Page 17 of 33 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Auroara, when I was pregnant with DD2 we had to upgrade to a bigger car (from a Subaru wagon to a Chevy Tahoe). We got our car used and it was pretty affordable, and luckily has room for #4 as well, so we can keep using it. We were in a bad financial situation at the time, so I still have no idea why the bank gave us the loan! If you can't get a new car np matter what, can you figure out a way to fit everyone in the other car--like is your DS1 big enough for a booster? Now that my oldest two can use boosters, we can cram the three of them in the Subaru if we have to (DH kept our Subaru for his work car).

Money stuff sucks! I hate being behind on bills, and having to ask parents for help (we have been there many times). You will get through it, but it is stressful to have to be in the thick of it. We had a really rough time when I was pregnant with DD2; DH got laid off, and I was trying to pay for everything with my babysitting money, and it was awful! But we got through it, and you will too.

Have you looked into programs like WIC? The income cap for a family of 5 is really pretty high. That might help you while times are tight.
    2004 2006 2010 2012

My BOY sway worked!! THANK YOU GENDER DREAMING!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    auroara. Money woes are awful. It's the single biggest cause of fights between dh and myself. He has a good salary, but we're swimming in debt and are house poor. Every month something comes up (like finding out we owed $1000 in taxes this year while all our friends were getting refunds) which means we can't chop away at our debt and instead watch it keep growing.

I really hope you and dh can figure it out. These are the lean times, but you'll have the love of your kids forever. My parents had no money when my brothers and I were little, but by the time I was a teenager (as you know, I'm the youngest) they were quite comfortable. Just do what you can to get through these tough times, and hopefully your dad will reconsider and help you out.
    Identical Twin Boys, May 2006

DS3, June 2009

Lost at 11 Weeks, November 2011

DD, September 2012

I can't believe I have a daughter!
    Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh dloui, look at those perfect little feet soooo cute!!
    Fathers Day baby!

Busy Mummy of 5 now working from home: www.oz.scentsy.com.au

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks everyone for the kind wishes

I did get a hold of my homeowner's insuracne actual claim dept and they said there will no cost to us to get it looked at / and fixed. So, the 500 deductilbe thing came from one of the ppl who we called to inquire about the cost of fixing it, not from the insurance themsleves. So I feel like I jumped the gun by talking to my parents before I knew all the details, I guess it's my fault too for being so used to calling them to 'bail me out' all the time. I am so happy that the insurance is going to cover it! The washing machine itself will be inspected to see if it was a manufactor's error.

Also Hobbers that is another reason I am so devestated this week but didn't want to admit it, is because of WIC. We were on WIC since Jan (when my husband left his job) and it's helped us out Soooooo much. But we had an appt for them today and I called yesterday to verify a question, and they said we missed our appt (though on our WIC folder the WIC lady clearly wrote 7/19/12 at 2;15 in, they had in their computer that we were supposed to come in on 7/5/12. So we 'missed' our appt and now they are making us wait until Oct 29th!! By then, DS1 won't qualify (he turns 5 in Oct) and we'll need help with formula since I can't BF (long story), so the only thing they said is that we can call their supervisor on Monday and if she wont' change the appt to earlier, then we can call everyday to see if there's a cancelletion, which we will need, since WIC helps us out extraordinarily. I cannot imagine our food bills without the help right now.

My DH has been serious about part time job hunting now, but he's still rather picky. I just am this all works out somehow....

And I'm sorry for all the typos and the mistakes in my writing tonight...this night and I have just had it!
    2007 / 2011 / 2012

Link to my girl sway: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...-its-girl.html

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So I just got back from my ob appointment... Baby measuring right now so I was 25 cm and I am 25 weeks tomorrow. I have to get a blood test done for ICP in pregnancy I am 99 percent sure I have it again my palms are hot and itchy and my soles of my feet are too plus a bit itchy in a few other places so I just hope it doesnt get too bad! My bp was sot on so very happy about that!
    DW 33
    DH 34
    Dec 2016

Will try for another baby in 2019 to complete our family.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Pinkin, did you end up having to take antihypertensives? Or has your BP settled on its own? So good to hear it is going well. FX for your ICP blood test. I know you were worried about having that again as it was so horrible last time.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My blood pressure has been fine it was only high that once but I had a very stressful week that week so no suprise!
    As for the ICP I am pretty sure it is that only because my symptoms seem the same as last time just not quite as bad yet.. The test can confirm it but my ob did say that sometimes it wont show on the test stright away but that doesnt mean I dont have it.. Oh gee i hope it doesnt get much worse I have longer then last time to deal with it because last preg I was 33 weeks when I got it!
    DW 33
    DH 34
    Dec 2016

Will try for another baby in 2019 to complete our family.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Auroara - I'm soooooo glad the insurance is covering the damage!

Pinkin - I'm happy your BP was normal. Good luck with the ICP test.
    Identical Twin Boys, May 2006

DS3, June 2009

Lost at 11 Weeks, November 2011

DD, September 2012

I can't believe I have a daughter!
    Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Pinkin, is ICP that liver thing? A friend of mine had that, and they made her deliver early. I hope you don't have it! Also, thanks for sharing your timing/frequency info--I am still beating myself up, but it helps to hear stories like yours!

Auroara, glad your insurance will help you out! As for the WIC, I can't believe they are giving you such a hard time--weird. I've missed an appt before and they just tell me to make it up at a different time in a different place--they go to all the towns around us and so I just have to drive a ways to somewhere else where an appt is available. I hope you are able to get in before October!
    2004 2006 2010 2012

My BOY sway worked!! THANK YOU GENDER DREAMING!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well we heard back from insurance today and there still is a 500 dollar deductible we have to pay but now that our floor is already pulled up and destroyed, it is too late to say no now

We'll just have to put it on a high credit card and hope for the best. The good news is that if it was a washing machine defect, they will have the faulty piece anyalzed and if it is truly the washing machine's fault, they'll make the company (GE) in this case reinburst us for the 500 dollars. So it's still unclear whether we'll end up with paying the 500 dollars or the insuracne will make GE cover the deductible since the damage is surely caused by a faulty mechianism. The hoses and everything was connected right, water was ********* out from the top of the lid, so it was obviosuly some kind of internal valve that didn't shut off right.

I'm not even going to tell my parents about the 500 dollar deductible, because Dad will think I'm hinting for money again, and it will just stress my mom out that we went behind their back to do it, because they kept saying that it wasn't a big deal and use towels, but the water restoration crew found a lot of water damage that would have potentially turned into mold/mildew and with a new baby coming in two months, even if we end up with the 500 dollar bill, I still think it will be worth it in the end to take care of the problem the right way, get the water cleaned up and the floors restored...it will be a healthier house, and I'm still sorry my parents do not understand the importance of taking care of our house, or the fact that it was a LOT of water.

Sorry for the long rant...I am just feeling so out of bounds this week, and I keep feeling so much pressure down low, and I think I replied with this on another thread, but Lillian is measuring a good month ahead, which is somewhat concerning to my OB. She is huge, I feel huge, and I keep getting a lot of pressure and pelvic pain. I just hope all this stuff with the house is fixed before we have her!

And Hobbers, I still cannot believe WIC is trying to play us that way...I am determined to get an earlier appt or make them give us checks, since we really need those to help us pay our food bills. I am excited that my DH has been applying for part time jobs too....part time work will start to make a dent in the bills!
    Last edited by auroara78; July 20th, 2012 at 11:41 AM.
    2007 / 2011 / 2012

Link to my girl sway: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...-its-girl.html

Page 17 of 33 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast