Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

my pink sway - it's a boy

I'm now 30 weeks pregnant with a little boy after swaying for a girl. Sorry it's taken me so long to come back and talk about the sway, I've really struggled with GD since finding out and it's very painful to come back to this board and see how many people got their girls. However, I remember looking at this part of the forum before my sway and feeling like it was almost a sure thing, so I just want to offer others a more balanced view. I hope there's something to be learned from my experience.

I followed the LE diet for 2 months before my attempt. I've been a vegetarian for years, and beyond that I delayed breakfast as much as possible and ate a snack instead of lunch if I was starving. This was a huge change for me, because I usually make a point of eating lots of nutrients and would never skip meals. I drank a disgusting amount of crystal light. I lost about 10 pounds, which was fairly significant because I was thin to begin with. I found the diet tough because I was (and still am) breastfeeding, and at the time of my sway, my son was breastfeeding 5-6 times a day.

Because I was BFing, I didn't take many supplements. I took Vitex for 2 months and Benadryl around our attempt. I did what I could in terms of ions (used a rock salt lamp, took showers, used a negative ion bracelet) but didn't worry about it too much. DH took calcium and magnesium supplements and released twice a day from 10 dpo, and we BD'd O-1, o-3 and O-4. I didn't plan it this way, but I O'd late that month (day 23) and it got a bit confusing (ferning test told me something very different than OPKs, and it was only when I looked back on my chart after O that I was able to see what actually happened). I used rephresh every few days.

We got pregnant our first month trying, which came as a total shock since our other pregnancies have been trickier.

Looking back, I probably could have done more, but I'm trying not to let myself go there right now. I'm trying to tell myself that the universe must have a better plan for my family than I could have come up with on my own.

Good luck, I wish you girls all the best
    Last edited by bodhi; February 26th, 2012 at 09:45 PM.

2. Likes HealthyGirl liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds like you did your best. Thank you for the update.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm sorry that your sway didn't work out and also sorry that you felt in any way that swaying was a sure thing.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well. Shoot. Right? I'm so sorry you've been experiencing GD. You sound a lot like me and your sway sounds a lot like what I'd do. I'm also veg and slim already, although, if I sway, was thinking i'd be willing to lose 10 lbs. But...doesn't always turn out!

Of course you know that once you hold your little guy in your hands, you will be instantly in love, but I'm sorry for how you feel now. Wishing you a healthy and happy 10 weeks!!
    Proud Mom to my gorgeous 2008, and 2010. Lights of my life!!

Pretesting "normal". FSH 7.5

Cycle 1: HRC Feb 10 2012
    Started off slow on 225 Gonal F, 1 Meno; increased to 300 Gonal F and over responded. 27 eggs received, 19 mature, 15 fert, only 8 to GSN, all terrible quality- only one normal XY. NT. Boo.

Cycle 2: HRC May 2012
    Took DHEA (only 25-50 mg/day), royal jelly, bee propolis, CoQ10. Antagonist cycle with growth hormone. Started off with 300 Gonal-F and quickly moved down to 150 Gonal-F and rode it out. 43 eggs, 35 mature, 30 fert, 9 to Day 5 GSN, 1 normal XY and two normal XX. Froze all.
    July 2012 - FET at HRC, transferred 1 XX expanding blast. ???

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds like you did your best shot and this baby was meant to be a he. I'm sorry you did not get a girl but want to wish you the best with your new little one xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Fathers Day baby!

Busy Mummy of 5 now working from home: www.oz.scentsy.com.au

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So sorry to hear of your GD - completely understandable. Its a shame swaying isn't an exact science and that we can't all get out DG. Congrats on your pregnancy - I'm sure your little man will bring you endless joy.
    2 x
    ITS A GIRL!!!!!

Thankyou genderdreaming!

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for posting. I know it is difficult when it is an opposite.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for posting your sway it sounded great as swaying goes. Lots of sways have failed recently and I really don't believe in it much anymore. Really think it's luck of the draw. Congratulations on your little boy.
    2 yrs old ~ 4 yrs old ~ TTC Now!

My blog if you fancy a read...

http://honeybumblecustomdyed.blogspot.co.uk/

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much for posting this! As someone who is in the early stages of planning a girl sway, I truly appreciate you sharing. Even though we all know swaying isn't 100%, it's hard to not get wrapped up in all the success stories.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm sorry bodhi. Thanks for coming back and sharing. Unfortunately there's a big element of luck involved even when we do everything we can to sway one way or the other and I think you should feel happy that you did all you could.
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast