Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    From and outside P.O.V, I think you look adorable. I think you are smaller than you think you are. GL!
    16yrs 7yrs & 4yrs
    DS#2 died day of his birth 12/15/10

Praying and swaying for a precious baby boy but being blessed with a instead

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks, it is nice to hear "you look great" but wish I felt less like a whale! I am bigger this time so it has been hard. ANYWAY, DoulaMama is awesome huh? I am so happy it worked for you in a hospital, I seriously considered it but I think a HB is the very best for me. I actually had my first two at a standalone birth center with midwives and then my third was OP and acynclitic so I labored at the birth center for 5 or so hours and then pushed for 3 or so before going to the hospital because of a "stalled 2nd stage". I really really really wish my midwives had tried to help me turn her but maybe they thought they couldn't. Anyway, I really admire you for your VBAC. Send some good vbac vibes this way will you?
    We have 9, 7, and 4.

We swayed for a in January. It's a BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by iluvmyman View Post
    From and outside P.O.V, I think you look adorable. I think you are smaller than you think you are. GL!
    Oh thanks!
    We have 9, 7, and 4.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ah, Roon, that's so great that you had 2 birth center births already, I say go for a HB then, absolutely agree! And with your youngest being 4, your incision is healed well so you should have nothing to fear. Are you finding that the birth center doesn't want to take you again because of the c-section last time around?
    (2002) (2005) from 1st marriage. TTC since Aug 2010- Dx: low sperm count and 1% normal sperm. We are giving up and moving on with a baby-free life.
    UPDATE: surprise bfp in Feb 2013! It's a BOY!

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by LolaInLove View Post
    Ah, Roon, that's so great that you had 2 birth center births already, I say go for a HB then, absolutely agree! And with your youngest being 4, your incision is healed well so you should have nothing to fear. Are you finding that the birth center doesn't want to take you again because of the c-section last time around?
    Yes, they cannot get insurance if they accept VBAC and if they did have a VBAC mom they could lose their license. Same with my midwife so I have to pay out of pocket for her. She also told me that in case we would need to transfer (which I won't!) that we need to tell people she is my Doula. VBACs are really looked down on by insurance companies here which makes it hard for midwives to help women who want one.
    We have 9, 7, and 4.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Roonarpia View Post
    Yes, they cannot get insurance if they accept VBAC and if they did have a VBAC mom they could lose their license. Same with my midwife so I have to pay out of pocket for her. She also told me that in case we would need to transfer (which I won't!) that we need to tell people she is my Doula. VBACs are really looked down on by insurance companies here which makes it hard for midwives to help women who want one.
    Ugh, that sucks...such a shame that insurance companies have such power over the medical community, even the midwives and such with licenses. Well, I guess if you still want to do it, just gotta suck it up and pay your mw. And you know, if your son is in the right position, all should go very well and no worries. What do you have to do after a HB, out of curiosity? Do you have to bring the baby to the doctor right away?
    (2002) (2005) from 1st marriage. TTC since Aug 2010- Dx: low sperm count and 1% normal sperm. We are giving up and moving on with a baby-free life.

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ugh, that sucks...such a shame that insurance companies have such power over the medical community, even the midwives and such with licenses. Well, I guess if you still want to do it, just gotta suck it up and pay your mw. And you know, if your son is in the right position, all should go very well and no worries. What do you have to do after a HB, out of curiosity? Do you have to bring the baby to the doctor right away?
    No, if all is well with baby he just stays home with us. Then the midwife comes to our house for the checkups in the weeks following
    We have 9, 7, and 4.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No, if all is well with baby he just stays home with us. Then the midwife comes to our house for the checkups in the weeks following
    Oh nice! So, she will do all of this for you, just as if you are having a regular HB, but in case of emergency, the game changes, right? I hate that you have to pay out of pocket, but if you can afford it, your baby's birth is pretty darn important!

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh nice! So, she will do all of this for you, just as if you are having a regular HB, but in case of emergency, the game changes, right? I hate that you have to pay out of pocket, but if you can afford it, your baby's birth is pretty darn important!
    Yes if there is an emergency we just transfer or, heaven forbid, call an ambulance if it is that big of an emergency. I hate paying out of pocket and we can't afford it but my MW is letting me make payments, she is so awesome
    We have 9, 7, and 4.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes if there is an emergency we just transfer or, heaven forbid, call an ambulance if it is that big of an emergency. I hate paying out of pocket and we can't afford it but my MW is letting me make payments, she is so awesome
    That's great! Aw, it will be just perfect, no need to assume anything less.

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast