Page 14 of 53 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am the same. I just can not be bothered !!! I have about 4 and a half weeks tho to get myself sorted! I am desperate for new PJ's
    DW 33
    DH 34
    Dec 2016

Will try for another baby in 2019 to complete our family.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    TTC5 - I said this on your FB page, but I'm already terrified at how quickly the newborn phase is going to go, and I haven't even had Sadie yet! It's so hard knowing this is my last one! I remember with my twins, were were my firstborn babies - I was so desperate for them to keep hitting the next milestone, but with ds3 I slowed down a bit and enjoyed every phase. I plan to do that even more this time.
    Last edited by Mochagirl; September 11th, 2012 at 10:02 AM.
    Identical Twin Boys, May 2006

DS3, June 2009

Lost at 11 Weeks, November 2011

DD, September 2012

I can't believe I have a daughter!
    Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mocha, I was the same way with DS1...jut really interested in seeing all the miletones, and curious about when he'd crawl, etc, I feel like I wished his babyhood away by wanting it to hurry up....DS2 I didn't enjoy so much because of his allergy problems, I was just trying to get thru each day with him in the early days, and I'm really trying to enjoy Lillian, even our middle of the night feeds, because if she's anything like the boys, she'll be asleep thru the night in no time, and that will mean that she'll be a little more grown up, you know?

I can't wait to see pics of Sadie and all the other little babies coming soon!!
    2007 / 2011 / 2012

Link to my girl sway: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...-its-girl.html

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I got my DH to dig out the box of newborn stuff from the shed, so at least I can wash up clothes if I want now. I have DD2 still in the c0-sleeper (she is at the bottom, like a pack 'n' play), so I have to either mover her out to the toddler bed, or set up the other co-sleeper (we have 2). I can't decide what would be best. I don't want DD2 to feel like the baby is stealing her bed! With DD1 and DS, I moved DD1 out of the co-sleeper a few months before DS came. But she was a much better behaved 2 year old in a lot of ways--she would stay in bed and never got into mischief. DD2 on the other hand.... total terror! I hate the idea that she could be getting in and out of bed easily and getting into trouble all night long. Not sure what to do. DD2 is still in our room, and I think she will stay there for a while longer--there is room for her and the baby in there. I just worry that if the baby cries too much at night, it will wake DD2 up, because she is a light sleeper.
    2004 2006 2010 2012

My BOY sway worked!! THANK YOU GENDER DREAMING!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Pinkin, I am sorry you are still so itchy! I was hoping the meds would help you more.
    2004 2006 2010 2012

My BOY sway worked!! THANK YOU GENDER DREAMING!!

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    OMG, need to vent big time. This isn't pregnancy related (but still parenting stuff)! I had "shared" an article on FB, with the warning that it was an opinionated article, but I still agreed with the main thought of it. That being, I don't believe in the Cry It Out method of sleep training. Then suddenly I get a bunch of folks telling me that I must have had an easy baby and I should be so grateful and not take it for granted blah blah blah (and someone else was picking apart the article that I had already stated was opinionated and I wasn't saying it was completely correct anyway). UGH.

Anyway, I'm just crabby about it. My DS1 had terrible reflux and would scream for hours and hours at night until he was around 5 months or so. Yes, there were times I needed to set him down and walk away for a few minutes... but call me a sap, I couldn't just let him freak out alone all night just because "I needed sleep." Every parent and child is different and I just can't believe someone would assume I had an "easy baby" just because I didn't agree with the CIO method. Heck, even now that DS1 is almost three, I still go into his room if he's freaking out for too long. I am in no way a push-over. I'm probably one of the most strictest parents out of my group of friends.

I guess I'm just an attachment parenting Dr. Sears-ish nerd.
    DS1: 13 Nov 2009
    It's a girl!! 14 Sept 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    {hugs} laughinglynxie. FWIW, I have never/would never do it either. There are plenty of other ways to teach a baby to sleep if you're that way inclined which don't involve leaving your baby alone and crying for extended periods of time (which I could never feel comfortable with!) and those people probably just felt like they needed to defend themselves.
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hobber, I am sure your DD2 will get disrupted sleep initially with the baby crying, but she may well adjust quickly. I guess you could always give it a try and see what works. She sounds like she gets into plenty of mischief!

Lynxie, I'd just let it wash over you. I can let my babies cry to a point but there is a big difference in a distressed crying baby, which I agree needs to be comforted. The people on FB are probably just expressing their feeling that they were willing to do whatever worked for them. You could always delete the message and then no-one can comment on it and it will very soon be forgotten!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi ladies, Huge congratulations on the birth of your daughter Auroa xxx I will catch up soon, i promise x

just quick update on me, yesterday i felt like period pain crampy at tea time and very emotional i started getting tightenings that carried on throughout the night...they were bearable but gettin regular. At 12.30am i phoned delivery suite and as they weren't painful they said not to bother going in unless they became painful. I managed to fall asleep at 3am and was up at 6am and still getting them although not painful but uncomfartable. As day gone on they got a little more painful and i felt different. Also felt sick etc. Gave in and phoned delivery suite and they told me to go in to get checked.

On monitor the tightenings/contractions were regular and getting stronger. Midwife said dr would see me, dr came in didnt look at my trace, decided she will do internal and a swab test to see if i was going into labour. checked cervix said it was closed but soft. Got left and pains got stronger after she did internal, midwife came back said test was negative and i wont go into labour in next 48 hours. I asked her about pains and she just said take paracetamol, right snotty cow she was. I feel im going into labour. I have taken paracetamol but can still feel them regular and uncomfortable

The dr said if i was in labour i would have to be transfered as the NICU was closed, i really feel now that if this does progress i dont want to go back to them as i feel i wasnt treated very well. They didnt explain if i wasnt in labour what the pains were and why i was getting them and so regular like every 4-5mins.

I originally thought they were braxton hick but to have them regular for over 24hours is that possible?

Could the swab test they did be wrong? I am going into labour? I feel like i am.
    DS3 i started contracting at 35 weeks and when looked at trace they decided they would give me steriods to mature his lungs and also give me something to stop contractions.

I hope this man stays put for longer but i will see how i go on tonight x
    Mummy to 6 beautiful boys and expecting our

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm so sorry they treated you that way, HappyLea! Is there another hospital you could go to to get checked again? It sure sounds like it could be labour to me, and it doesn't sound like they took you seriously at all.
    Identical Twin Boys, May 2006

DS3, June 2009

Lost at 11 Weeks, November 2011

DD, September 2012

I can't believe I have a daughter!
    Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Page 14 of 53 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast