Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Just chatting!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Just chatting!

Thought I'd post something to get the new forum going - though I don't really have anything to say!

We're doing pretty good here. Eliza is 4 weeks old now (sob!) and an angel baby - she feeds well and sleeps well and is easy to care for. I'm sure this will bite me on the bum at some point in the not so distant future so I'm enjoying it while I can!

The headaches I was worried about a short while ago seem to have subsided so I guess they were hormonal afterall. I do still feel quite light headed some days and I don't know what that's about but my blood pressure was pretty low for me when I had it checked so perhaps it's something to do with that.

I cannot believe how much weight I put on this pregnancy. I was much lighter than I've ever been pre-pregnancy thanks to the LE diet, but to get back down to that weight I'd need to lose 5 stone (70lbs!). Ugh! When did you all start dieting/exercising after you had your babies? I'm giving myself 6 weeks before I start anything (I'm breastfeeding) but it's getting quite depressing getting clothes to fit (mainly still wearing maternity) and seeing my squishy guts in the mirror. I think I'll do Weight Watchers. I'd love to get back to Zumba but Eliza still has no routine (which suits me fine for now) so I can't plan in advance to be out of the house at a certain time in case she needs feeding so I'll have to try a DVD.

How's everybody else doing?
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good idea to start a new forum here.

Lily is now almost 2 1/2 months. I am getting very sad about returning to work in a month We are just starting to get into a slight routine. Hopefully it will be better by the end of the month. I have started to pump and give her a bottle every morning. She fights with me some mornings, but she gives in pretty easily. She would much rather nurse I have not really been dieting, but I did not have much of an appetite the first 2 months so a lot of my pregnancy weight came off quickly. Now my appetite is back so I am watching what I eat. I have 10 pounds to go, but I have a really fast metabolism so it makes it easier.
    DS(2004) DD1(2007) DD2(2012)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    hi ladies! my son is almost four months. I started dieting at around 6 weeks. I have a wedding tomorrow so had to be back to my weight in time for it--haha didn't feel like buying a new dress--I guess one would call that laziness.

Zanacal--my son was the same way and has been since he's been born--eats well (super chubster) and sleeps well--I always say I never want to jinx it but now at 4 months he is still sleeping great! Is weight watchers popular in england? Here it's the most popular diet.

lobella--i go back to work in 2 weeks--tear tear--I am going back for three days a week but am so sad to leave the baby.
    Last edited by alreadyneedivf; July 3rd, 2012 at 08:44 AM.
    (born March, 2012)--IVF at RMANY (no GS for first one since no real preference-said we'd do it for second one)--23 eggs--12 fertilized with ICSI--1 frozen

March/April 2013--SIRM NY--23 eggs, 15 embryos, 2 girls transferred, 1 girl and 1 unknown (only 4 celled at day 3 so no biopsy) frozen. BFP on HPT at 6dp5dt, Beta at 8dp5dt=70, Beta at 10dp5dt=216 , 1 hb at 6 weeks, ob appt at 7w2d--wow it's twins!!! CVS--2 HEALTHY GIRLS! Our twin girls were born 6 weeks early, but doing fabulously and we are so in love!! Our family is complete!!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey ladies - obviously I haven't had my baby yet, but I thought I'd follow you here anyway a few months early .

Z- I've already gained over 50 lbs, and I'm only 29 weeks, so by the end I might have as much weight to lose as you. I have a wedding one month after my due date, and I'm not looking forward to having to find a dress that will fit me. I've been thinking of eventually going back on the LE diet to lose the pounds, but including more whole grains, healthy fats, and a higher protein threshold. It's the only diet I've ever been on, and I was amazed at how quickly the pounds melted off me.
    Identical Twin Boys, May 2006

DS3, June 2009

Lost at 11 Weeks, November 2011

DD, September 2012

I can't believe I have a daughter!
    Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mochagirl View Post
    Hey ladies - obviously I haven't had my baby yet, but I thought I'd follow you here anyway a few months early .

Z- I've already gained over 50 lbs, and I'm only 29 weeks, so by the end I might have as much weight to lose as you. I have a wedding one month after my due date, and I'm not looking forward to having to find a dress that will fit me. I've been thinking of eventually going back on the LE diet to lose the pounds, but including more whole grains, healthy fats, and a higher protein threshold. It's the only diet I've ever been on, and I was amazed at how quickly the pounds melted off me.
    Hi mocha! Hope you are feeling well! Maybe I should check out the le diet in swaying to lose weight!
    (born March, 2012)--IVF at RMANY (no GS for first one since no real preference-said we'd do it for second one)--23 eggs--12 fertilized with ICSI--1 frozen

March/April 2013--SIRM NY--23 eggs, 15 embryos, 2 girls transferred, 1 girl and 1 unknown (only 4 celled at day 3 so no biopsy) frozen. BFP on HPT at 6dp5dt, Beta at 8dp5dt=70, Beta at 10dp5dt=216 , 1 hb at 6 weeks, ob appt at 7w2d--wow it's twins!!! CVS--2 HEALTHY GIRLS! Our twin girls were born 6 weeks early, but doing fabulously and we are so in love!! Our family is complete!!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm sure any good diet would do the job, but what I like about LE is that it doesn't restrict carbs. I'm not sure I'd be very successful at Weight Watchers since I loooooove pasta. The only thing I really missed while on LE was cheese (too high in protein and sodium) and snacking, but since I wouldn't be doing the diet to sway I could include a little more cheese and I could snack on fruit between meals so I don't feel so hungry. I got so used to the LE diet after many months on it that I didn't feel like I was suffering too much at all, and I think with fewer restrictions it would be even easier to follow. I would just use it to shed the baby pounds and get back to my pre-LE diet weight, which was 25lbs more than the weight I was at when I got my BFP. If I get ambitious I might try to get a little lower than that, but I don't want to get as low as I was while TTC because my family all thought I looked anorexic!

DS3, June 2009

DD, September 2012

Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yay the new forum is here for us!!! I have been mia for a while I guess...just trying to stay busy with the boys this summer! And I really need to get some pictures of Benjamin he is 8 weeks already....crazy!

And I am with the rest of you ladies....although I didn't gain the weight this time like I did with my other boys. But that was all because of the Gest. Diabetes diet I had to be on. But now that I have passed my six week check up and the surgery is done and over I plan on starting a work out routine....we bought a punching bag as I figured it would be good for everyone when we are stressed out to go beat on it!! And I have been trying to eat similar to how you eat on the Gest. Diabetes diet.....which is lots of veggis and protein! Carbs are my weakness so I am teying to eat less of them....but it I have to have some I have been doing the low carb bread and tortillas which the ones I found actually taste good!

Hopefully more of the others will join us on here to chat....Mocha you are always welcome to join us! I have been stalking you in your due date thread. I love reading about all the new babies that are coming soon!
    "All because 2 people fell in love"

1998 2007 & 2009
    2010 Evan Daniel....fought hydrops for 4 long weeks then I said "it is ok to go now" gone but never forgotten

5/7/2012 He is finally here!!!

http://princessamongprinces-1.blogspot.com/

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    hi ladies!

princess...def post pics of benjamin...i love that name! 8 weeks...so cute! the gest. diabetes diet would be hard for me since i hate veggies...lol.

mocha...the le diet sounds good to me..i LOVE carbs like you! lol. I guess I am not really a good dieter..I also like alcohol a lot..lol. yay for the sway working! my bff just was thinking about swaying for her third. I want to send her here but don't want her to know this is me and I am doing gender selection. lol.

so when do your docs recommend introducing solids? mine said between 4 and 6 months anytime.

hope you all have a fabulous weekend!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry I've not been around lately. I've been busy reading and have been feeling quite overwhelmed by everything - and getting less and less done and feeling even more overwhelmed in the process!

I haven't started the diet yet but will get oragnised some time this week probably. Weight Watchers is very popular here and so is Slimming World. Both are good and on both you get to eat lots more if you're exlusively breastfeeding so it should be easier to do now than down the line once Eliza's eating solid foods!

I'm not sure what the official recommendation for weaning on to solids is here now - it's something vague about breastfeeding exclusively for 6 months as an ideal but making sure baby is at least 4 months old otherwise. I wean mine all at around 6 months and we do babyled weaning instead of purees. I love it!

I feel quite dizzy today having done lots of housework this morning and I think I'm ovulating - ugh! I'm not surprised as I always get my period back soon after birth despite exclusively breastfeeding and Eliza often sleeps through the night so I've been expecting it. Last night she slept around 9.5 hours without a feed - and even then I had to wake her to make sure we had time before school!
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry you're feeling overwhelmed, Z

DS3, June 2009

DD, September 2012

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast