Uploads
    Mocha my iron is low too, I take Spatone liquid iron and drink nettle tea x
    Fathers Day baby!

Busy Mummy of 5 now working from home: www.oz.scentsy.com.au

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Nettle tea helps? I think I have some of that in my cupboard. I'll be taking Floradix - it's what Doulamama recommended to me back when I was concerned about iron after my m/c, and it's also what my mw recommended.
    Identical Twin Boys, May 2006

DS3, June 2009

Lost at 11 Weeks, November 2011

DD, September 2012

I can't believe I have a daughter!
    Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by laughinglynxie View Post
    Oh man, my head is spinning from reading nursing bra reviews on HerRoom.com! I refuse to deal with no support while I breastfeed another baby! Being a 34F is no fun. I wish I could just go to Target, haha.
    I am probably an E now, but I am still stuffing myself into a DD. (is there a DDD? Maybe I'm that). I need to get a new nursing bra, but I was waiting until the end so I don't get the wrong size.
    2004 2006 2010 2012

My BOY sway worked!! THANK YOU GENDER DREAMING!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mocha, good job standing up for yourself and saying you didn't like the MW student. I am such a weenie and I never want to hurt anyone's feelings, so I would probably just suffer through it.

I have been taking an iron supplement too, and I haven't had any issues with it. I take the slow release one. Just make sure you don't take it with your prenatal or milk products, because the iron binds to calcium (you probably knew that already).
    2004 2006 2010 2012

My BOY sway worked!! THANK YOU GENDER DREAMING!!

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbermittens View Post
    I am probably an E now, but I am still stuffing myself into a DD. (is there a DDD? Maybe I'm that). I need to get a new nursing bra, but I was waiting until the end so I don't get the wrong size.
    Bra makers are SO confusing. From what I understand, most of the double letters (in bigger cups) translate to the next letter up. So I'm in a DD/E right now and looking for a DDD/F. That's the way it's laid out on the HerRoom website (which is fabulous, btw). They even have a size translator and a universal sizing thing. I was going to wait, too, but I figured I'm tired of my band size being too tight now that my ribcage is getting spread out from baby growing.

I still ordered from Nicki's Diapers, though, because I wanted to get my "points." Hehehe. And I got leopard print. I never do that...but gosh darn it, I ALWAYS get beige and there are usually NO options (other than white, beige, and black) for busty gals!
    DS1: 13 Nov 2009
    It's a girl!! 14 Sept 2012

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Agreed about speaking up. Last time I LOVED my nurse midwife but couldn't stand my male OB...and I just dealt with it because I only had to see him maybe 4 times total. But those four times where just dumb and annoying, I wish I had said something.
    DS1: 13 Nov 2009
    It's a girl!! 14 Sept 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks, ladies. To be honest, I'm the sort of person who avoids confrontation at all costs. After I agreed to let the student work with me, I was never alone with my normal midwives anymore to tell them I'd changed my mind and thought I'd be stuck with her forever. I had about 3 appts with her, and i found her to be overly clinical and too serious - i was starting to dread my appts whereas normally i love going to the mw.

When she wasn't there for my appt yesterday because she'd been at a birth all night I jumped on the opportunity to see if I could do something about it. My mw completely understood and was very sweet about it. I think she was a bit flattered when I told her I used to look forward to coming to appts to chat with her and missed that.

DS3, June 2009

DD, September 2012

Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The nettle tea is fantastic!!
    Fathers Day baby!

Busy Mummy of 5 now working from home: www.oz.scentsy.com.au

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    For some reason I thought it was something you took at the end of pregnancy to prepare for delivery, but I'm clueless about this stuff! Maybe I'll break open that box of nettle tea and get drinking!

DS3, June 2009

DD, September 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've sent my mum to have a massage for an hour so I can get on and say hi!!
    Mocha and Auroara, I am so excited that you have both hit the 30 week mark- yay!
    Hobber, good idea to potty train your DD while the weather is so warm. But of course she may regress for a little while after your new baby arrives. It is so long since I have had to think of nappies, it is going to be weird to go through all of that again.
    Laughing, I just can't get over how big your boobs are! I am only a 34C and feel impressed with my body for making them that big, lol. The best thing if they were bigger is that it would balance out my tummy and my belly wouldn't look as big.
    HappyLea, that poor dog. Good on you trying to find somewhere for it to go, but it sounds like her mind was already made up.
    Pinkin, how did you go getting your BP sorted out? Are you feeling well?
    TTC5, did you hear anything more about the possible whooping cough? The flu is really bad in Australia this winter too. Certainly knocking a lot of people around.

All good here. The kids are much better and my dad flew home yesterday. I bought a dress this morning for Ladies Day at the races next week. Now I have to find shoes and a hat or fascinator. My best friend is flying up from Perth for it (she is pg too), so we will both have to stick to OJ this year!
    My DH is so stressed with his work at the moment. I feel sorry for him as he works so hard. No wonder he wants to escape to his boat whenever he gets a chance.
    I have been busy researching baby car restraints, booster seats and prams. I need to find 3 car seats that fill fit in my car and have decided I will sell my Phil & Teds pram and get a new one for this bub. Thinking maybe a baby jogger. I love how they fold up so easily. Oh and I bought a couple of gorgeous outfits I couldn't resist and have had to hide them in the storeroom downstairs! I seem to be drawn to apricots and lilacs.
    Bye for now. Keep well everyone.

Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast