Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is it worth it?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I did that. Gave myself mar-may to try and then let it go for a while...saying if it was meant to be it would happen in that time, and it did!

Had my first and only little girl Emmerson oct 19,2014 right on her due date!
    Hoping I stop calling her 'little dude, bud' and him real soon

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had a peek at your sway cravingsalt and it looks great! I'll be keeping everything crossed for you

I think it's totally normal to be worried about adding to your family, there is just so much to think about...money, health changing the family dynamic, what other people think....I have been like that with every one of mine (having a big family is not the norm where I am either so I get a lot of comments). In some ways I think an accidental pregnancy might be easier!

It's a big leap of faith but I think it's so worth it, just remember that whatever happens you can only do your best and it sounds to me like any baby would be lucky to be born into your family

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I can relate to you on so many levels. I did not want to read and run but do want to tell you whatever happens you make the most beautiful boys that little face it to die for.......

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi, girls!
    I'm currently pregnant with ds2. I learnt he was a boy about three weeks ago and I was devastated. I had swayed so actively (though eating too healthy in terms of the LE diet, which I think doomed my sway) and every part of my attempt looked so perfect that I could not believe a boy had managed to get through all those layers of Sylk, Aci-jel and stark vegetarian diet doused with diet coke and cranberry juice. I cried for days and that's when I decided to join Genderdreaming. It's the only place where people understand what I'm feeling.
    Like one of you said before, what hurts the most when you tell people you're expecting another boy are all those girl comments like "Next time it'll be girl" or the disappointment written all over their faces like "Poor thing, another boy". Especially the girl mums, who think having a boy is the worst torture possible.
    It also hurts to go into the shops and look at all those frilly dresses or the Hello Kitty bags of Barbie make-up sets I will not be able to buy for my little girl. The world seems empty right now.
    I know I will love this baby as much as I love his brother, but for the time being I'm half in acceptance of the fact and half in mourning. I am so happy that he seems to be in good health (we'll know for sure in a couple of weeks with the amnio results), that he's so active and full of life, but I can't get over this feeling that my family is not complete. I need some pink and female companionship in the house. It has nothing to do with him.
    Dh was hard to convince to have a second child and I'm not sure how he will react when I tell him that I'd like to try again in a couple of years. Like LuckyHappyBlessed said, there is money, health, family dynamic to consider with the addition of a new member. But this hope cheers me up. Hope is all we have left when all else is gone.
    I hope you get your girl and I hope you'll be okay if it's a boy. Deep down I wonder why we idealise this notion of giving birth to a girl. What is it so special about girls? My boy is so sweet, so protective to me, so tender, he kisses me and loves me... What could a girl do better than that?

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Can totally relate to you, I'm having such a hard time trying to decide if we should go for no3. It's driving me crazy trying to figure out what the future holds- will I regret not trying, or will I regret having to to through gd again and will it badly affect my family if I fail? It's so hard.

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    hi girls your post sounds SO like me right now its exactly how i have been thinking. Im actually scared of when we do ttc and i do get preg im dreading the scan and being told, i have to know, so that i can get my head around it

the mother daughter thing and mother in law thing is what ive been thinking loads about also, and i find myself looking at girls stuff in shops all the pretty dresses and accessories and just imaging what she would be like. it hurts so much and we arent even ttc yet!!!!

i also have 2 boys born in 08 and 10 like you my first was 98 xxxx
    Mummy to 3 gorgeous boys and three gorgeous stepchildren

Mine - 1998 2008 2010

DPs: 2005 2007 2009

Havin vas reversal 2015 dreaming 2015

hoping for our little pink princess ttc 2016

super strong swimmer vibeys needed

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks, Angel!! He still has that little button nose!
    Last edited by cravingsalt; June 18th, 2012 at 11:58 AM.
    12.24.08 4.13.10 third and last. It is nice being queen of my castle but would love to add a princess.

My Ovulation Chart
    || Ovulation Tracker

After 12 months ttc, taking a little sanity break. Fx to all of the dear ladies on here in the meantime.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey Pink Carol!

So sorry about your GD. I had bad GD with #2, I paid for an extra scan and cried in the room when they told me, then straight in to denial trying to convince myself it was too early. I can truly say that #2 ended up being my little mini-me, has my personality totally and is a huge cuddlebug. He is different than my first in so many ways. I didn't think I could love another boy as much as my first, especially my GD baby but I am happy to report that I am totally over him not being a girl. In fact, I love that I can buy the cute little Hurley and Quiksilver skater outfits for #1 guilt free, knowing they will go straight to #2, and they look so cute together and play nicely (most of the time). Honestly, if I knew there was a girl at the end, two boys then a girl would be my "ideal". I love that they have each other. I will agree that it is hard when you sway hard core and it feels like your sway "failed". But in the end it all works out how it was meant to be. I'm growing to believe that I will do my final sway to tell myself I did, but really whatever is meant to be will be. I would love to have a little girl. But probably if I had a couple of girls, would feel the same ache for a boy. We just want both, most likely. Whenever it gets too bad I jump on a TTC conceive board and read the posts from ladies who have been trying for years, and realize how lucky I am. Hugs to you, I've been there, am still there every other week, while thinking about a third! But know that you will be in love with your newest prince very soon!
    12.24.08 4.13.10 third and last. It is nice being queen of my castle but would love to add a princess.

My Ovulation Chart
    || Ovulation Tracker

After 12 months ttc, taking a little sanity break. Fx to all of the dear ladies on here in the meantime.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Serendipity-

I'd love to answer that. When I figure it out, I'll get back to you, LOL!

My Ovulation Chart
    || Ovulation Tracker

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I wish I knew people like you ladies in real life! You all relate so perfectly. I can't even say the things I think out loud to other people without getting judged. I'd love to hear how all of your stories turn out! I'm in 2ww right now, if we don't get preggo not sure if we'll try again or just call it a day and enjoy our two lovely boys.

My Ovulation Chart
    || Ovulation Tracker

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast