Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by cvd View Post
    Hi! I did contact that one, they said only starting at 18 weeks. I have literally phoned all over the GTA! Seems they all changed they're guidelines since the CBC thing. Thank you though!! I am still crossing my fingers to find one!
    Oh too bad. Hopefully, when I get a BFP and am around 15-16 weeks, I will plan a shopping trip to Buffalo and get the scan done down there. I hope you find one in the GTA

BFP February 2013!!!

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    lol The waiting sounds harder than the diet!; )

BFP February 2013!!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I just checked that one out! The drive time difference between me going to Niagara Falls and there is 20 mins so I just may have to make a Christmas shopping trip!!! Thank you so much for sending me that link!!
    I just have to convince DH into it now. I told him I want to go to Niagara falls and he literally thought I was insane! I find it hilarious that when I told him about swaying (and I first found IG) and all about the DIET, the ions, the pH, the chinese calendar, biorhythms, lunar phases etc he was like okay sounds good no problem, but taking a trip to find out the gender is CRAZY to him hahah! and yes the waiting is WAY HARDER then the diet for me!!
    June 21 2011 - Ryder
    May 22 2013 - Hudson

Our family is now complete - no more babies for us. We didn't get our girl but I wouldn't trade my boys for the world, so in love.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by lime View Post
    Funny about DH. I spoke to my friend who had the private u/s done in Markham and she said that 18 weeks is just their recommendation. You can come in at 15/16 weeks.
    I've given up on gta, ill search Markhams one last time lol I still have a couple I'm awaiting email replies still though! Maybe it's different if you just go in? I'm not sure! Did she mention the name? I contacted uc baby and baby in sight for Markham. I actually had one email saying "at 14 weeks it is almost impossible to determine gender" hm. I understand it may be not as reliable as 18 but look at all the ladies here who find out 12-14 weeks! Impossible is a strong word!!!
    But I have DH agreeing to go for the road trip to buffalo or Niagara Falls as a "family weekend"! We aren't telling anyone about ultrasound though we've agreed! I'm going to call and ask more info tomorrow!
    Where abouts are you in the TTC process anyway?? I hope all is going well for you! I appreciate all your help here!
    June 21 2011 - Ryder
    May 22 2013 - Hudson

Our family is now complete - no more babies for us. We didn't get our girl but I wouldn't trade my boys for the world, so in love.

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am glad that your husband agreed to go to Niagara/Buffalo with you. Good luck to you!!!

I'm currently on the diet and will have my first attempt at ttc in December. I've been on the diet since end of September, but only strict since mid-October.

I just asked my friend who went to BabyinSight in Markham at 16 weeks and she said that she called them at 15 weeks and they told her to come in at 18 weeks. So, she just scheduled the u/s for the next week and said that she'll be 'around' 18 weeks. So, she lied....lol
    Anyway, she came in and the u/s tech (she said her name was April) saw right away that she wasn't 18 weeks, but obviously went ahead to look for the gender anyway and didn't really question it. April just said that she thinks that she's less than 18 weeks, so my friend played dumb and April didn't question her further. I'm sure women walk in all the time before 18 weeks to get an u/s and the u/s place doesn't care too much (just needs to tell people a 18+ week recommendation to protect itself.. they are a profit making business, so as long as you pay the money, they'll do the u/s). She said that it really wasn't an issue at all! I just looked at their site and it says the following:
    When can the gender be determined?
    We reccommend scheduling your gender determination appointment after 18 weeks gestation. If for any reason we are unable to assess the gender during your ultrasound (eg. difficult fetal position), you can return at a later date for a free reassessment.

BFP February 2013!!!

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    By the way, I agree with you that many times you can see the gender at 14 weeks. Maybe wait until you are 15/16 weeks to be sure. But you can get a side picture of the baby at 14 weeks based on the 'Angle of the 30 degrees' and post it here or ingender to get some good educated guesses. If it is more than 30 degrees, then it is male, if it is less, then it is female. The studies done have at least a 90% success rate based on the angle of the genitals to the lower skin surface.

BFP February 2013!!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the info Lime! I booked the ultrasound for when I will be 14w+3 (I was measuring 3 days big at my last ultrasound so hoping the baby keeps growing at this rate so it will actually be more like 15 weeks lol). If we can't see the gender because it's too soon, we will just have to wait for the regular scan at 18 weeks! I am so excited!!

PS: Good luck with your first attempt next month. I will definitely be checking for your updates lol! AND I ordered a reading from Tania! I'm excited to see what she says!
    Last edited by cvd; November 9th, 2012 at 01:33 PM.
    June 21 2011 - Ryder
    May 22 2013 - Hudson

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Update: found out today we are having a baby boy!
    June 21 2011 - Ryder
    May 22 2013 - Hudson

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Big hugs hunny - is there no way you guys could think about number 3 in a few years time ? xxx
    Mummy to 3 gorgeous Boys and FINALLY our baby Girl
    Owen 2004
    Ellis 2006
    Liam 2009
    D Amy 2013

M/C Oct 2012 after 4 months trying

BFP again !! - Nov 2012 - Confirmed Twins at 6+5 then my dreams were crushed at 8+ weeks when one of our twins sadly died.

THANK YOU TO GENDER DREAMING FOR HELPING MAKE OUR DREAMS COME TRUE

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So sorry you didn't hear girl! Brothers are the best though! Maybe in a couple of years you can try again! Happy the baby boy is healthy!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345