Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Just chatting!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Our doctors recommend starting solids between 4 and 6 months. With my other two I started rice cereal at 4 months and baby food at 6 months.

Z it sounds like you are really busy. My kids are on summer break right now so I don't have to worry about getting them up and ready for school yet. I go back to work in 3 weeks. I am a teacher. My kids school doesn't start until the week after. How nice that Eliza sleeps through the night. Lily is waking up 1-2 times a night so she is getting close. She is now able to fall asleep for naps on her own and she is extending her feeds to close to every 3 hours during the day so things are getting a little easier.

Mocha you are getting close to the end! I just noticed you are 30 weeks now. It won't be long now.

Pricess I would love to see new photos too
    DS(2004) DD1(2007) DD2(2012)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, it feels good to be 30 weeks now. The end doesn't seem so far away.

Z - here I was being thankful that my boys will be back in school when little Sadie is born, but I hadn't thought about how difficult the school drop-offs and pickups are going to be in those early months. I'll also have a bored ds3 at home since his two playmates will be off at school. Oh my - I guess he'll be watching more tv than usual too!
    Identical Twin Boys, May 2006

DS3, June 2009

Lost at 11 Weeks, November 2011

DD, September 2012

I can't believe I have a daughter!
    Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh, and we waited until 6 months to introduce solids to all our kids.

DS3, June 2009

DD, September 2012

Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I really can't wait for the summer holidays - 2 weeks to go! No doubt we'll get a bit fed up (especially as the weather is SO awful that we can't even play in the garden most days at the moment!) but at least we can wake up and get dressed at our own pace!!

I've had to put some clothes away for Eliza today because they're too small for her and she's sleeping here in her carrycot looking like she won't fit it for much longer - the last month of my pregnancy certainly didn't pass by this quickly!

I'm so happy to see you on the final countdown Mocha
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Glad I found you girls--thanks for the heads up sarah! EvaLili is 4 months old now and she's a good sleeper. She gets up 1 to 2 times to feed but since we cosleep I hardly notice. it helps that the kids are on summer break cause she and I sleep in til 10 most mornings! My kids start school in late July cause we have a modified school year so I am NOT looking forward to the morning rush!!! Poor Eva--not sure how she will handle the hectic schedule! I plan on introducing cereal in the next week or so. We will be out of town so when I get back I will. I waited 6 months with ds1 and he ended up being picky and having texture issues up until he was like 6!!! I let my others taste foods around 4 months and i think it really helped their pallets and they were less picky. Dh is a pediatrician and he recommends anywhere from 4-6 months to introduce cereal and veggies. but i BF for about 18 months.
    3 handsome s!
    our sway worked!
    Thought we were done...but expecting a surprise #5 nub looks promising for --shock of our life!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi GG - wow, 4 months already. Just crazy!

While we're on the subject and in case anybody's interested, here's a site on BLW (Babyled Weaning). I really can't recommend it enough as an alternative to the traditional route.

Baby Led Weaning - The Mush Stops Here!
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Z - we did a bit of baby led weaning with DS3, and I loved it! I think we'll try it again this time too.

DS3, June 2009

DD, September 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    hi ladies!! Thanks so much everyone for sharing when you started solids. Sounds like universally it is anywhere between 4-6 months. I am not breastfeeding (tried and didn't work) so may be a little easier to do it early.

Z--sorry you are so overwhelmed--but I am sure it will ease up soon--How old is Eliza? I feel like two to three months after giving birth, me and all my new mom friends got super overwhelmed and then it just went away. We all chalked it up to hormones. That's fabulous she's sleeping through the night already! Once Brody started sleeping through the night, made my days easier.

lobella--not sure if I already said this (I'll blame that on new mommy brain) but we always say we are going to name our daughter lily--in fact my husband refers to our future daughter as lilypad--lol. Love the name!

mocha--yaya for only 10 more weeks. I think it will be easier if the boys are back in school. My friend just found out she's having identical twins (I see you have them from your siggy)--it's so wonderful

glitter--so interesting about the palettes. I am the pickiest eater in the world--I hope that's not genetic--lol. Since I'm not bfing, I think we will try at around 5 months.

hope you guys all have wonderful days!
    (born March, 2012)--IVF at RMANY (no GS for first one since no real preference-said we'd do it for second one)--23 eggs--12 fertilized with ICSI--1 frozen

March/April 2013--SIRM NY--23 eggs, 15 embryos, 2 girls transferred, 1 girl and 1 unknown (only 4 celled at day 3 so no biopsy) frozen. BFP on HPT at 6dp5dt, Beta at 8dp5dt=70, Beta at 10dp5dt=216 , 1 hb at 6 weeks, ob appt at 7w2d--wow it's twins!!! CVS--2 HEALTHY GIRLS! Our twin girls were born 6 weeks early, but doing fabulously and we are so in love!! Our family is complete!!!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Ladies.........with DS1 I started cereal at 4 months...and he couldn't get enough...he loved it! But both DS2 & DS3 hated baby cereal & baby food!! And they both had a texture issue and still do! DS2 tho was the one who at 6 months would be in hog heaven sucking on a Dill pickle!! Go figure! DS3 tho wouldn't touch or eat anything baby food wise...he didn't have solids until he was about 9 months old.....but by his choice and only if he could do feed him self! He is still stubborn!
    Well Benjamin is 9 weeks old already! Yesterday was his check up he is 10lbs 5oz 23inches. The Pediatrician we saw yesterday said he is under weight (he only eats 2oz at a time if he eats 4 he pukes it all back up...so we feed him 2 then about 15 20minutes later 2 more and he keeps it down) and if he is still under weight and not eating the full 4oz at a time by the next visit she will put him on meds. I said nothing to her at the time because she is not his doctor his was just out of town...but this weight issue is not even a issue if she knew DS2 has always been under weight and didn't even get into the 50% until last year (which she didn't)..and she also was very nasty about a different subject...so I just ignored her and when I made my next appt. they ask if i was seeing her again and I very bluntly said NO...we see Dr. Conte! He is DS2 & 3 Pedi. and i am very happy with him because he was not rude about a personal choice when it came to my children! And Dr. Conte knows I have other kids and knows that DS2 was always on the small side! All the way home I was thinking...omg did she really think that this is my first rodeo....she ask me like 5 times if I had any questions about my baby.....and then she would throw in the question stuff like...well do you have any questions about his skin etc.....and I very politely said nope every time...I really think she thought I was stupid and I did know what I was doing! Sorry for the little rant but I can not tolerate Doctors that a rude and pushy about things to me those are the ones that think homeopathic is a bunch of garbage....and I have experianced 1st hand how it is not garbage!! In fact if I can I will do it over the garbage they try to shove at you!! Again sorry!!
    Anyway my short little note an picture seems to have gotten carried away!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "All because 2 people fell in love"

1998 2007 & 2009
    2010 Evan Daniel....fought hydrops for 4 long weeks then I said "it is ok to go now" gone but never forgotten

5/7/2012 He is finally here!!!

http://princessamongprinces-1.blogspot.com/

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Princess he is just darling I can't believe what a jerk the dr was. I hate when doctors act like the parents don't know anything. I went through this a lot with my DS. He has an intestinal disease so we have been to many doctors and I always appreciated the ones that treated me with respect and acknowledged that I know my child best. I didn't go back to the ones that were rude.
    DS(2004) DD1(2007) DD2(2012)

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast