Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Just chatting!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What a cutie! I love that big smile! Eva Lili went in for her shots and check up and she was 25% in everything! I've always had skinny little kids (although she has the fattest thighs, arms and cheeks) and in fact Im afraid ds3 may be in 3rd percent...he goes in a few weeks for his physical. I'm not too worried though--as long as theyre eating well and their development is on target and are healthy. I may get ds3 checked for food allergies if he is low on the growth chart--we'll see. We'll be out of town the next several days but hope to chat again soon! I hope you all have a great week!!!
    3 handsome s!
    our sway worked!
    Thought we were done...but expecting a surprise #5 nub looks promising for --shock of our life!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    He's adorable, princess!

GG - my twins are in the 25th percentile - they can still fit into size 4 clothes, and they're 6! DS3, on the other hand, is in the 90th percentile for weight. I think he's going to outgrow his big brothers before too long!
    Identical Twin Boys, May 2006

DS3, June 2009

Lost at 11 Weeks, November 2011

DD, September 2012

I can't believe I have a daughter!
    Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    princess--he is sooo cute!! I hope you never have to go to that doctor again!!!

I was always off the charts for weight since I was so small (wish I still was--lol) and they always said that was fine.

My son on the other hand is 97% for weight--oh boy!
    (born March, 2012)--IVF at RMANY (no GS for first one since no real preference-said we'd do it for second one)--23 eggs--12 fertilized with ICSI--1 frozen

March/April 2013--SIRM NY--23 eggs, 15 embryos, 2 girls transferred, 1 girl and 1 unknown (only 4 celled at day 3 so no biopsy) frozen. BFP on HPT at 6dp5dt, Beta at 8dp5dt=70, Beta at 10dp5dt=216 , 1 hb at 6 weeks, ob appt at 7w2d--wow it's twins!!! CVS--2 HEALTHY GIRLS! Our twin girls were born 6 weeks early, but doing fabulously and we are so in love!! Our family is complete!!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Since all of you have older children I have a big kid question. I now have 3 kids in diapers Of course my older two just wear them at night, but its still a pain to have to buy so many diapers. Does anyone have any advise on how to night potty train. My son is almost 8 but he has an intestinal disease so I am not doing anything about his nightime potty issues yet, but my daughter is almost 5 and she still wears a diaper at night. She almost never wakes up dry. I have tried to put her in panties at night for a few nights, but she just wets them. She really wants to were panties and be done with diapers. We don't let her drink before bed either. Any suggestions? Or is she just not ready yet?
    DS(2004) DD1(2007) DD2(2012)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    She might just not be ready. My nephew had to wear a Goodnites to bed until he was 10, and my niece (his sister) is still wearing them at 8.5. Their father wet the bed until he was 12, and apparently these things are often hereditary. Some kids' bladders just aren't big enough to last all night.

Having said that, there are some tips you can try. I have twin 6 year olds - a year ago they were still wearing diapers to bed, but I started putting them to bed in underpants and bringing them to the bathroom to pee when I went to bed - 11ish. Yes, we still had some accidents, but it made it so the accidents weren't every night, just a few nights a week. After doing this for several months, I tried going without bathroom trips - one son now has no more accidents, but after the other son wet his bed every day for a week, we went back to the late night bathroom trips. I still bring him every night - and as long as I do, he doesn't wet the bed. You could try something like that with your dd. You have to make sure you're prepared to change lots of wet sheets in the early days. I was doing at least one extra load of laundry a day when we started - especially in the winter, when we had thick comforters on their beds. Sometimes I layered a fitted sheet with a waterproof sheet then another fitted sheet on top so I could just strip the top two layers if they peed in the night. They also now sell disposable waterproof pads you could try.
    Identical Twin Boys, May 2006

DS3, June 2009

Lost at 11 Weeks, November 2011

DD, September 2012

I can't believe I have a daughter!
    Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi ladies just reading your posts about night time potty training. I use Brolly Sheets on my boys beds, they are a 100% cotton top mattress protector, waterproof so if they wet through you only have to take the Brolly sheet off and the rest of the bed stays dry. My DS1 who is 5 was potty trained at night by age 3.5, but my DS2 is 3 in October and not even potty trained in the day. He is very very stubborn, and will just wet through all the time! The website is Waterproof bedding, Mattress Protectors & Sheets l Brolly Sheets Bedwetting Solutions.

My daughter is 4.5 months and started sleeping through the night a few weeks ago. I had to stopped breastfeeding at 3 months as she was not gaining weight and had started to dropped off the weight scale. We also had an early evening to nearly midnight crying time every night as she was so hungry. She only weighed 2.35 kg when we left hospital and is now 5 kg. I think I will start her on solids at 6 months like my boys, she is drinking 150mls five times a day, have tried giving her more but she brings it back up. I am wondering if she is teething as her poos are so runny and smell very acidic, my boys did not start teething until nearly one. It is not the formula as her poos before we're smoother and a green color, is 4 months early to be teething?

Have enjoyed reading your posts in this section, great ideas and advice
    2007, 2009, 2012

Cycle 1 SART Bangkok - 43 eggs retrieved, 19 fertilized, 18 PGD, 4 normals 3XX and 1XY
    SET 25/06/11
    9dp5dt BFP : , 11dp5dt 278, 20dp5dt 13665, 24dp5dt 27787
    03/08/11 One Heartbeat 164 bpm
    My DD Harper Shae was born on the 27th Feb 2012 weighing 6lb 1oz

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Regrow--my ds3 was teething early and I think he got his first tooth 4 or 5 months so that may be the case.
    Lobella--they may just not be ready. I know it's frustrating for them but I know a few kids that took longer to stay dry at night and my friend's son still wears pull ups at night and he's 12! My DH is a pediatrician and he says it's normal but there are underwear alarms on the market that go off at the first hint of wetness then wake the child up. My friend hasn't tried that yet but apparently it is genetic cause her husband and his brothers all wet the bed into their teens!!!
    3 handsome s!
    our sway worked!
    Thought we were done...but expecting a surprise #5 nub looks promising for --shock of our life!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    regrow...they def can be teething at 4 months
    (born March, 2012)--IVF at RMANY (no GS for first one since no real preference-said we'd do it for second one)--23 eggs--12 fertilized with ICSI--1 frozen

March/April 2013--SIRM NY--23 eggs, 15 embryos, 2 girls transferred, 1 girl and 1 unknown (only 4 celled at day 3 so no biopsy) frozen. BFP on HPT at 6dp5dt, Beta at 8dp5dt=70, Beta at 10dp5dt=216 , 1 hb at 6 weeks, ob appt at 7w2d--wow it's twins!!! CVS--2 HEALTHY GIRLS! Our twin girls were born 6 weeks early, but doing fabulously and we are so in love!! Our family is complete!!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the advice and info ladies. We have been out of town for a week so I did not even try to do anything with my dd at night. We shall start tonight. I figured I would give it a week of us taking her potty at night and see if we see any change and if not stop and wait until she is a little older. I do hope she is out of diapers before she is 12 but it is good to know that some kids do take a long time.
    DS(2004) DD1(2007) DD2(2012)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    HELLO!!! so nice to see many of you here, didn't feel I fit into the old chatting pages anymore as I was no longer pg!! so lovely to catch up here!

My girls are 15wks old tomorrow and were weighed today DD1- now 12lbs 7oz and DD2- 13lbs!! They are around 25th centile, my boys on the other hand were 90th+ lol DD1 has been choking and worrying me alot, she could hardly catch a breath and even my mum panicked with me! It was the 2nd time, 1st was 2 days ago. I had to pat her back hard and my mum blew on her face, was so so scary. Think she has a bit of a cold starting (from ds2) and excess salvia from teething as she is a huge drooler, if she does it again I'm straight to doc. They have had colic, still have reflux and I've been kept busy, so not on here much. They don't sleep all night and waken sround 3am for a feed then 7am, but I'm bottle feeding them and up around 2hrs each feed.

I've had my good and bad days but still so much in love with them and hate how time is passing so quickly. I too have gained a ton, which is sad as when I was pg I gained 25lbs extra body weight (not including babies/placenta) and since having the twins I've gained another 14lbs due to sitting around feeding so much (apprx 6hrs a day feeding in total) and not eating properly, just quick and easy, often junk food! So annoyed with myself after initially only having 25lbs to loose and now I'm super depressed about my weight, stressed and have started dieting twice and failed after a week due to no motivation. I need a good kick up the bum!!! Would like to exercise now my section scar is healed, but I have a sore back and like Zanacal have dizzy spells alot, which doc says is labrinthitis.

Listen to me moaning....... I actually am so so happy inside. When I look at my girls it is all worth while and the weight will go, things will get easier, but for now I just take one day at a time and hope my poor boys aren't thinking "mum has gone mad"......lol Know Dh prob does and the Health visitor who came today!! lol

Sorry for the rant, but don't really have anyone other than my mum to blurt all that out to and it does take a weight off just typing all this.... promise my next message will be less 'me me me' this one wasn't supposed to be, got carried away!
    2002 2006

IDENTICAL TWIN born 3rd April 2012

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast