriends, but that's pretty much the only time he's ever in charge of the kids, and I get them ready for bed before I leave anyway.

I do blame myself. I tried to be supermom when the twins were born and did absolutely everything myself, so he never learned how to do anything and never considered it his responsibility to learn.

DS3, June 2009

DD, September 2012

Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So I went to my regular Dr. appt today and they found sugar in my urine.... so tomorrow I have to do the blood glucose test. Usually they don't do it this early (I'm 23 weeks) but since they found the sugar, they have to do it now. I really hope I don't get gestational diabetes! Have any of you had it before?
    2004 2006 2010 2012

My BOY sway worked!! THANK YOU GENDER DREAMING!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh no! I'm sorry, Hobber! I'm having my GD test this week as well. I've never had it before, so I have no advice. I hope your test comes out clear!

DS3, June 2009

DD, September 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Mocha.... I hope it isn't my fault that I might have it--I have been having an ice cream and Zingers binge lately, and drinking more juice than water (and sometimes sodas, because they are free at work).
    2004 2006 2010 2012

My BOY sway worked!! THANK YOU GENDER DREAMING!!

Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast