Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Just chatting!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Inglewood - no apologies necessary. Twins are HARD - I can attest to that, and what is this forum for if not a place for us to talk freely about what we're going through? I found things got way easier with my twins around 6 months. I was able to get them on a great napping/eating schedule, and feelings (I nursed, mind you) went much more quickly. I hope your girls give you a break soon!
    Identical Twin Boys, May 2006

DS3, June 2009

Lost at 11 Weeks, November 2011

DD, September 2012

I can't believe I have a daughter!
    Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    yeah inglewood--no worries at all about venting here! Hope you get a break soon! My sis has 3 month old twins--it's a lot of work. Having one is enough work. That being said, I'm still dying for twins next go around--especially twin girls since we are doing IVF/PGD Anyway, feel free to vent anytime!

As for me--i'm back at work--working three days a week. Not bad but it's been so hard for me to actually work--my mind is in la la land--I'm scared it'll never come back. Haha rather than working I'm posting this. It is so nice to go home to my son though and makes me appreciate my days off even more!

hope everyone is doing well!! xoxo
    (born March, 2012)--IVF at RMANY (no GS for first one since no real preference-said we'd do it for second one)--23 eggs--12 fertilized with ICSI--1 frozen

March/April 2013--SIRM NY--23 eggs, 15 embryos, 2 girls transferred, 1 girl and 1 unknown (only 4 celled at day 3 so no biopsy) frozen. BFP on HPT at 6dp5dt, Beta at 8dp5dt=70, Beta at 10dp5dt=216 , 1 hb at 6 weeks, ob appt at 7w2d--wow it's twins!!! CVS--2 HEALTHY GIRLS! Our twin girls were born 6 weeks early, but doing fabulously and we are so in love!! Our family is complete!!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm glad work is going ok. I admire you ladies who have to/choose to go back to work after a couple of months. I'm grateful that I'll get at least 9 months off, hopefully a year - but on the other hand after so long at home it's really difficult to wrench yourself away again!

I'm so glad I'm at home with the boys for the long summer holidays this year - even though I may be completely grey by the time they go back to school in September!!
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by zanacal View Post
    I'm glad work is going ok. I admire you ladies who have to/choose to go back to work after a couple of months. I'm grateful that I'll get at least 9 months off, hopefully a year - but on the other hand after so long at home it's really difficult to wrench yourself away again!

I'm so glad I'm at home with the boys for the long summer holidays this year - even though I may be completely grey by the time they go back to school in September!!
    wow z--you get 9 months?????? 4.5 months is pretty long for where I live. Do you get that much time each time you have a child?
    (born March, 2012)--IVF at RMANY (no GS for first one since no real preference-said we'd do it for second one)--23 eggs--12 fertilized with ICSI--1 frozen

March/April 2013--SIRM NY--23 eggs, 15 embryos, 2 girls transferred, 1 girl and 1 unknown (only 4 celled at day 3 so no biopsy) frozen. BFP on HPT at 6dp5dt, Beta at 8dp5dt=70, Beta at 10dp5dt=216 , 1 hb at 6 weeks, ob appt at 7w2d--wow it's twins!!! CVS--2 HEALTHY GIRLS! Our twin girls were born 6 weeks early, but doing fabulously and we are so in love!! Our family is complete!!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Here in Canada, everyone gets a full year maternity leave. Too bad I'm a SAHM now so I don't benefit from it anymore...

DS3, June 2009

DD, September 2012

Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    alreadyneedivf, here in the UK, with zanacal we are all now entiltled to 1 year maternity leave but it's up to each individual how much you can afford to take. It used to be less, with ds1 I was back after 4mths. I personally get 2 months full pay, 4 mths half pay plus the government give us a payment until 9mths. Then from 9mths most of us get no pay from work and the government top up ends. I can really only afford to take the 6mths off, but having the twins has been so tough I have been saving to take a little more time off and go back when they are 9mths old. Dreading it already, at least I will be at home at xmas, back to work in January.

Wish I was a SAHM so much, just can't afford it. Thankfully I only work 2 nights per week as a nurse, so as far as the kids have ever known I am a SAHM to them, just a very tired one!! lol

Thanks for all your support in my rambling..... x
    2002 2006

IDENTICAL TWIN born 3rd April 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ha looks like I'm in the wrong country for maternity leave--lol--my 4.5 months paid was one of the most generous deals of my friends. I could have taken an additional 1.5 months off, but nobody has ever done that at my firm sooo I didn't want to start (especially since I asked for three days a week).

I--are you feeling better about things? I hope so!! that's fabulous that you can be at home most of the day with your children

Mocha--aw it came up on the side when I signed on in another post that you lost your father--I'm so sorry to hear this It is never easy. Thinking of you and your family.

Hope everyone else is doing well. Going to a mom's night out event tomorrow--should be interesting.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Inglewood View Post

Wish I was a SAHM so much, just can't afford it. Thankfully I only work 2 nights per week as a nurse, so as far as the kids have ever known I am a SAHM to them, just a very tired one!! lol
    I'm the opposite - I can't afford to work! My former career was as a museologist. Fun, rewarding work, but there's absolutely no money in it. The decision to become a SAHM was easy when I had my twins and realised that daycare for the two of them would take my entire take-home salary! I plan to go back to work part time (though in a different career since I now live in a different city) once all 4 kids are in school full-time. That will be in 4 years, when this little girl starts Junior Kindergarten.

And just to clarify - our year maternity leave here in Canada is paid. The government gives us 55% of our salary, and many companies will top you up so you're getting close to your normal salary (though I wasn't this lucky). Moms can also split their leave with the father - I've known many families where each of them took 6 months off instead of the Mom taking the full year. Even though we have such amazing benefits here, there's a strong movement to get our mat leave extended to TWO years!

DS3, June 2009

DD, September 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alreadyneedivf View Post
    Mocha--aw it came up on the side when I signed on in another post that you lost your father--I'm so sorry to hear this It is never easy. Thinking of you and your family.
    Thanks. He's been sick a long time - he's been bedridden in the hospital since November - so his passing was no surprise. It doesn't make it any less sad, though.

DS3, June 2009

DD, September 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    More hugs Mocha xxx
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast