Uploads
    I completely understand your fear!!
    Fathers Day baby!

Busy Mummy of 5 now working from home: www.oz.scentsy.com.au

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Part of me worries finding out early will make it worse if it's a boy...but then again, it gives me more time to move on and less time wasted on dreams that aren't going to come true.
    Identical Twin Boys, May 2006

DS3, June 2009

Lost at 11 Weeks, November 2011

DD, September 2012

I can't believe I have a daughter!
    Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by purplepoet20 View Post
    page 123 would be better
    Why is that? I don't get it...
    +1

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    mocha- what kind of a place is that??? I would not pay for a private place if they don't even give me any pic! Really I never even heard of this before.
    Here all privates places will give you bunch of cute pics 2d and 3D you can get a video too. That's why we are going there ! To have special memories.
    The baby is to small for a good shot? That's just not true I got a very nice scan and pic at 16 weeks.

But if it all ok with you just go! Don't worry about not posting a pic here .You can get pic on the 20 weeks scan for sure!
    +1

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, I know it seems a little weird, but elective ultrasounds really aren't as common in Canada as they are in the U.S. In fact, I'd never heard of them until I was pregnant with ds3, and even then there weren't any places near where I lived where I could have gone. In the past year or so new ones have started opening all over, but most won't give a gender scan until after 20 weeks. There has been a lot of high profile news coverage up here about women getting early gender scans then aborting when they find out they're not getting their desired gender, so there's even been talk of outlawing early gender scans altogether. Of the 8 or so u/s places I found within a 2 hour drive from here, only 3 would even consider doing a scan before 20 weeks, and almost all said right on their website that they don't give any pictures with a gender scan. Part of it has to do with the fact that they only do the scan in 2D, I think, and the whole thing only lasts 10 minutes. It's also waaay cheaper than the 3D packages - only $60.

I don't think I'd gain anything by going elsewhere - this seems to be the norm here. It's not a huge deal since I'll be seeing my baby again a few weeks later anyway, and I'm also planning to book a 3rd trimester 3D scan this time I'll look forward to that - you get the bells and whistles then, even here: pictures, DVD, internet broadcasting - the works.
    Identical Twin Boys, May 2006

DS3, June 2009

Lost at 11 Weeks, November 2011

DD, September 2012

I can't believe I have a daughter!
    Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mochagirl View Post
    OMG OMG - I just booked a gender scan for April 5th at 1pm!!! The place I booked doesn't nclude any pictures. I asked if I could pay extra for one and she said no. Another place I called said the same thing, so maybe that's common practice up here with a gender scan? They explained it away by saying the baby is too small, they wouldn't be able to get a good shot and it would take time to get baby in the right position. I said I just wanted a potty shot and they thought I was crazy and basically said no. One place said I could pay extra for a DVD, but that place didn't have any appointments available on the day I want. I forgot to ask the place where I booked if I can pay for a DVD, but I definitely will when I get there.

What do you think? Should I worry about not having a picture to share here so you guys can help confirm the gender? As I said, it sound like most places here don't give pictures with a gender scan, so I'm not sure I'd get one even if I went somewhere else.

At this point I don't think I want to cancel the appointment. The allure of finding out in less than 3 weeks is too amazing! Having an actual date to look forward to makes me feel sooooo much better. I'm just a little worried about hearing girl only to have that girl grow a penis by 20 weeks!
    ooh same day as my dating scan!
    good luck for it!! if you have a good memory, you don't need a picture - just get them to absolutely convince you at the time

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mocha, you are so desperate to know, I would just keep the appt. It seems to fit so well with everything else you have going on.

Hobber, thanks for the reassurance about the thyroid.

PP, I like the pink cake idea.

Auroara, you always make me feel good.

Hi and bye everyone else. I am going on holiday first thing in the morning. Home next weekend. I doubt I'll be online much, if at all. Take care and I'll ask for a summary of events when I get back! Aah, time for pizza.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Peony, sorry about your thyroid results. Do you have an enlarged thyroid at all? With both of me pregnancies my thyroid hormones have always played up and then they settle down again after birth. Hopefully it's the same for you. Enjoy your holiday!

Happylea, so very sorry about your granddad It must be so difficult on all of your family. Marjorie sounds like a bitter old woman

PP, have you tried metamucil? I used to have to take it every day with my first pregnancy otherwise I would get constipated.

Mocha, yay for making a dating appointment! Very exciting. $60 is pretty cheap. The cheapest we can get it for here is $150 at 16 weeks but that includes a 30 minute u/s and dvd. Think I will end up doing this.

Is it possible to show this early on? I'm only 8 weeks but having trouble holding my stomach in when I suck it in. It just won't go flat like it used to!
    DW: 30
    DH: 32

2008 2010 2013

Cycle #1- HRC November 2014
    5 normal XX and 1 normal XY
    Transferred 1 XY HB BB- BFP!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Go for it Mocha. Maybe bring your phone--will they let you snap a pic of the screen? You could always ask.
    2004 2006 2010 2012

My BOY sway worked!! THANK YOU GENDER DREAMING!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Bumblebee--I am sorry you still feel sick. I still do too, but it is mild. I am having a problem not wanting left overs--I eat something once and can't even think of having it a second time. I also get really hungry but then everything either sounds gross, or I want to eat everything in sight. Weird.
    2004 2006 2010 2012

My BOY sway worked!! THANK YOU GENDER DREAMING!!

Page 102 of 296 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152202 ... LastLast