Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Big Smile NeedAGirl!'s Girl sway WORKED!!!

NAME- NeedAGirl!
    GENDER RESULTED - GIRL!!!

I will sing to the Lord, for He has been good to me! Psalm 13:6
    I have heard your prayers and seen your tears. 2 Kings 20:5
    Weeping may remain for a night but rejoicing comes in the morning! Psalm 30:5
    Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy! Psalm 126:5
    Prasie be to God who has not rejected my prayer or withheld his love from me! Psalm 66:20

DIET
    I was on the diet for almost 5 months prior to attempt. Started on October 26, 2011 until BFP on March 21, 2012. My diet was changed completely. I never paid attention to counting calories or what I ate before although in my pre-sway diet I ate a variety of fresh vegetables, fruits, whole grains, healthy meats, etc before this diet. I also never realized how much sodium I consumed! (and I hardly add salt to my food) So this was way different.

Followed the LE diet. Basically ate the same things – plain rice or pasta as my main meals of the day. 1 or 2 servings of fat free dairy daily. Some fruits (mostly apples and some berries) and vegetables (mostly lettuce). Ate salt free crackers, salt free baked tortilla chips, salt free homemade bread, etc. Also ate a fair amount of fat free candy and regular soda just for the calories. Followed my amounts of nutrients consumed with FitDay. My average calorie intake varied. At the beginning, I ate around 1200 cal until my BMI dropped to about 18.5. Once it did, I increased to 1600 cal as I found that was the amount I needed to stop losing weight. I ate about 30g of protein, 15-20g of fat daily and less than 700mg of sodium daily. I had a few cheats but they were rare.

I felt weight loss was really important and I did not have a whole lot to lose. My weight went from 132 to 110 at my BFP (BMI 21.6 to 18.0). Even though I tried hard to maintain my weight, it actually fell from 113 to 110 this cycle. This was for sure my thinnest adult weight. Even in high school, I was about 115.

DID YOU CONTINUE DIET AFTER ATTEMPT & HOW LONG? Yes, strictly until BFP.
    CAFFEINE – One cup of regular coffee daily in the morning. DH 1-2 cups per day
    DRINKS – I can not tolerate aspartame so CL and diet coke were out. I drank my 1 cup of coffee daily, 2-3 cups of peppermint tea AF-O and seltzer water. Also needed soda for the calories.
    DH DIET – DH did not follow the diet. He did try to cut down some on salt and I served less meat in general and way less red meat.

SUPPLEMENTS
    - Calcium/Magnesium – I did get some from diet. Consumed about 1 or 2 servings of fat free dairy daily. (non-fat yogurt, fat free frozen yogurt or rarely milk). When I started the sway, was taking 666mg of Calcium and 300mg of Magnesium daily but stopped that about a month before conception.
    - Vitex 400mg twice daily When I started the diet, I took the Vitex continually for the first 2 months and then it started to delay O. Switched to AF-O the last 2 months. Also used progesterone cream the last 2 months which I will obviously continue now.
    - Fiber nightly
    - Folic Acid 800mg daily then increased to 1600mg daily after attempt – due to low dietary consumption.
    - Cranberry - I took this the first 3 months but it was making my pH too low – less than 3.5 and I think it was killing off all the sperm. Did not take it the month of conception and pH was right about 4 at attempt.
    - Sudafed – took ½ tab 2 hours before attempt. Had barely any EWCM.
    - Aspirin - I am allergic to aspirin so that was out.

DH Supplements-
    - Calcium 333mg twice daily
    - Magnesium 300mg nightly
    - Fiber nightly
    - Licorice 500mg twice daily AF-O. This definitely made a difference as I noted during our attempt he was less… umm… errr… virile?
    - “CranRich” Super Concentrated Cranberry 500mg 36:1 concentration twice daily for a few days before O
    - Sudafed – took 1 time 2 hours before attempt
    - Zyrtec – night before attempt
    He also did not exercise at all AF-O the month of our attempt. Said he was getting “flabby” LOL

THE DEED
    -TIMING - I had been planning on abstinence plus one attempt on OPK+. However, my aunt died and I had to go out of town. I got my OPK while we I was away. Dtd as soon as possible when I got home the next day. I think our attempt was a couple hours after O. We had 8 days abstinence and then only DTD 1x about 2 hours after O on March 11. No J&D.
    - BD POSITION – missionary, shallow.
    - PH – Mine was 4 at time of conception. Before starting sway, it got to about 5.5 at O. After diet, it did not budge above 4.2. DH was 8.5 when we had tested it pre-sway. Did not check again.
    - Douches, gels, etc - None. Found that my pH was actually lower without messing with it. Tried RePhresh in one of our practice months but my pH was lower without it.
    - SUSPECTED O DATE – March 11, 2012

IONS
    - OED IN WHAT MOON PHASE – was a barely waning moon. I don’t put a lot of thought into the moon or ion stuff as it doesn’t seem to make much of a difference. Plus, my O is such clockwork that I have O’d on a full moon or just after forever.
    - CHANGED IONS IN OTHER WAYS? – Again, don’t put much stock here but I did use lavendar soap in the shower and added lavender essential oils to my daily moisturizor and put a few drops on my pillow. I also happened to have a negative ion air purifier so I put that next to my bed. We also always sleep with the fan on. The day of O, went to this amazing park on a giant lake and the water was really rough. Waves were crashing up on the cliffs, spraying water everywhere.

OTHER
    HOW MANY KIDS DO YOU HAVE? - 2
    WHAT GENDER (S)? - 2 boys ages 4 and 7
    # OF MONTHS TTC – 4
    YOUR AGE - 36
    DH - 38

Comments
    Honestly, I think the most important part of my sway was prayer. I have been praying for 5 years for a DD. No matter what happens, I feel that it was worth a try. We seriously contemplated going HT but felt that was not the direction we were to go right now. I think if I did all this and still get a DS, then God must have a really great plan for his life. Not saying it will be easy but I am a work in progress! My overwhelming prayer was that He either give me a daughter or take away my desire for one so I have to trust Him to do one or the other. I considered this a time of fasting and prayer and read my bible a lot too. I have seen some amazing things come from it so definitely not time wasted. A lot of MY plans were taken away from me - with my Aunt dying and missing the timing I thought was perfect, stopping calcium, mag, having my pH go too low if I tried to control it, etc. I really had to surrender it all to Him. Now I just pray for a healthy, happy baby!
    Last edited by NeedAGirl!; June 19th, 2012 at 02:23 PM.
    Swayed ! Blessed with a !!
    On the LE diet from October 26, 2011 until BFP 3/21/12. Born November 29, 2012

"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life" Proverbs 13:12. Thank you Lord for answering my prayers!!

2004 2007 : expecting

Check out these gorgeous girly nubs!! http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ultr...ss-please.html

My sway.. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...tml#post209481

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think that's a great sway! Good luck!!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Needagirl~ I think that is a fabulous sway. I truly think you did everything possible, and I love your outlook. I feel like its that outlook thats going to get you your DD!! Congrats to you H & H!
    Cycle#1 Jan/Feb 2013: 10 eggs retrieved, 8 mature, 8 fertilized. 1 expanded blast frozen to batch.

Cycle #2 May/June 2013: 17 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized, 3 blasts frozen. Sending all 4 to Natera: 2 normals- 1 girl (cycle 2) & 1 boy (cycle 1)

Cycle #3 September 2013: 11 eggs retrieved, 8 mature, 8 fertilized. 4 biopsied. 2 normal boys

FET #1: October 25th: BFN

Cycle#4: Feb/March 2014: 12 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 10 fertilized. 1 normal XX! Transfer March 3rd. BFP: 3/9/14!!!! Beta: 7dp6dt:38, 9dp6dt:139!, 6weeks 1 day: heartbeat!!!

She's here and I'm in love

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What a great sway! I think you had a great approach with using it as a time of fasting and prayer (the diet sure can feel like fasting!!)

Wishing you a H&H 9 months!
    Mom to 3 wonderful boys waiting for our

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That is so wonderful! Congrats on your bfp and may you have a happy and healthy pregnancy!
    2005; 2007; 2009; arrived 6/28/14!!
    5 failed IVF/PGD's 2010-2012
    Ectopic pregnancy 2013 that caused IC

Emergency cerclage at 18 wks & Suffered through months of strict bed rest to keep this little man baking. My water broke at 31w4d and He finally arrive June 28 at 32 weeks!
    He is so strong and perfect! Truly my little angel.

-God, Grant me the Serenity to Accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to Change the things I can and the Wisdom to know the Difference-

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Great sway, I hope luck was on your side too. Congratulations!
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Great sway!!! Congratulations!

Dream Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    AWESOME SWAY!!!!! Praying you get your girl!
    and along the way.

Due with a after prayer and and slight swaying.

"It must take quite a man to knock the balls off a boy!"

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Great sway, congratulations and good luck for your pregnancy.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Awesome sway! I hope it will result in your baby girl, or in any case, a happy, healthy baby
    6 3
    swayed for a

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast